Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Me Decide Which Outdoor Toys to Buy
Unregistered 08:05 AM 04-01-2016
I am getting some money ($100) for participating in a program encouraging healthy eating and physical activity. I have to decide what I want to buy with the money and it must be directly related to one of those two topics. I was thinking of getting some trikes but not sure if they'll work well on the grass in my back yard.

I'd like to get some suggestions of what outdoor toys your daycare kids really love. I currently have a swingset, slide, climber and basketball hoop outside. Any new ideas would be appreciated!
Unregistered 08:08 AM 04-01-2016
I should add that my kids ages this summer will be 5, 5, 3, 3, 20 mos, 20 mos, and 12 mos.
childcaremom 08:37 AM 04-01-2016
My dh made a balance beam out of old wood. Dcks love this.

Hula hoops, skipping ropes, balls. Besides the obvious uses, my dcks find lots of interesting ways to use these.
NightOwl 08:48 AM 04-01-2016
Balls and riding/push toys, for sure. Mine play with these things more than anything else. The little push lawnmower is a favorite.
rosieteddy 08:52 AM 04-01-2016
My DC kids loved little tyke motorcycles.I would buy 6 all the same .I had the red ones. They were used on wood chips and helped with balancing ect.For the infant I would buy a push toy to sit or push.Right from the start I would only let infant use different one. The balance beam could be fun also.
DaveA 08:59 AM 04-01-2016
All of the above are great ideas. I would add a wagon or 2 and a playhouse to the wish list.
Blackcat31 09:01 AM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am getting some money ($100) for participating in a program encouraging healthy eating and physical activity. I have to decide what I want to buy with the money and it must be directly related to one of those two topics. I was thinking of getting some trikes but not sure if they'll work well on the grass in my back yard.

I'd like to get some suggestions of what outdoor toys your daycare kids really love. I currently have a swingset, slide, climber and basketball hoop outside. Any new ideas would be appreciated!
I have these tricycles. They work fabulous on grass and the kids LOVE them! They are durable and last a long time. I've had one (I have 4 total) that is over 20 years old and it's just as nice as the newer ones.

You can usually find them at places like Menards, Mills Fleet Farm or order them on-line. Just search for all terrain tricycles.

I paid about $80 a piece for them but like I said, they are SUPER durable and more than worth it in my opinion.

lovemydaycare0912 09:27 AM 04-01-2016
I personally want to get one of those water/sand play tables. It isn't a table but I don't know how else to describe it. They have it at BJ's for about $35. You can put water or sand in it or use it for just about anything else. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Unregistered 11:20 AM 04-01-2016
http://www.walmart.com/ip/29132097?w...208752&veh=sem

Hop-on balls.
My3cents 08:20 PM 04-01-2016
mud table, cars and trucks, balls, bubbles, climbers

have fun!

3cents
Thriftylady 03:42 PM 04-02-2016
Sand/water toys. And my kids love to climb on things but we go to the park for that.
Tags:outside play equipment, outside toys
Reply Up