Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Survey for School-agers...Would You Help?
Laurel 12:56 PM 07-06-2016
I am ghost writing a blog post and need to survey school age children. If you watch, or have school age children of your own, could you ask them a question or two for me? Just type their answer, their first name and age. If you'd rather not give a name, I can make one up but no last names please. I would really appreciate it. I think it would make a cute post to have children actually answer.

The question is: What is the best way to get kids to do chores?

If you want you can ask them a follow up question to get them to talk more. Just let me know the question and answer please. I really appreciate this!

Here is what my 10 year old granddaughter said:

What is the best way to get kids to do chores? "Pay me money." Hoping to get more out of her, I asked 'Why do you think you should get paid?' She said "Because I need money in my pocket." I'm hoping for cutesy answers like that or serious ones. Just wanted to give you an example.

Thanks if you can help!
AmyKidsCo 01:03 PM 07-06-2016
What is the best way to get kids to do chores?

7 yr old granddaughter: Say "If you do your chores you can have caaaaandy." Because all kids like candy. Or say "If you do your chores your best friend can come over to play."

9 yr old son: "Make it fun for them"
I asked how to make it fun and he said "I don't know. Chores aren't fun."

11 yr old son: "Give them more iPad time, because you can never have too much iPad time."
Thriftylady 01:06 PM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I am ghost writing a blog post and need to survey school age children. If you watch, or have school age children of your own, could you ask them a question or two for me? Just type their answer, their first name and age. If you'd rather not give a name, I can make one up but no last names please. I would really appreciate it. I think it would make a cute post to have children actually answer.

The question is: What is the best way to get kids to do chores?

If you want you can ask them a follow up question to get them to talk more. Just let me know the question and answer please. I really appreciate this!

Here is what my 10 year old granddaughter said:

What is the best way to get kids to do chores? "Pay me money." Hoping to get more out of her, I asked 'Why do you think you should get paid?' She said "Because I need money in my pocket." I'm hoping for cutesy answers like that or serious ones. Just wanted to give you an example.

Thanks if you can help!
From Lilly age 7- To yell at me and say my name, because that is what my mom does.

From Taylor age 8- Give a reward like an ice cream sundae or go to the park.
Laurel 01:33 PM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
What is the best way to get kids to do chores?

7 yr old granddaughter: Say "If you do your chores you can have caaaaandy." Because all kids like candy. Or say "If you do your chores your best friend can come over to play."

9 yr old son: "Make it fun for them"
I asked how to make it fun and he said "I don't know. Chores aren't fun."

11 yr old son: "Give them more iPad time, because you can never have too much iPad time."
Oh, I love them! Thank you! Would you prefer I make up a first name? I forgot to put my own granddaughter's name. It is Julianna.
Laurel 01:35 PM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
From Lilly age 7- To yell at me and say my name, because that is what my mom does.

From Taylor age 8- Give a reward like an ice cream sundae or go to the park.
Ut oh, yell at me....

Thank you, I love these!
Laurel 10:14 AM 07-07-2016
Thanks everyone. I finished the article and used all the comments.
Tags:school agers
Reply Up