Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>COVID & Training Hours for Daycare Providers/Employees
springv 02:15 PM 09-18-2020
Are any providers or employees doing their mandated trainings (cpr/first aid, child abuse etc) while we're in quarantine? Has anyone had their yearly state licensing visit? Just curious what others were doing during the quarantine
Blackcat31 02:21 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
Are any providers or employees doing their mandated trainings (cpr/first aid, child abuse etc) while we're in quarantine? Has anyone had their yearly state licensing visit? Just curious what others were doing during the quarantine
Most of our trainings are available online other than CPR/First Aid. I am not sure how those are being done or if they are being done. But the other required trainings are still required to be completed.

My licensor is still conducting licensing visits but follows our state safety protocols.

We were told, quarantine does not equate to skipping or waiving the training requirements. Especially if we are still open and operating.

My food program rep is doing all visits via ZOOM. I've done two that way so far. It was odd at first but now that I've actually got the hang of it, it's actually kind of cool.
Cat Herder 02:33 PM 09-18-2020
I had my visit in hybrid format, half online (scan and upload all documents) and half on zoom. Another should be due soon, every 3 months.

I do my mandatory annual trainings in January for the new year, each year.
Annalee 03:42 PM 09-18-2020
All trainings and re-licensing is 'virtual' here.

CPR/first aid was offered to 10 participants at a time to those in need....that was the only training not allowed online.

Zoom meetings and microsoft teams have been my friend this year. I have already relicensed but I hear there is an app that makes uploading easy?
Meeko 06:56 PM 09-18-2020
For now, Utah is accepting online first aid CPR.

We do our own training. Staff meetings count as long as we cover all the topics required.
284878 09:35 PM 09-20-2020
I haven't done CPR yet but it is due soon. My go to class is not holding classes. So I have to find an alternative. I haven't looked in a while.

I had my training hours done before lock down but I now see that I have an required health and safety course to take online.

Yes I did have my inspection. I received a memo on what to expect and read it, unfortunately inspector didn't read his copy.
I was to have ready or email all documents that he needed to review for him to review off site, which I did but he still reviewed them in my home.

Food program is calling for inspections and mailing documents. I was going to recommend zoom but that would make more work for me.
satcook 04:19 PM 09-22-2020
Our state waived inspections for us because we were in good standing last year. We did have a complaint called in on us so did receive that visit...

Most of our training had already moved online and they are offering it for free right now which is a nice perk. The place we take CPR from is still doing it so we've been able to keep certifications up.

Our local police office is no longer doing fingerprints so we have to go to the law enforcement training center instead. It's actually nicer as they use an electronic system instead of the ink pad. Our prints are being accepted and not rejected now. :-)
Tags:covid-19 and daycare, inspections, training
Reply Up