Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>May 7, 2011 is...
jenh171 04:31 PM 02-01-2011
National Babysitter's Day! I'm not sure many parents will know about it, but this would be a great day for us all to do something special for our own sitters!
momofboys 04:59 PM 02-01-2011
Originally Posted by jenh171:
National Babysitter's Day! I'm not sure many parents will know about it, but this would be a great day for us all to do something special for our own sitters!
Unfortunately I don't have a sitter unless you count my in-laws & my sister who will babysit for us about 1-2x a year. What I would like to do is figure out an indirect way to point out to DCFs that this is a holiday. Any ideas?!?
laundrymom 05:10 PM 02-01-2011
Actually it's nothing to do with baby sitters. It's national childcare provider appreciation day. If you don't take it off as a paid holiday you should. It's always the Friday before mothers day. There is a website you can order materials to announce it to parents.
jenh171 05:16 PM 02-01-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Actually it's nothing to do with baby sitters. It's national childcare provider appreciation day. If you don't take it off as a paid holiday you should. It's always the Friday before mothers day. There is a website you can order materials to announce it to parents.
I had never heard of it and saw it on some cheesy website, but it was called "babysitters day". Perhaps they've changed the name in recent years. Good for you if you take the day off! I cannot imagine giving my parent's materials to announce it. In my opinion, it would be completely tasteless...as if asking for a gift or something! Maybe people use the materials to legitimize taking a day off? I have no idea! Anyway, I just thought it would be a nice date to note if you have someone caring for your own children.
momatheart 05:16 PM 02-01-2011
Our center actually got a beautiful plant and great yummy treats and coffee brought in by a parent one year. That mom always did extras for us. LOVE PARENTS LIKE THIS!
laundrymom 05:33 PM 02-01-2011
I had never heard of it and saw it on some cheesy website, but it was called "babysitters day". Perhaps they've changed the name in recent years. Good for you if you take the day off! I cannot imagine giving my parent's materials to announce it. In my opinion, it would be completely tasteless...as if asking for a gift or something! Maybe people use the materials to legitimize taking a day off? I have no idea! Anyway, I just thought it would be a nice date to note if you have someone caring for your own children.
I disagree. I think it's very important to educate parents about something like this. For me Its a paid holiday.
I've been celebrating since 1994 :-) all my parents accept, embrace and celebrate it with me. They know how hard my job is. And they recognize the days importance
http://www.providerappreciationday.org/
MissAnn 06:57 PM 02-01-2011
I'm no babysitter. I'm a professional....although it would be nice to get babysitting wages!
laundrymom 03:11 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
I'm no babysitter. I'm a professional....although it would be nice to get babysitting wages!
Love this!!
Little People 03:22 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I disagree. I think it's very important to educate parents about something like this. For me Its a paid holiday.
I've been celebrating since 1994 :-) all my parents accept, embrace and celebrate it with me. They know how hard my job is. And they recognize the days importance
http://www.providerappreciationday.org/
I am going to print this out and post it!! Thanks!
Blackcat31 06:40 AM 02-02-2011
Since I participate with the Food Program and each parent has to do an enrollment form, my food program sends out a newsletter to each family telling parents that National Childcare Provider Appreciation day is on ***xx day. My parents are usually very nice about it....I got a plant, a $10 gift card to Target, a box of gourmet candies and a few cards last year. The food program also sends us a nice gift...last year, we got a ceramic travel coffee cup with the food program logo on it.
AmandasFCC 07:06 AM 02-02-2011
In Canada, May 20th is Child Care Appreciation Day. I post the proclamation from the government in my entrance for the month of May. Sadly, it's never been noticed or recognized lol
momma2girls 07:43 AM 02-02-2011
Last yr. was the first yr. I have ever heard of this date!! It was from someone posting it on here. I placed it on my daycare calendar- that's about it!!
Tags:holiday, national babysitter's day
Reply Up