Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Cold....
tenderhearts 08:51 AM 08-30-2010
My 5 mo. old baby came with a runny nose this morning. When mom dropped of she said, she has a little cough and a runny nose, and asked if someone in my daycare had it. I said well not that I know of yet, I told her the few kids that were already here didn't and she said she came home with it on friday (when she left my house her nose was not runny), anyways new mom, but for one, even if she was exposed on friday she wouldn't have gotten symptoms that day and I said in the winter months someone always seems to have one. She didn't seem like it bothered her maybe she was just curious, but I sure hope she knows it's going to happen, we don't send kids away for a cold. Not to mention she just brought hers with one. Just one of those things where they question it contracting it here like she couldn't have gotten it some where else?
SunflowerMama 09:05 AM 08-30-2010
I have 3 right now with runny noses and coughs. I think it just comes with the territory. As much as we clean it's going to happen...they will get sick. It's probably tough for her to see her little one sick, especially as a first time mom, but I'm sure she understands with all those kids playing together and loving on each other there's not much you can do.
DCMomOf3 09:12 AM 08-30-2010
I have a mom who always assumes her kids get sick here even though 95% of the time he DCK is the first sick. I feel she just thinks it's easier to blame the daycare. I hope she wasn't too accusational and was understanding.
DanceMom 12:40 PM 08-30-2010
Anytime anyone of my dc kids get sick, its daycare fault. They NEVER pick up germs anywhere else....

I had a parent ask me if I had a culdron in the basement that I stir together germs and feed it to the kids. I told her yes.

Daycare gets blamed for everything...my experience anyways
Tags:cold, flu, sick
Reply Up