Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Question About Bank Deposits - TOM
care-care 12:22 PM 03-01-2011
Ok my question today is every week I go to the bank and deposit my daycare check AND my husbands check at the same time do I enter something for mileage for this.. How do I determine this I have to go to the bank to dep the money from both but dont want to waste my gas to do it in two trips so is this just better left and not deducted? and where would i enter this in mmk if I would do this? Please advise
Michael 12:38 PM 03-01-2011
Did you get a chance to see Tom's webinar yesterday? There is also a CD and Pioweroint presentation available for those that may gave missed it.
TomCopeland 01:13 PM 03-01-2011
You can claim a trip as a business trip if the primary purpose of the trip was business. Since you are depositing a business and personal check each time, the question is "what's the primary purpose?" It looks like 50-50. If so, you can't claim the miles because it's got to be at least 51% business. Maybe you should take every other trip as a business trip.
Michael 01:46 PM 03-01-2011
Did you get a chance to see Tom's webinar yesterday? There is also a CD and Pioweroint presentation available for those that may gave missed it.
care-care 04:50 PM 03-01-2011
I didnot get to see it as I was at parent teacher conferences.. pout. I read the questions and answers he responded to. Is the cd going to give me more info than what I read online pertaining to this?( i read his answeres and others questions) i have his record keeping book already . so if the info is the same then i wouldnt need it. if there is more info that is extremely usleful then I would consider buying the cd.. any one who watched this can chime in please
TomCopeland 12:37 PM 03-02-2011
The webinar presentation did cover a lot more than is reflected in the questions and answers I posted on my blog. You would get a copy of the power point and handouts.
care-care 10:32 AM 03-04-2011
maybe ill just not claim any of them . is it gonna make that big of a difference?
care-care 01:06 PM 03-04-2011
i just did every other its 9 miles each trip. so thats all done thanks
Tags:bank account, deposit
Reply Up