Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Deposit Cut Off Date, Advice Needed
daycare 01:33 PM 04-19-2012
Help!!

So I run a preschool program from Aug to june. and a summer camp style program during the summer.

Normally I interview up until about now and require all deposits to be paid in full by may 15th for fall registration. I also normally state that no applications will be accepted for fall registration after this date.....

BUT....................
I am planning on increasing my LIC and if I does increase, buy fall, I will be able to take more kids. Which would mean that the above statement is not true. I will take more applications after this date, but I won't have my approval for my increase until July, so how do I go about this??????

Should I even worry about it at all? or should I just proceed as normally would...any advice on anything different....
Breezy 03:02 PM 04-19-2012
Can you wait to finish enrolling until July when you know? Or could you call and see if they could move up your approval?
momofboys 03:13 PM 04-19-2012
That is tricky b/c you don't want to enroll more kids than you have room for? Can you accept applications or hold off on the deadline or let potential clients know they are on a "Waiting list" & you can notify them in July if they indeed have a spot? How likely is it that you will be approved to add more numbers to your clientele?
Breezy 03:17 PM 04-19-2012
Oo waiting list is a great idea!
daycare 03:46 PM 04-19-2012
thanks for responding...I do have a wait list, but not sure how many of them really still need a spot and I only will have 1 full time and two part time spots which make up a full time.. I will only invite those that I want to join us and send out a letter of acceptance.

I guess I could say that if I didnt invite some of the people on my wait list then I could say that they just have to continue to stay on the wait list until I know for sure if I will have the openings.

ugh I frustrate myself
daycare 03:50 PM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Can you wait to finish enrolling until July when you know? Or could you call and see if they could move up your approval?
I am just starting the expansion process and it could be months before I know if I am approved or not.. We are also making renovations to the house so I have to finish all of that too, plus I have to hire someone...lol
Crazy8 03:54 PM 04-19-2012
I would just stick with the cut off dates you have for right now - this will "guarantee" people their spots. Then a little further down the road (after your cut off date) I would announce the possibility of more spots opening - be honest and say "pending state approval" or whatever it is you are waiting on. Then you will have people who are truly interested contacting you to get those last few coveted spots.
daycare 03:55 PM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I would just stick with the cut off dates you have for right now - this will "guarantee" people their spots. Then a little further down the road (after your cut off date) I would announce the possibility of more spots opening - be honest and say "pending state approval" or whatever it is you are waiting on. Then you will have people who are truly interested contacting you to get those last few coveted spots.
ok I need to stink to this and stop confusing myself......thanks for all of your feed back...lik I said, I think I just frustrate myself sometimes by over thinking things.
Tags:deposit
Reply Up