Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCP Pointing Out Injuries
Indoorvoice 01:06 PM 05-21-2015
I've noticed lately that almost every day one of my dcp's shows me a new bruise, scratch, mark, bump, etc. or she'll tell me dck told her that her tummy was hurting her after daycare or that dck will point to a bruise and say my name. She's not coming out and blatantly accusing me or even necessarily saying these things happened at daycare, but I find it odd that she feels the need to show and tell me these things. Like, what is the intention? And what should I do about it? I tell her that if I ever notice any of these things happening at daycare, that I'll let her know, but that there's not much we can do about everyday bumps and bruises. We play outside as much as possible and she is a new walker, so yes, she falls, but do I have to document ALL of that? And these little injuries are SO small that I just feel they're insignificant and they could have literally happened at my house or hers, how could you know? But she makes me feel a little defensive when she continues to bring these things up. What can I do to protect myself?
AmyKidsCo 01:22 PM 05-21-2015
If you're getting a funny vibe I'd document as much as you can. Starting at drop off - look DCK over and point out any bruises or owies to DCP before he/she leaves in the morning, then document any falls DCK has during the day.
cheerfuldom 02:04 PM 05-21-2015
I would just straight out ask her. "Tammy, we have discussed the bumps and bruises issue several times before but I can see that it is still on your mind. Is there a reason why you feel the need to point out every new bump or bruise? I made a copy of my injury policy just to remind you what I will report but other than that, I just don't feel the need to discuss every small thing every day. Is there something else on your mind regarding this?"
Laurel 01:28 AM 05-22-2015
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I would just straight out ask her. "Tammy, we have discussed the bumps and bruises issue several times before but I can see that it is still on your mind. Is there a reason why you feel the need to point out every new bump or bruise? I made a copy of my injury policy just to remind you what I will report but other than that, I just don't feel the need to discuss every small thing every day. Is there something else on your mind regarding this?"

Unregistered 06:50 PM 05-22-2015
I would annoy the heck out of that mom. Every little scratch I would call up to her job to notify her, if the child gets a paper cut I would call and inform her, if the child get a hang nail I would call up to her job and tell her. It would get old really quick and she would see how silly she was being. But thats me =)
itlw8 07:31 PM 05-22-2015
wait the child is young enough to be a new walker and mom wants you to believe when she points at a bruise the baby remembers what happens and clearly says your name ?????

how old is the genius
Indoorvoice 08:50 AM 05-23-2015
Originally Posted by itlw8:
wait the child is young enough to be a new walker and mom wants you to believe when she points at a bruise the baby remembers what happens and clearly says your name ?????

how old is the genius
This kid baffles me. 16 months old, and already talks in 2-3 word sentences. I would say she knows hundreds of words. But tell her "no" or tell her to "go play" and she cries and throws a fit for an hour. All of her smarts are a direct result of drilling from her parents and it shows in her lack of social skills

I'm going to start looking her over at arrival and pointing things out for mom. She's off for the summer in 2 weeks anyway and hopefully I can just nip it in the bud right away when she comes back in the fall.
Reply Up