Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Part Time Twins Mom DCM Wants to Add a Day:(
Dsquared 07:36 AM 11-05-2015
Hello,

I watch twins ages 8 months. One is a boy, the other is a girl. They are a lot of work! I can tolerate it because they come 3 days a week (tues,wed,thurs). They get dropped off at 8:00 and picked up at 4:30. They pay me $260.00 a week which is a huge discount because I charge $225 a week for my full time rate. The mom tells me at drop off this morning that she has taken on a new job, but that it seems her days will stay at 3 days since she is working from home but she is not sure. I send her a text later telling her that if she had to add a day it would be difficult for me because of my numbers, and that the twins rate would have to change significantly because 4 days in my book is pretty much full time. I believe she thinks she was just going to add an extra $50 to the rate and think I would be ok with that. My question is what would i charge her if I decided to give her an extra day? I already feel she is not paying me enough for 3 days at 260 since my rate is 225 per week per child. If she came 4 days what would I charge her for the twins? Thanks so much!!!
mommyneedsadayoff 07:42 AM 11-05-2015
Originally Posted by Dsquared:
Hello,

I watch twins ages 8 months. One is a boy, the other is a girl. They are a lot of work! I can tolerate it because they come 3 days a week (tues,wed,thurs). They get dropped off at 8:00 and picked up at 4:30. They pay me $260.00 a week which is a huge discount because I charge $225 a week for my full time rate. The mom tells me at drop off this morning that she has taken on a new job, but that it seems her days will stay at 3 days since she is working from home but she is not sure. I send her a text later telling her that if she had to add a day it would be difficult for me because of my numbers, and that the twins rate would have to change significantly because 4 days in my book is pretty much full time. I believe she thinks she was just going to add an extra $50 to the rate and think I would be ok with that. My question is what would i charge her if I decided to give her an extra day? I already feel she is not paying me enough for 3 days at 260 since my rate is 225 per week per child. If she came 4 days what would I charge her for the twins? Thanks so much!!!
I would just tell her that anything over 3 days is full time and would require the full time rate of $225 per week, per child.
childcaremom 08:08 AM 11-05-2015
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
I would just tell her that anything over 3 days is full time and would require the full time rate of $225 per week, per child.

FT for me is 4 or 5 days/week. They still get charged the same rate.
safechner 08:37 AM 11-05-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:

FT for me is 4 or 5 days/week. They still get charged the same rate.

LindseyA 08:53 AM 11-05-2015
Dcm is expected to pay twice as much for everything because she has 2! They will be taking up 2 ft spots of yours, and should be paying accordingly. Hate to sound harsh, but dcm should've taken that into consideration, just like everyone else does with multiples.
Dsquared 09:01 AM 11-05-2015
Thanks for the responses. I will tell her its the full time rate for the 4 days
MarinaVanessa 09:46 AM 11-05-2015
Yep 4 days is the same as FT for me so I'd be charging FT as well. I'd take a look at your schedule and see if you could even accommodate them both all 5 days a week and if not and you could only do 4 days I'd approach DCM and tell her that you can only watch them 4 days because of ratios but since it's still FT you have to charge her FT time prices anyway. Maybe it'll dissuade her from adding that extra day
Dsquared 09:53 PM 11-05-2015
I don't think I could handle them four days a week. When they are not here on Monday's and Friday's it's such a relief. I will just tell her the rate would be $450 a week for both of them. There is no way she would pay that. I am thinking about raising my rate soon with her anyway. The $260 for 3 days for 2 kids is not enough! Thanks ladies
childcaremom 02:31 AM 11-06-2015
Maybe just tell her that right now you don't have an extra day available but if and when one comes open you will let her know. Then tell her what the rate will be.

Then if you change your mind down the road, you can let her know about an opening.

Good luck!
Ariana 07:02 AM 11-06-2015
You also have the right to refuse more days of care! I have already told my DCF that I do not do full-time care so if they want more days etc I won't do it. You could maybe say you don't do full-time for infants or something.
Reply Up