Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Curriculum (I Know There Is A Category)
DaycareDays126 05:23 AM 03-07-2017
I have been trying to start a more structured curriculum for my kiddos and I'm so overwhelmed! Can anyone tell me how they started theirs and what was the most helpful? I have checked out the category for it...there's just so much! Thanks for your help!
Blackcat31 05:35 AM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by DaycareDays126:
I have been trying to start a more structured curriculum for my kiddos and I'm so overwhelmed! Can anyone tell me how they started theirs and what was the most helpful? I have checked out the category for it...there's just so much! Thanks for your help!
Initially, I started out just following the guided curriculum directions using Funshine Express. The teacher guides that come in the kits pretty much walk you through every single domain for every day activities, crafts and etc.

Once I followed that through a year of teaching, I started adding to and "editing" it to fit my group and my needs/style.

After about the 3rd year, I noticed I was simply using their basic outline (for letter, number order/themes) but using my own ideas and activities and tossing most of the pre-packaged craft supplies the kit came with.

After that, I just follow my own guideline and came up with my own ideas, themes and activities using a ton of blogs, websites and of course Pinterest as a starting point.
LittleScholars 06:41 AM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by DaycareDays126:
I'm where Black Cat used to be. I just entered by second year, and I'm trying out a curriculum (I've used Funshine print and online, Mother Goose Time, and now Early Start). I like having a guide and I like having some bagged materials, but I'm very often adding to it/doing my own thing. I think having the guide is great to keep me organized, and I'll do away with it next year.

Considering that, I like Early Start and Funshine Online the best. It is super bare bones, but it is cheaper. I don't feel bad doing my own activities that cost more when I'm not paying a ton for my curriculum.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:05 AM 03-09-2017
I am going for less is more I bought the redleaf family curriculum so I have one for the state but honestly, I try to be child led and play as much as possible!
Reply Up