Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Inspections, How Often?
My4SunshineGirlsNY 08:14 AM 07-06-2010
This is my first year being registered and I have not yet had an inspection (besides the scheduled one before I was officialy reg.)...I was registered on Sept. 1st, 2009....how often does your state do a surprise inspection? I am in NY and since this is my first year, I don't know how this works.
melskids 09:47 AM 07-06-2010
i am in NY too and was just registered in july 2009. i was told they come once every 18 months, unless of course someone turns you in for something. i have yet to see anyone, except for one surprise visit for food program.
gbcc 10:18 AM 07-06-2010
When I was registered they came out once a year and it was scheduled. Now that I am licensed it is more often. About every 3 months.
My4SunshineGirlsNY 10:23 AM 07-06-2010
Originally Posted by gbcc:
When I was registered they came out once a year and it was scheduled. Now that I am licensed it is more often. About every 3 months.
They actualy schedule the inspections? I thought they just come out unanounced??
gbcc 05:31 PM 07-06-2010
They have always scheduled mine.
Golden Rule 06:36 AM 07-07-2010
Typically, here, it is once a year, unannounced.
originalkat 06:45 AM 07-07-2010
I am registered so no one comes by unless there is a complaint. I have been registered 3 years and have never had anyone stop by (except for the food program lady). As for licensed (in Kansas), they come by once per year around your anniversary date. So, as soon as you get your renewal packet in the mail you will know thay are coming in the next month or so.
Tags:inspection
Reply Up