Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thanks Tom Copeland!
lovemykidstoo 11:51 AM 04-10-2018
Just got my book today! Can't wait to dive in! Thank you so much Tom for all the help!
Attached: book.jpg (39.4 KB) 
TomCopeland 10:25 AM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Just got my book today! Can't wait to dive in! Thank you so much Tom for all the help!
Remember to keep track of the hours you spend reading my book when children are not present in your home. These get added to your time-space% calculation!
lovemykidstoo 11:12 AM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Remember to keep track of the hours you spend reading my book when children are not present in your home. These get added to your time-space% calculation!
Good point lol. I've attached the flipside of my attendance record book. Would this side be a good place to log my after daycare hours? If so, how detailed do I need to be on it? Can you give me an example if I read your book for 2 hours, would I write under the date for example "read tax book", "planned crafts", etc? I just want to log those hours correctly and detailed enough in case of an audit. Thanks Tom!
Attached: ledger.jpg (73.0 KB) 
TomCopeland 01:14 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Good point lol. I've attached the flipside of my attendance record book. Would this side be a good place to log my after daycare hours? If so, how detailed do I need to be on it? Can you give me an example if I read your book for 2 hours, would I write under the date for example "read tax book", "planned crafts", etc? I just want to log those hours correctly and detailed enough in case of an audit. Thanks Tom!
Yes, you can track your hours there. I would carefully track hours when children are not present for at least 2 months and use the average from these two months for the rest of the year. Your record should show the time of day you are doing the work (so we can see that it's not when children are present) and enough description so we can see why it takes you this time to do the work. For example: "Saturday, 9-10am, clean bathroom and kitchen, sweep floor in playroom, clean six outdoor toys, put away children's books and toys." Or, "Wednesday 7-7:30pm, read Tom Copeland book."
lovemykidstoo 05:01 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Yes, you can track your hours there. I would carefully track hours when children are not present for at least 2 months and use the average from these two months for the rest of the year. Your record should show the time of day you are doing the work (so we can see that it's not when children are present) and enough description so we can see why it takes you this time to do the work. For example: "Saturday, 9-10am, clean bathroom and kitchen, sweep floor in playroom, clean six outdoor toys, put away children's books and toys." Or, "Wednesday 7-7:30pm, read Tom Copeland book."
Thank you. If I track carefully my every day tasks that basically are the same every day or week (record keeping, cleaning, lesson planning), then I don't have to the other 10 months? That's ok with IRS? Then I would just add on for the rest of the year if I do training online, parent interviews, or additional record keeping for instance?
Tags:record keeping, tom copeland
Reply Up