Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Down One
dave4him 07:28 PM 12-12-2011
Looking forward to starting up in January. Right now I'll I have is one daycare kid which is my niece. Probably good to start small. Just nervous. Been a busy few weeks here, sorry haven't been posting much here
Cat Herder 07:55 PM 12-12-2011
Glad to hear you are ready to go for January. I bet you are excited.

No worries about being AWOL... It is that time of year!!

Busy, Busy, Busy... With Christmas, End of Year Statements and Tax Time coming, I am surprised anyone is on much lately.

I peek in for a breather..but am very close to caught up...
dave4him 06:24 AM 12-13-2011
I am excited, a bit nervous really. Especially since its family and i know thats generally a bad idea. But hey its in her best interest to get out of the big daycare shes at for her own health reasons anyway. Just need to get my paper work organized and hopefully will be ready to go. Need to find the stuff for food program enrollment and the DHS machine.... ack. Christmas is busy enough this time of year as it is. With my own three, the present buying, my sister coming to town.... so much to do
Meeko 09:04 AM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by dave4him:
I am excited, a bit nervous really. Especially since its family and i know thats generally a bad idea. But hey its in her best interest to get out of the big daycare shes at for her own health reasons anyway. Just need to get my paper work organized and hopefully will be ready to go. Need to find the stuff for food program enrollment and the DHS machine.... ack. Christmas is busy enough this time of year as it is. With my own three, the present buying, my sister coming to town.... so much to do
Where are you in OK, Dave?

We spent about 11 years in Altus. Hubby was stationed at Altus AFB
Sugar Magnolia 11:39 AM 12-13-2011
Yay Dave! Before the holidays is always sloooooow for enrollment. Things will pick up in January. Good luck! I think we talked about this before, so sorry if its a repeat, but you should try marketing to single moms. My husband has been INVALUABLE to our single moms, they LOVE having a positive male role model in their childs life. You rock Dave.
Blackcat31 11:43 AM 12-13-2011
Nice to see you back Dave!

Have you thought about maybe hosting a open house/shoppers day? Have busy moms use you as child care for shopping and as an open house to introduce you officially to the community as a child care provider looking for enrollments.

...don't know if it would work or not but just a thought. If people aren't comfortable with leaving the kids, you could still do the open house part of it.
dave4him 12:40 PM 12-13-2011
Ill get started slow, but yes ill be sure once spring gets here to get out more to the other moms in town. Least it helps to have a lot of networks on facebook and such. We live in the Tulsa area Looking forward to just getting started finally
Tags:new daycare
Reply Up