Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Common Sense Not So Common (Rant)
NillaWafers 04:30 PM 11-09-2015
One of my DCGs has been sick. We lost her shoe, so we were looking in her backpack. DCD packed Tylenol in there, in full reach of the kids. Glad I was the one who found it but really, do I need to spell it out that medicine should be given directly to me (not that I would even allow her to have Tylenol while here!)

Sheesh people.
Michael 04:32 PM 11-09-2015
Agree but at least they make the child protected containers for those kinds of parents.
midaycare 04:39 PM 11-09-2015
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
One of my DCGs has been sick. We lost her shoe, so we were looking in her backpack. DCD packed Tylenol in there, in full reach of the kids. Glad I was the one who found it but really, do I need to spell it out that medicine should be given directly to me (not that I would even allow her to have Tylenol while here!)

Sheesh people.
I found a few parents who do this! One of my dcb's was going through his bag last week and took out his inhaler - which was not child proofed. He gave it to another dck. I had to cover 20 feet in about .5 seconds. Now I check bags each morning.

I really have no choice but to take bags. We are now in coat, hat, gloves, etc season.
Thriftylady 04:47 PM 11-09-2015
When DD was 18 months she opened one of those child proof containers on my watch and drank a vile of pediacare. Luckily after a frantic call to the doctor I found that it wasn't something that would hurt her. I would be livid if I found that in a diaper bag.
nannyde 04:56 PM 11-09-2015
They like to dope them right before getting them out of the car to give them the best shot till nap time.
NillaWafers 04:57 PM 11-09-2015
Originally Posted by nannyde:
They like to dope them right before getting them out of the car to give them the best shot till nap time.
DCD is kinda a dope, I think he just didn't think. She wasn't doped up this morning at least, so there's that!

I talked to mom and she took the whole bag home and will talk to dad (they are divorcing).
daycare 05:22 PM 11-09-2015
I would be more worried that if licensing was to come in that I would be sighted for haivng that within their reach. they might be child proof, but I have seen plenty of children that can open those things.

my own daughter now 17.5 was like a magician when she was little and could open almost anything she got her hands on.
mommiebookworm 06:22 PM 11-09-2015
My older daughter was 2 when she opened a bottle of Tylenol. She drank about 1/2 the bottle and had to get activated charcoal in the er.
She's my more adventurous child!
Tags:medication - administering, medication - policy, parents - are clueless
Reply Up