Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Would You Feel About This?
tenderhearts 07:56 AM 01-16-2018
I frankly don't even understand most of the time why I even give people copies of my policies because it's pretty apparent most don't even read them.
This morning dcd comes in and says, he is wearing underwear today, boy turned 2 end of August. There has been no mention of potty training at all. I said oh, and he proceeded to tell me for the last 2 days he has been wearing underwear and hasn't had any accidents, and said I don't know what your policy is, I said well since he is just starting, for sanitary reasons I will need to put on a pull up (thinking they provided some in the bad as it is in my contract, I wont use regular diapers for potty training too difficult for me), anyways I continued to ask what they were doing how often ect and then I asked about pooping and he said oh, well he hasn't pooped yet I don't know. I said ok well again I will need to use a pull up for a bit to see his progress but pooping needs to be done as well.

I'm frustrated that parents just don't read my contract or would just bring him in underwear, that's what I want to do today is clean up all day.
Blackcat31 08:01 AM 01-16-2018
Did they supply pull ups or a protective cover at all?

If not, do you have diapers of his there?

The first time he wets himself, I'd call for pick up if he has no supplies there. If he does, I'd put him in a diaper and tell the parents as soon as he remains dry for two full weeks including #2, he can wear underwear (with a cover) at your house. Until then....the intro to training is on them.
tenderhearts 08:32 AM 01-16-2018
No pull ups just regular diapers, couple pairs of clothes. Thats what I told dad is that when they are usually dry for up to two weeks then I will put in underwear. I did explain that it is normal on occasion that they may have an accident here or there and I understand that but they need to be more consistent. Problem I seem to be facing so far today with him is he doesn't want to sit on the big potty, I have a toilet seat adapter and stool but he doesn't want to, so I am assuming that they use a kids potty, I have never not even with my kids used a kids potty (I find them rather disgusting). But usually when a parent decides they are starting to potty train, most of my parent ask me what I do not just put them in underwear their third day and hasn't pooped yet. I feel like they are thinking, oh I'll let HER deal with that.
Ariana 09:02 AM 01-16-2018
This happened to me this past fall. My contract states that PT is to only happen when parents have significant time at home to do the bulk of it themselves and then I will continue here with pullups until kid remains dry for a few consecutive days. They also need to be asking to go rather than being told to go or being taken at regukar intervals.

Dad comes in after two days of training telling me he is in undies. So I basically told dad that this is not how I do things and they should have told me they were starting because I could have explained my contract to them before we get into inconsistencies. Kid potty was part of it because he would scream here when I tried to get him to use the toilet. Anyway kid had lots of accidents here, none at home They ended up leaving shortly after all of this.

Anyway bottom line is that it is not your problem they didn’t read the contract. Just tell them to bring pullups and follow your policies. They can do whatever they want at home.
tenderhearts 09:13 AM 01-16-2018
Thanks, it's really frustrating. Frankly I really don't care if this family leaves, I'm actually hoping, not that I have issues with them or the boy but the mom seems like she doesn't like me from day 1, she never talks to me ever, really doesn't even look at me, I guess plus side to that is she picks up and leaves quickly lol.
Josiegirl 10:07 AM 01-16-2018
I had a dcm bring her 2 dds in one a.m., announced they did soooo well over the weekend and were both wearing underwear. Only thing I said to her was 'have they gone poop in the toilet yet?' "Well, no". Ok, they need their pull-ups on then. This was nearly 2 months or so ago and they STILL don't go poop in the toilet.
No, not dealing with poopy underwear. At all. Not even to peel it off their bottoms. No thank you.
CityGarden 10:25 AM 01-16-2018
I require parents to initial all policies in the contract in hopes that means they will actually read it.

I am okay with underwear (I am also okay with cloth diapers) but they will need a protective cover. And it just feels inconsiderate for them to just show up that way without conversation or partnership with you.
Ariana 10:41 AM 01-16-2018
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
Thanks, it's really frustrating. Frankly I really don't care if this family leaves, I'm actually hoping, not that I have issues with them or the boy but the mom seems like she doesn't like me from day 1, she never talks to me ever, really doesn't even look at me, I guess plus side to that is she picks up and leaves quickly lol.
Wow this is EXACTLY how the mom was with me too. She would even sniff her kids diapers at pickup to make sure they hadn’t pooped. No small talk, nothing. I put up with her rudeness for way too long.

I was their first daycare experience and I think a lot of parents are judgmental if you are not perfect or have policies they don’t agree with. Then when they leave they begin to see how good they had it
Reply Up