Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Schedule Changes
CityGarden 02:29 PM 04-17-2018
Moving away from contracted hours based on pick up times I am now offering 1/2 day (with pick up after lunch) and full day (pick up at 3:00pm after nap).

This leaves my enrollment at:
4 dcks pick up by 3:00pm per the new contract
2 dcks pick up by 3:30pm per my old contract with contracted hours
All are paying the same rate.

I did not give notice to the two dcks picked up at 3:30pm because it was only 2-days a week they were enrolled.....but one of them increased to 3-days and now wants to increase to 4-days..... the other will likely increase to 3-days soon.

The problem...
(1) I feel concerned parents will become lax with pick up times IF each day I have a 1-2 dcks here "late" compared to my posted hours giving the impression that I'm flexible when I am not and (2) The dcg who is increasing to 4-days days does not like being the last one picked up, she already feels change since a new baby is at home and she does not know she has an old contract / schedule and (3) my dd comes home from school at 3:00pm and I am not sure I want to be open the additional 30 minutes 4-days a week.

Both dcms with dcks here until 3:30pm are SAHMs.....

Would you switch all pick up to 3:00pm? Would you not charge the extra day if she picked up at 3:00pm or give a discount for dcm to pick up at 3:00pm?

WWYD? Thoughts? Insights?
mamamanda 02:40 PM 04-17-2018
I would definitely change all pick up times to 3:00. That's going to get old real quick, especially if you're adding days. I would possibly offer a very small discount due to the change in schedule, but not much. Give them 2 weeks notice that your program will be closing at 3 & just enjoy the extra half hour with your dd. That's what I would do.
rosieteddy 06:50 AM 04-18-2018
I would give 1 week notice as they are stay at home parents anyway.I would send out a notice telling them the new hours.I would offer full time at one rate.Then a little more per day for part time.You may have to charge a bigger fee for late pick-ups at first.I would also decide to have everyone ready at door or at stroller to meet my child outside.Personally I would not provide much snack if any after nap.
CityGarden 01:17 PM 04-25-2018
I did it! Notified the two families that pick up later than the rest of my group. I gave them a little less than a week notice but both are SAHMs and I sweetened the offer a little bit.
CityGarden 09:47 AM 04-26-2018
Yippie!!!!!!! Gave notice yesterday I will have all my dcks at the same pick up time.

In the fall I'm sure I will have some new dcks who will pick up 1/2 day (before lunch) to start.... but now and going forward my full day program all ends at the same time.
Tags:schedule - changes, schedule changes
Reply Up