Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rash on 9 month old
lovemykidstoo 04:48 AM 06-21-2018
So mom texted this morning and said baby had a rash on neck, armpits and sides. She said it's better than it was last night and wanted to know if he ate anything new. He hasn't. She said the doctor said maybe heat rash or allergy. We had hot temps here last weekend, but it's been cool for a couple of days. She then texted and asked if she shoudl bring him, he's acting fine. Thoughts? I told her I can't say since I can't see it.
boy_mom 04:58 AM 06-21-2018
Typically, I would exclude for any kind of rash.

I once had a mom say a rash was from trying strawberries so i let dcb come. It was actually rosiola and two other children ended up catching it!
lovemykidstoo 05:41 AM 06-21-2018
Looking at these pics, mom made a great choice and kept him home. Anyone ever seen a rash like this?
Attached: arash2.jpg (96.1 KB) arash3.jpg (59.4 KB) 
Blackcat31 06:09 AM 06-21-2018
Rashes are like people.....there are so many different kinds, types, causes, appearances and most are annoying but not terribly harmful however, ANY rash on a child means exclusion until the rash is gone and/or doctor diagnosis.
Jdy2222 07:37 AM 06-21-2018
That rash could be anything, or nothing at all. If they bring me a doctor note saying the rash has been examined and diagnosed and isn't contagious I'll accept unless the rash has led to open sores, but without that no way.
MyAngels 07:44 AM 06-21-2018
Those look like hives to me, but I would have excluded too. It really could be many things.
Darlaline 08:10 AM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Looking at these pics, mom made a great choice and kept him home. Anyone ever seen a rash like this?
I've seen certain allergic reaction rashes like the ones pictured here.
Ariana 10:41 AM 06-21-2018
Looks like ringworm to me!
Annalee 10:46 AM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Looks like ringworm to me!
Thats what I was thinking.
Ariana 10:58 AM 06-21-2018
I should also add that for some reason DRs have a really hard time diagnosing rashes. My daughter had Scarlett Fever and the DR tried to tell me it was an allergic reaction or a heat rash I knew it was Scarlett fever just from Google. It took 3 different DRs and a swab to confirm my diagnosis.
lovemykidstoo 11:01 AM 06-21-2018
That was my first thought especially with the ones on the neck, but would it look like that under the arms? It's all a solid red under there. I know it's hard to see in this pic. It's lighter in the pic
Tags:9 month old, rash, rash - chest, ringworm
Reply Up