Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ilinois Daycare Temps?
flying_babyb 09:46 AM 06-30-2018
What is the law on temp and outdoor play? We had a heat warning yesterday and my boss didn't bat a eyelash when my coworker insisted we go out, when it was 96 degrees!!
Solandia 10:50 AM 06-30-2018
I don’t recall the regs, but I would not have taken kids out. The heat indexes were terrible. Ours was 111F, statewide was heat index over 100 almost everywhere all day.

As a parent I would have been very angry. As a employee I would have refused to go out as I cannot handle that type of heat at all and would need accommodations (I’ve had heat exhaustion too many times to count, now I can’t handle much at all).
LysesKids 12:32 PM 06-30-2018
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
What is the law on temp and outdoor play? We had a heat warning yesterday and my boss didn't bat a eyelash when my coworker insisted we go out, when it was 96 degrees!!
TEMP regulations vary by state... No way would I have taken kids out; TN the highest temp allowed is 95 including heat index. I go out early morning & stay in the shade for a good part of that time, but after lunch/nap, not a chance right now due to extreme temps & air quality issues too
Blackcat31 01:40 PM 06-30-2018
https://illinoisearlylearning.org/ti...s/outdoorplay/
LysesKids 03:23 PM 06-30-2018
You posted it before I could
Tags:illinois, temp worker
Reply Up