Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ideas to help update my contract
TheGoodLife 08:25 AM 02-22-2013
So I'm losing my full-time DCM. I'd be upset, except I have bee beyond frustrated with consistent late drop-offs, PUs whenever, constant changing her schedule, and other things. (This is my closest college friend and a 1st time mom) I have another baby starting in the next couple months from maternity leave.
Anyways, I am updating my contract for any new families I interview. One change is I'm stressing CONTRACT hours, not business hours. I deleted the business hours completely. Too many people just come and go as they please, and I can't stand that. I am comparing DO and PUs to appointments- I need to plan my day and schedule around them! I am offering to extend hours for a fee (hopefully discouraging people from feeling free to run errands after work and PU whenever they want to). I nurse as well as have 2 dogs to kennel or put outside so they don't jump to greet the DCPs. I think I'm good on that area.
What I need help with now is my Health and Medication section. What do you guys do about medicine? I already got dinged with the "my baby is teething" (also from the above DCM) 2 months later, still no teeth- but all my kiddos are still passing it around. I am adding that I will not administer any fever-reducing medication of any kind, does that seems acceptable? What about not doing any medication, or just certain types, with a drs note? I've been blessed with 3 very healthy babies so far, and I'm not experienced with giving my kids much medication. Also, do most people ask for a dr's note when they are sick, or at least when they go to the dr? I know colds and germs are inevitable, but I want to have a solid well-baby policy in place
I already have the 24 hour unmedicated policy and no fevers at or above 100.0. Any other ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks ladies!!!
Blackcat31 08:34 AM 02-22-2013
If you PM me your e-mail address I will send you my handbook, my rate/contract page and my illness policies.

You are welcome to read, use, copy, borrow, steal, change, reword and/or tweak anything you find in them that works for you.
mls620 09:05 AM 02-22-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
If you PM me your e-mail address I will send you my handbook, my rate/contract page and my illness policies.

You are welcome to read, use, copy, borrow, steal, change, reword and/or tweak anything you find in them that works for you.
I hope you don't mind but I pm'ed you so I can get a look at your handbook.
Tags:contract - revisions
Reply Up