Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have Your DCFs Stayed After You Gave Notice?
AnneCordelia 06:44 PM 01-19-2012
I have never given 2 weeks notice before. I'm curious how often families will stay for the duration of the 2 weeks (or 4 weeks, or whatever your policy) and how many pull immediately?

What has been your experiences?

Thank you
E Daycare 07:22 PM 01-19-2012
Yup! I gave two weeks notice due to parent behavior and they still brought the dck that following two weeks. It was awkward at first but I got a nice card on the last day.

I was really hoping they would cut ties then and there but they did need the time to find another (more tolerant?) provider.
pfund2233 06:06 AM 01-20-2012
I termed one family and they pulled out... but still paid for the 2 weeks per my contract.
Zoe 06:09 AM 01-20-2012
One family I gave 3 weeks but told them that if they found care before then, we could cut ties at that time. They found care after a week and I was find with them leaving early.

Another family, I just wasn't going to take SA'ers anymore and told them (in April I think) that the last day of school would be the last day I take SA's. They stayed until that very last day.

It could go either way for you.
Daycaremomof2 06:57 AM 01-20-2012
I gave a 2 week notice on a friday, and they never came back (gave them time to find someone else over the weekend). BUT, I only had that child for 2 weeks (the poor child was used to mom only and was just not ready for group care).
JaydensMommy 07:01 AM 01-20-2012
I have given two weeks notice twice. One was a baby that cried nonstop. His mom took it personally and did not come back. The other was an almost two year old that also cried nonstop. Unfortunately she did come back for the entire two weeks...
wdmmom 07:16 AM 01-20-2012
I terminated a family effective immediately and they tried coming back the next day!!!

How's that for awkward?!?!?!
Daycaremomof2 07:28 AM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by JaydensMommy:
I have given two weeks notice twice. One was a baby that cried nonstop. His mom took it personally and did not come back. The other was an almost two year old that also cried nonstop. Unfortunately she did come back for the entire two weeks...
That was my situation as well- the baby cried non-stop, no matter what I did, and I had a migrane at the end of every single day! His mom took it personally too. Some kids just aren't cut out for group care- which is why I became a provider and quit my corporate job- because my child was one of them
cheerfuldom 08:39 AM 01-20-2012
Most families will leave and just pay the two weeks (or try to leave and not pay).

One reason I am glad I do daycare though is because my 2nd child was a screamer/biter/hitter as a toddler and she would have gotten kicked out of another daycare and my 3rd does not like any strangers, this includes family she sees on a regular basis. She would be a nonstop crier at daycare although she is very easy at home and with me. She also cries nonstop for babysitters here at our home.
Unregistered 09:34 AM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Most families will leave and just pay the two weeks (or try to leave and not pay).

One reason I am glad I do daycare though is because my 2nd child was a screamer/biter/hitter as a toddler and she would have gotten kicked out of another daycare and my 3rd does not like any strangers, this includes family she sees on a regular basis. She would be a nonstop crier at daycare although she is very easy at home and with me. She also cries nonstop for babysitters here at our home.
Thank goodness that we are able to do daycare AND take care of our own kids at the same time. I can just imagine my whiny high needs baby being the one getting ignored or abused because she is definitely a screamer. Being her mother, I sometimes get frustrated, but can always take good care of her because that's the power of the love of a mother. If I had a child that was as whiny as mine I would have had to term them lol. I love my little cutiepie!
KBCsMommy 01:17 PM 01-20-2012
I have terminated care immediately. And I have given 2 weeks notice.

The one time I terminated care immediately, I helped the mom find a preschool for her child. She seemed thankful that I helped her out. I have also seen her around town and she was friendly towards me.

Last week I gave a 2 week notice to a family. Mom originally was going to bring her child for the last 2 weeks. Then she texted on Sunday and said the child was not coming back. A few days later I texted her that her child had a full can of formula and an unopened pack of diapers, I never heard back from her. Not sure if she would be friendly towards me if I saw her!!!

My experience with the child I gave notice for was typical of what other providers on here told me would happen. That she would pull out her child and not bring them back.
pfund2233 01:31 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I terminated a family effective immediately and they tried coming back the next day!!!

How's that for awkward?!?!?!
Oh wow!! What did you do/say?
Tags:2 week notice
Reply Up