Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Attention Seekers

Does anyone have a kid to acts completly different around you when the parent is around? I have the situation where i watch family so my niece always acts more clingy to her mom when they all come over for a visit opposed to when shes just with me. When her moms there she gets an attitude and desnt act the same.... maybe its her trying to get her moms attention.
Acts 13:22
Old 01-17-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4him View Post
Does anyone have a kid to acts completly different around you when the parent is around? I have the situation where i watch family so my niece always acts more clingy to her mom when they all come over for a visit opposed to when shes just with me. When her moms there she gets an attitude and desnt act the same.... maybe its her trying to get her moms attention.
Yeah, ALL of them!

No seriously, it is perfecty normal and yes, most of them really do behave differently when in the presence of their "biggest fan".
Old 01-17-2012, 05:07 PM

Oh, yes. Almost every child acts differently when their parents are around. Generally not for the better, either.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:51 AM

Yep they all act like this!! Totally normal. They have a certain way of acting with their parents than they do with others.....we all do!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Licensed Daycare Provider

Oh yes...completely normal!! I have a 4yo dcb that I have been watching since he was 1 yo. He is such an angel, he listens to me, follows directions, eats every bite of food I give him, takes 3 hour naps, comes and gives me hugs etc I could go on and on!!

The second his mom or dad get here OMG this child acts posessed!! Starts running around screaming, hitting his dad where it counts, one time he ripped his moms shirt because he was clawing at her shirt (he was still BFing at the time) just super crazy!!

Anyways! I digress!! I think its a childs way of showing they have feelings about being left at daycare. And possibly this may be the way they act with their parents all the time.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
Oh, yes. Almost every child acts differently when their parents are around. Generally not for the better, either.
Agree 100%.

Tags
care courses, changing of the guard, child care courses, developmental - support, training