Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick Time Letter - HELP
Unregistered 07:11 AM 02-10-2020
long post help please!

I am so sick of families knowingly bringing their sick kids to daycare.. i am changing my policy to having unlimited sick days due to illness or lice in my home.. i have changed the wording in my contract and am going to have my families just initial the new paragraph, but i want to send a letter with it explaining the changes... but I dont know how to word it..

I used to just do 5 paid sick days a year.. (i have only used 2 sick days in 8 months - so its not like i close a lot due to sickness but i dont want to have to feel stingy about my sick days if im sick and struggling through the day beause i feel like i need to save them) but a lot of providers in the surrounding bigger towns have unlimited paid sick days to deter families from being their sick children.

any idea on how to word this letter?
Ariana 07:38 AM 02-10-2020
How are parents allowed to bring in their sick kids? Are you not enforcing your policies?

Dear parents,
Due to ongoing issues with illness at daycare, going forward there will be no limit on the amount of paid sick days (where the daycare will be closed due to sickness). This policy replaces the previous policy of 5 paid sick days. My health and the health of my family is my first priority. I appreciate your cooperation in this matter and understand if this arrangement no longer works for you.
Sincerely,
Sick provider
Unregistered 11:48 AM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
How are parents allowed to bring in their sick kids? Are you not enforcing your policies?

Dear parents,
Due to ongoing issues with illness at daycare, going forward there will be no limit on the amount of paid sick days (where the daycare will be closed due to sickness). This policy replaces the previous policy of 5 paid sick days. My health and the health of my family is my first priority. I appreciate your cooperation in this matter and understand if this arrangement no longer works for you.
Sincerely,
Sick provider
I just feel like i am constantly sending kids home, or they bring them back before symptoms are gone so I'm sending them home again.
Unregistered 11:52 AM 02-10-2020
Hows this? then no one feels to blame!?

Dear Parents:
I am changing my closure policy due to illness and lice effective 2/24/2020. Although this hasn’t been an issue so far, I recently attended a training and this change was highly suggested. In the event that any illness or lice should cause me to close daycare to prevent the spread of illness throughout the children, payment will be as normal. This policy replaces the previous policy of 5 paid sick day. I have used 2 sick days in about 8 months so hopefully I can continue on the disinfection train and keep our kids and myself healthy, which is my main priority! 😊 Thank you for keeping sick children home to prevent the spread of illness to the other children in care!
I wanted to get this change in place before June when my license changes, allowing me to add more littles to daycare.
Please initial the changed paragraph and return the sheet to me. I appreciate your cooperation!
Tags:closing - short notice, closing due to illness, closing letter, enforcing policies, enforcing policies - consistency, health assessment form, health check form, letter sample, letter samples, sickness notice
Reply Up