Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another Loophole For Caregivers Of Infants.....
Cat Herder 03:25 PM 05-16-2011
I had to click on it, I knew someone would come out with another loophole since they made propping bottles illegal.

After-all for every rule a loophole must exist in our culture.

I guess it is being marketed to the single mother of multiples with no help?

http://www.justmultiples.com/pacifeeders.html

Go further into the "simple solutions" categories for bottle props, slings and the snacker grabbers. Yikes!!
meganlavonnesmommy 05:48 PM 05-16-2011
They had those in Europe when I lived there about 5 years ago. I saw them all over. Never with multiples, but mostly kids in strollers. I dont like the idea of not holding a baby when they are eating. But I can totally see it being useful for in the car.
Abigail 05:53 PM 05-16-2011
LOL, cute idea but it only took me 1 minute to think of what could go wrong. A child could play with the "straw" cord and get hurt or at least by playing with it it would force the paci out of the mouth where they would need help to get it back. Maybe not, but I would always give something a go once to see if it works. I feed two babies at once at work and wish it was easier.
SunflowerMama 06:43 PM 05-16-2011
Hehe

My girls when they were little (they are 4 now). We did a lot of day trips and runs in the jogger and these were great for that.

snowborden1 07:55 PM 05-16-2011
Someone bought me one of those for my baby shower 15 years ago for my oldest son. My husband and I just laughed at it. I haven't seen one of those in years! I don't get how it just stays in the babies mouth... It seems as if it would fall out with out some one holding it in even though the baby would be sucking... Am I missing something? huh, weird.
Cat Herder 03:57 AM 05-17-2011
Cute kiddos Sunflower!!!! I can see it's appeal for some things, especially if they gets lot's of cuddling time with Mom everyday anyway.

I guess I am more concerned with it's childcare related implications, YKWIM??

Babies in many large group childcares don't get held more than an hour or so a day (average is four 15 minute bottles per day) as it is with the typical ratios and schedules. It would just be sad to lose that time, too, IMHO....
dEHmom 08:30 AM 05-17-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Cute kiddos Sunflower!!!! I can see it's appeal for some things, especially if they gets lot's of cuddling time with Mom everyday anyway.

I guess I am more concerned with it's childcare related implications, YKWIM??

Babies in many large group childcares don't get held more than an hour or so a day (average is four 15 minute bottles per day) as it is with the typical ratios and schedules. It would just be sad to lose that time, too, IMHO....
i agree with this. i see them being very useful in some situations, but i think many parents and providers will wind up using these full time so they can get more done around the house. like honestly 15-45 minutes for a feeding isn't the end of the world.

i bet those parents of the quintuplets would've appreciated these!!!!!!!
snowborden1 08:52 AM 05-17-2011
i bet those parents of the quintuplets would've appreciated these!!!!!!![/quote]

Haha!!! For sure!
Tags:bottle, bottle - propping, bottles, infants
Reply Up