Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Seriously Wondering Why They Don't Sleep
Country Kids 01:51 PM 09-26-2012
Yesterday 3 stayed awake the whole naptime! Nightmare afternoon and then today meltdowns happening because they were so tired. All of them went to bed at the normal time.

Today 2 of the ones that didn't sleep crashed, one crashed but woke up within 20 min-, and one that slept for 2 hours yesterday is wide awake and can't lay still.

I really think my days of everyone sleeping at the same time are over-
sahm2three 01:53 PM 09-26-2012
I hear you. I am in the same boat. I think I am just going to put them all in the same room and let them all scream together. I just have no idea how an 18 month old can go all day with no nap!!!
Country Kids 02:20 PM 09-26-2012
One of them thats not sleeping has an activity after childcare that they have to go to. This is a child that if they don't get rest they are out of control-almost delirous because of being tired. Then they are going to rush through the evening with dinner and bed and be overly tired again tomorrow.

I wonder how the teacher will handle it? Last night when I saw them they were so tired they could barely walk. OH, well after 5:30 its no worry of mine but I feel bad for the gymnastics teacher.
daycare 02:39 PM 09-26-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
One of them thats not sleeping has an activity after childcare that they have to go to. This is a child that if they don't get rest they are out of control-almost delirous because of being tired. Then they are going to rush through the evening with dinner and bed and be overly tired again tomorrow.

I wonder how the teacher will handle it? Last night when I saw them they were so tired they could barely walk. OH, well after 5:30 its no worry of mine but I feel bad for the gymnastics teacher.
ck how old are your DCks again????
Country Kids 02:49 PM 09-26-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
ck how old are your DCks again????
2-5 year olds.

2 year old-about every other day

3 year old-alternate days of who sleeps it seems

4 year olds-one will, one won't

5 year old-loves their daily nap.

The one 4 year just stopped this week because parents told them if they stay dry they can wear underwear during nap. Child takes that to mean-I need to stay up so I can go to the bathroom several times during nap.
My3cents 03:03 PM 09-26-2012
2-5 year olds.

The one 4 year just stopped this week because parents told them if they stay dry they can wear underwear during nap. Child takes that to mean-I need to stay up so I can go to the bathroom several times during nap.
Are these all full timers, five days a week? Just keep being consistent and if you can change things around so that the non nappers are together. Sit next to the non nappers in a chair to stop the playing around or chit chat. Change things up, put a different soft music on or no music. white noise.

Best-
Country Kids 03:08 PM 09-26-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
Are these all full timers, five days a week? Just keep being consistent and if you can change things around so that the non nappers are together. Sit next to the non nappers in a chair to stop the playing around or chit chat. Change things up, put a different soft music on or no music. white noise.

Best-
I put up curtains every day, I do all types of calming music and even turn down the lights when we are eating just do start calming ourselves.

I can only sit by one of them at a time though. Whoever is the most challenging of the day is right by me. Some days its someone different or some weeks its the same person.

It seems like in the fall I have noticed the last three years that they all stop napping. Last year it was like for 2 months! I was not a happy camper by the end of the day.

Thats why this year if it keeps up we may just end up playing outside (the ones who decide they have to much energy to lay still and sleep).
daycare 03:08 PM 09-26-2012
2-5 year olds.

I can see the 4-5 year old not napping and I think that they might be some of your problem.

I am going to do whatever I can to see to it that your kids nap....lol

Can you move the 4-5 year old and have them lay separate to the rest of the group? I would put them in one area and the LO in another. I would tell the 4-5year old that it is nap time and that they need to close their eyes and go to sleep. end of converataion

I would then go and sit in the room with the others with some soft music on until everyone was passed out.

I have never had a day where the kids did not nap. But I run these guys into the ground daily with my program that they are beggin for a nap. Even all 3 of my 4 yr olds.....
Reply Up