Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Concussions...
lflick 01:12 PM 06-04-2013
With all the recent talk and discussion about head injuries I am curious if any of you have implemented anything new into your policies... we all know kids are accident prone.. Has all of this talk raised the bar per say as to how you handle the run of the mill bump on the head?
youretooloud 02:45 PM 06-04-2013
Nope. I still expect parents to use common sense, and I will too.

I've only had one child hurt her head in my care though, and that was 25 years ago, but, I doubt I would handle it any differently.
Unregistered 04:10 PM 06-04-2013
There were times a kid would run into a wall and I wouldn't catch it and he'd have a small bump. I didn't report EVERY single bump/scrape. But then again, things are much different than 10 years ago too, so to be safe, you might log it.

For serious head injuries (where a kid falls on their face or something) that I'd probably send an injury report with signs/symptoms to 'watch' for.

That's what our kids' schools do.
AmyKidsCo 06:21 PM 06-04-2013
We have to log every injury that requires treatment, and I also document any bumps to the head. My Injury Reports are carbon copies and signed by the parents so I have proof that I informed them of the injury. CYA...
Reply Up