Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare owner Resume Wording
Sprouts 07:41 PM 06-20-2013
Okay, So I am updating my resume (i would like to work part time in a Montessori school, 2 days, to complete my hours for my training)

I just need help with my job description as a daycare owner/provider...check out below, let me know if you would change anything....

XXXXXXXXX DAYCARE & PRE-SCHOOL
Proprietor- Main Provider/Owner

Provide a safe and nurturing environment for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years
Plan and carry out age appropriate activities for a group of children
Prepare breakfast, lunch and snacks
Maintain professional and cordial relationships with parents
Interact with families in a positive manner as well as provide helpful parenting information for parents
Hire, train and supervise staff
Created parent and employee handbooks as well as implement policies that kept business running smoothly
Follow all of the policies and guidelines for OCFS licensing requirements and received outstanding inspections and evaluations
Handle business accounting; payroll, taxes and bookkeeping.

Sprouts 12:08 PM 06-21-2013
just bumping this to see if anyone has any ideas!!
preschoolteacher 12:51 PM 06-21-2013
A few questions... how many children are in your group? An approximate number would be okay.
Starburst 01:43 PM 06-21-2013
My only real criticism is when writing a resume I like to keep it present tense (especially if you are still working in that job). EX: If I was telling someone about when I worked at Michael's I would say: "my duties included: Cleaning the restrooms, recovering front end area, providing excellent customer service, sorting go-backs, and checking out purchased merchandise." It's more about talking about your skills that you are still capable of rather than just your past accomplishments. Also make sure to put any other skills, education, or certification/training you have had (CPR/First aid, classes, spreadsheet, typing).

XXXXXXXXX DAYCARE & PRE-SCHOOL
Proprietor- Main Provider/Owner
Head infant/toddler/preschool/after school teacher; Prekindergarten teacher, large/small family child care provider, small private business older (not all of those together just examples for thoughts on other titles you could use as well)

Providing a safe, clean, and nurturing environment for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years
* As PP mentioned I would include the largest amount of children you have regularly or the max of children you can have
-Instead Providing a safe, clean, and nurturing environment for a group of up to X children ranging from ages 6 weeks to 12 years

Plan and carry out age appropriate activities for a group of children
-Instead Creating, preparing, and guiding in age appropriate curriculum for group and individual activities

Prepare breakfast, lunch and snacks
-Instead Preparing healthy and nutritious breakfasts, lunches and snacks for a group of children

Maintain a professional and cordial relationships with parents
-Instead Maintaining professional, yet warm, relationships with daycare families

Interact with families in a positive manner as well as provide helpful parenting information for parents
-Instead Maintaining an open door communication policy with child care clients and employees
Providing helpful break-through child related and education related information for parents

Hire, train and supervise staff
--Instead Hiring, training, and supervising child care staff

Created parent and employee handbooks as well as implement policies that kept business running smoothly
-Instead Developing a policy code of conduct handbook for both clients and employees

Following and enforcing all of the policies and guidelines for OCFS licensing requirements and receiving outstanding scores duringinspections and evaluations

Handling business accounting: budgeting home and business expenses, keeping private files, setting up payroll, preparing taxes and bookkeeping.

I would also add (just examples if you do any of the following):
Advertising benefits of child care program for prospective families in need of child care
Coordinating and leading special events such as parties, field trips, and other group outings (if you do things like that, just an example)
Transporting school age children too and from school (if you do before/after school care and transport)
Researching latest child care and education related techniques for teachers
Purchasing both age appropriate and developmentally appropriate toys, play equipment, and teaching tools
Sprouts 03:19 PM 06-21-2013
Great! Thanks!
I have a group family, so I can have up to 12 under 5 and 4 school age
dionmartin216 06:53 AM 10-28-2015
Hi Everyone. it's been a while since I last been on this site. Me and my sister have closed our daycare down. I wish everyone well with their's.

Take care and Godspeed!
Tags:resume
Reply Up