Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What do parents think sometimes?
TheGoodLife 11:38 AM 01-08-2015
So I have a family of teachers who are obviously looking for daycare since my last day is the 30th. They live 30 mins away from me, and DCM works in that area. Dad works across the street from me. They want M-F 7:45-1, and since she's pregnant and due in March, they need summers off unpaid and next year would change to 2 full days a week. I told her, before I announced my closing, that I don't take babies and even if I did, I couldn't afford to do 2 PTers for 2 days a week (I am exempt and only take 3 total a day- not going to take that loss!). So finding someone who will take teachers, give unpaid vacations while holding spots, hold an infant spot unpaid until August, AND will take a 2 year old and a 5 month old two days a week while giving teacher rates... gonna be kinda difficult! BUT when I told her I have someone that would do so out by her, she told me they want to look for someone out in this area!
OK lady, you are the one who didn't even interview me until less than 2 weeks before school started and were lucky I chose you- if not, you had no one else in mind Very nice people both of them, but SO clueless about daycare. The DCB is beyond immature and I would hate to see how he reacts when the baby comes- he is used to being very babied and has not adjusted to daycare at all. At 22 months he doesn't talk at all (just signs at home), usually just stands or sits in one place and cries often, rarely will sit next to another child and do parallel play... he is not going to enjoy being a big brother, and being in daycare 2 days a week I imagine will be just awful for him Well, not my concern after the next 3 weeks, but I sure hope DCM doesn't hem haw with trying to find a provider! I won't be available after the 30th, I'm enjoying a week or 2 with my girls before the baby arrives
KIDZRMYBIZ 12:13 PM 01-08-2015
I'd be surprised if they ever found anyone around here doing in-home daycare that could take 2 kids, one an infant no less, and take that big of an income loss with only 2 days per week and 12-weeks unpaid.

That poor big brother will probably never adjust to a group care setting with such sporadic attendance, and baby will likely be the same. After a seasonal break, it would be especially horrific. The child you described sounds so over-whelmed, it is so sad, and will likely never improve. I pity the next provider.

It's too bad they don't find a great college kid or young mother to come to their house two days a week. That would be ideal for their children.
Reply Up