Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can You Listen To Me Complain For A Minute?
crazydaycarelady 08:39 AM 10-19-2012
I had a couple of situastions this week that are bugging me. Do peope have NO common sense anymore?

First one was the least bothersome of the two. Dcm comes to pick up dcb and brings someone in with her who I have never seen before. She does not bother to introduce us. Of course 2yo dcb sees the situation for what it is and proceeds to take off upstairs (my dc is downstairs) and roam all over. The stranger follows him and is roaming around my upstairs. The next day I asked who it was and found out it was dcbs aunt, but who does that?

Second situation. Either dcb (who dcm has no control over dcb) lets my dog out. Then after she leaves texts me to tell me the dog is out. My dog chases cars and is now on the loose and I am INSIDE with 7 kids. What am I suppose to do? Who lets someones dog out and then just leaves?

Sometimes I absolutely detest these people. If I could have a drive-thru window for drop-offs and pick-ups I would do it in heartbeat!
sahm2three 08:55 AM 10-19-2012
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I had a couple of situastions this week that are bugging me. Do peope have NO common sense anymore?

First one was the least bothersome of the two. Dcm comes to pick up dcb and brings someone in with her who I have never seen before. She does not bother to introduce us. Of course 2yo dcb sees the situation for what it is and proceeds to take off upstairs (my dc is downstairs) and roam all over. The stranger follows him and is roaming around my upstairs. The next day I asked who it was and found out it was dcbs aunt, but who does that?

Second situation. Either dcb (who dcm has no control over dcb) lets my dog out. Then after she leaves texts me to tell me the dog is out. My dog chases cars and is now on the loose and I am INSIDE with 7 kids. What am I suppose to do? Who lets someones dog out and then just leaves?

Sometimes I absolutely detest these people. If I could have a drive-thru window for drop-offs and pick-ups I would do it in heartbeat!
OMG, you made me LOL! I have joked with my husband that I wanted him to build me one of those suction things like banks have to send your deposit or whatever in to them from the drive thru, you know what I mean? Wouldn't that make life so much easier?! LOL!
mom2many 10:18 AM 10-19-2012
Some people can be so clueless! I always wonder how they can behave like this and think it's okay!
Lyss 10:20 AM 10-19-2012

I would be LIVID if a DCP let my dog out, said nothing, and just left knowing that my dog was running amok! How rude!

A drive thru would be awesome!
harperluu 10:31 AM 10-19-2012

I've used goodbye outside for dck that have difficulty with the transition from my care to their parents care at the end of the day. Maybe these parents need some goodbye outside. Ugh!
littlemissmuffet 10:32 AM 10-19-2012
LOL, my hubs and I also always joke about putting a large doggie door in the center of our front door so parents can just pass the child through - if there's anything I need to know, tape a note to their shirt

Now, seriously... the first situation, I would have said right then and there "Um, pardon me, I don't know who you are, you are not allowed in the private area of my home. Please come back downstairs." And I would have gone to get the child myself.

I realize, however, you were probably so thrown off by the whole thing you didn't know what to say. So I would now send an email to DCM...

"Dear DCM,

I just want to remind you that my house is my home before it is anyone's daycare and I do not appreciate anyone other than immediate family going into the private areas of my home. You will find this a common practice in most in-home childcares.

Also, I would very much appreciate if you would introduce me to your company next time someone accompanies you to pick up DCB.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in these matters.

-Daycare"

Next email would be in regards to the parent who let your dog out...

"Dear Parent,

I just wanted to touch base with you on the situation that occured yesterday when DCB let my dog out. I appreciate that you informed me the dog had gone out via text, but the reality is, he's not to be outside unless a family member is out with him - it's just too dangerous. Next time, please be more careful to not allow DCB to let dog out! If it does happen, I ask that you bring the dog back inside to me, or that you let me know face-to-face so I can go get him quickly while there is an adult still present in the home (her). I'm sure you understand.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

-Daycare"
e.j. 10:45 AM 10-19-2012

Unfortunately, I think there are more people who do that than I'd like to think about! I had enough parents trying to get a peek at the upstairs of my home that I finally addressed it in my parent handbook. I explain that I chose not to license the rooms upstairs for two reasons: my family's privacy and safety concerns for the children in my care - I need to see/hear them at all times and I don't want them to fall down the stairs. I'm amazed at how many parents still attempt to let their kids climb up those stairs! (I do have my hallway to the stairs gated off but the parents/kids sometimes take a detour as they are leaving.

I also had the grandmother of some of my kids come in one afternoon with a friend of hers. She wanted to show this friend - a total stranger to me - around "the day care". When I explained that I wasn't comfortable with that, saying we had been very busy and the house looked like a disaster that afternnoon, she pushed past me saying, "Oh, don't worry! She grew up with 7 kids in her family. She understands!"

That would make me angry, too. My dd wants a cat and this is one of the reasons I don't want to have a pet that isn't in a cage. I'd always worry that it could get out while dc parents were coming and going.
Sunchimes 12:10 PM 10-19-2012
I'm sorry you are going through this, but now, I'm worried about your dog? Did he come home safely?
crazydaycarelady 01:09 PM 10-19-2012
Yes, after everyone finally left I went out to get into the car to go looking for him and he came running. He loves car rides!
Attached: WP_000700.jpg (89.9 KB) 
Reply Up