Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>7 Month Old "Hold Me" Baby
sahm2three 08:11 AM 10-30-2012
I keep getting plagued with these kids. Probably because word is out that I keep all the kids, even the hard ones. Ugh. This little guy (and I use little, but he is HUGE!! He is 7 months and over 25 pounds!!) is crying if he is awake and I am not holding him. And when I say holding him, I mean up walking and holding him. He refuses to eat in a high chair, won't take his bottle unless I am walking with him. Just a totally miserable child! He now is beginning to not sleep. He slept for about 20 minutes this morning, and is now screaming because I refuse to hold him any more. I put him in his pnp and shut the door, because frankly, I NEED a break from him! I dont' know what to do because the mom thinks he is wonderful and perfect and does not have any issues with him at home. I know this is BS because I know a good friend of hers and she says he is exactly this same way at home. DCM doesn't want to hear that he is anything but perfect. He is a sweet baby, just either something wrong or is EXTREMELY spoiled. Regardless, I am going to start advertising the spot and then let them go. I don't know what else to do. And I have learned from past kids, that they can't usually be "fixed". Some kids are just not cut out for daycare. This kid needs a body builder nanny that is willing to cart him around all day long. So hoping I find a replacement and FAST! I know I am going to have issues when I let them go, so how would you go about it? Like I said, she doesn't want to hear anything but that he is perfect.
SunshineMama 09:05 AM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
I keep getting plagued with these kids. Probably because word is out that I keep all the kids, even the hard ones. Ugh. This little guy (and I use little, but he is HUGE!! He is 7 months and over 25 pounds!!) is crying if he is awake and I am not holding him. And when I say holding him, I mean up walking and holding him. He refuses to eat in a high chair, won't take his bottle unless I am walking with him. Just a totally miserable child! He now is beginning to not sleep. He slept for about 20 minutes this morning, and is now screaming because I refuse to hold him any more. I put him in his pnp and shut the door, because frankly, I NEED a break from him! I dont' know what to do because the mom thinks he is wonderful and perfect and does not have any issues with him at home. I know this is BS because I know a good friend of hers and she says he is exactly this same way at home. DCM doesn't want to hear that he is anything but perfect. He is a sweet baby, just either something wrong or is EXTREMELY spoiled. Regardless, I am going to start advertising the spot and then let them go. I don't know what else to do. And I have learned from past kids, that they can't usually be "fixed". Some kids are just not cut out for daycare. This kid needs a body builder nanny that is willing to cart him around all day long. So hoping I find a replacement and FAST! I know I am going to have issues when I let them go, so how would you go about it? Like I said, she doesn't want to hear anything but that he is perfect.
Been there and termed. Not much else you can do unless you want to put up with that for the next few months.

On a side note however, when I was on maternity leave with my 2nd daughter, she was the perfect child. Never cried, didnt have to be held all the time, and easy as pie. I went back to work and my provider went through the same thing as you. As a parent (who at the time had never been a provider), I thought the provider was not great. In hindsight, my dd was just perfect for me. My best friend's 6 month old is the same. a perfect angel and easy- but as soon as mom leaves, she wants to be held all the time.
e.j. 12:07 PM 10-30-2012
Unfortunately, I have no advice but I do empathize with you. I have a 7 1/2 mo old baby who does the same thing. Her mother wears her and sleeps with her at night. On a good day, she sleeps maybe 10-15 minutes. She's also a very big baby and wants to be held constantly. At first she had to be held and walked; now I can at least sit down with her for a bit. By the time the weekend hits, my neck, shoulders and arms ache from carrying this child. I can't wait for her to grow out of this stage.
Reply Up