Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can I Let My DD....
CrackerJacks 08:14 AM 05-23-2013
In CA we have to always be able to see all our dck, but what about our own kids. Can I let my 7yo dd go to her room by herself? Her room is on the other side of the house and upstairs. I give her a two way radio so we can talk. Just wondering if licensing came if they would say something about this...
Crystal 08:19 AM 05-23-2013
Your daughter can be anywhere in the home.

FTI....it's sight or sound. You do not have to be able to see all of the children all of the time.
crazydaycarelady 08:19 AM 05-23-2013
Personally I think you can do whatever you want with your own kid in her own home.
CrackerJacks 10:15 AM 05-23-2013
Thank you
rmc20021 10:29 AM 05-23-2013
I would hope not...I have custody of my two grandkids and I allow my 10 yo granddaughter to go anywhere, even off the grounds, the same as she would if there were no dck's present.

I don't think it would be fair to her to have to stay stuck in the group of mostly preschoolers. Even if she were younger I'd allow her to go to her room, outside, etc by herself.

It's bad enough I have to have her do the same schedule as daycare and eat the same foods...I refuse to make her stay confined to daycare areas.
sharlan 10:46 AM 05-23-2013
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Your daughter can be anywhere in the home.

FTI....it's sight or sound. You do not have to be able to see all of the children all of the time.
I agree with Crystal.

I let my eldest grandson go upstairs to his bedroom to play. The upstairs is off-limits to everyone else (even his cousin).
Cradle2crayons 10:55 AM 05-23-2013
My daughter and son both do what they would normally do. They go on nature trails behind the house, to their room, etc. just as if the other kids weren't here. They don't advertise it to the other kids, but they do.

If it were a rule that my 10 year old had to stay in my sight, we'd all be mentally committed haha
Reply Up