Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Well, They Have Done It Now.........
mrsp'slilpeeps 12:07 PM 05-24-2013
All the DCK's behavior has been so horrible today that they got every single toy put away and now they get to sit at individual tables and draw on magnadoodles until home time.

Im so beyond tired of crappy attitudes, disrespect, mistreatment of my stuff and downright mean behavior to each other.

Im done, we'll try next week.

Anyone else had to do this?
Heidi 12:08 PM 05-24-2013
no, but I can see how one would be tempted!

I recommend you start drinking when they walk out the door, and don't stop until Monday.
hope 12:34 PM 05-24-2013
I have had my whole group sit on the floor at seperate stations because they all decided to jump on the sofa. They never tried again. Good luck next week!
WImom 01:07 PM 05-24-2013
Today was that kind of day! Actually this whole week! I feel for you!
MCC 01:14 PM 05-24-2013
Mine are particularly grumpy today as well!
Good luck next week!
spud912 01:56 PM 05-24-2013
Yeah it's been an off week here too. Is it the full moon or something?
williams2008 03:17 PM 05-24-2013
Yes, our outside time was cut short today! I'm so glad this day is almost over!
BumbleBee 03:19 PM 05-24-2013
It was the week from h*ll here too!

I soooo hope next week is better!!!
Hunni Bee 03:35 PM 05-24-2013
Me too...ugh. I don't think they've ever been this bad...
Leigh 03:49 PM 05-24-2013
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
All the DCK's behavior has been so horrible today that they got every single toy put away and now they get to sit at individual tables and draw on magnadoodles until home time.

Im so beyond tired of crappy attitudes, disrespect, mistreatment of my stuff and downright mean behavior to each other.

Im done, we'll try next week.

Anyone else had to do this?

Sorry to sound hateful, but I needed to hear that I wasn't the only one who went through that today! Did the parents tell the kids there was a 3-day weekend to look forward to? I'm so glad my kids are gone 'til Tuesday!
CedarCreek 03:51 PM 05-24-2013
Something must be going around, this week was really hard for me personally and dck wise. Please let next week be better!!
TheGoodLife 08:41 PM 05-24-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
no, but I can see how one would be tempted!

I recommend you start drinking when they walk out the door, and don't stop until Monday.

Sunshine74 11:45 PM 05-24-2013
I hear you. We've been stuck inside the past two days (except yesterday afternoon) because of the cold, rainy weather.
choirlady76 01:22 AM 05-25-2013
Oh yes at times on an almost daily basis! I work in a preschool/daycare center in a community that has a lot of poverty, crime etc. and our students come from poverty, abusive environments etc. and when I first started I was with the twos and have dealt with behavior issues on a daily basis almos, I've been kicked, hit, bit, pinched, cursed at, you name it. Despite all of this we keep pouring our hearts out, but there are days where I've had enough and the kids are just wild, disrespectful etc. I've had to put the whole group down and have them read books or work on an art project and have quite a talk with them. I really try my best to help these kids no matter how tough it gets and just hope somehow I can make a positive difference in their lives!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 03:44 AM 05-25-2013
I left one little girl who refused to put on her sweater, and it was cold enough she needed it!, at the house when we went for a walk. That is the perk of my dd being home from college. She is willing to keep the screaming kid! She is elem Ed major and already certified to run a preschool! So she is well equipped for these senerios. I just knew this little one would make the walk miserable for the rest of us! She did get a couple of hours outside later so no, I didn't deprive her of outside time. But I did love the, no you can't leave me!! I will put on my sweater! Don't leave me!! As we left because yes I could leave her.
rmc20021 04:51 AM 05-25-2013
Originally Posted by spud912:
Yeah it's been an off week here too. Is it the full moon or something?
Yup there's a full moon...and the kid's behaviors proved it. Mine was horrible also and I had to keep mine separated into centers as well
Cradle2crayons 09:45 AM 05-25-2013
Gosh (knock on wood) my kids have all been awesome this week. I rarely have issues. It was my sibling groups last week and week after next starts my new sibling group of three....

And my new afternoon kids will be starting....

It was a great week here...
e.j. 11:22 AM 05-25-2013
For me, it was the parents acting up rather than the kids. Couldn't wait for this weekend to come. Hopefully, things will be back to normal by Tuesday!
Reply Up