Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Closing the Daycare
TheGoodLife 04:26 PM 01-04-2015
Giving my 4 week notice to close my daycare tomorrow at pick-up- nervous to do it, but so excited to be done! Will have about a week and a half after closing before my induction, so planning on getting out with my 3 girls (5, almost 4, and 2-1/2) and enjoy DOING things out of the house before the newest princess arrives Bounce House, library, children's museum, maybe the zoo... ahhhh, can't wait!!! Plus most of us being sick for over 2 weeks is a great sign that I don't want daycare anymore in the house. I just hope I don't get any guilt or awkward conversations- 2 of my families have only been here 5 months (one is expecting a month after me and is a teacher so only needs care until May) and the other has been here a year. Wish me luck!
Unregistered 04:42 PM 01-04-2015
I'm sooooo jealous that you'll have four little girls! I have two and have always wanted more. We ladies have such a good time (when we're clear of hormones). Really good things to come! Good luck and congratulations!!!!
Michael 06:09 PM 01-04-2015
Congratulations and enjoy the time with your children.
mountainside13 06:54 AM 01-05-2015
Congrats! Enjoy your babies!
KIDZRMYBIZ 01:35 PM 01-05-2015
Aww, sad to see you're getting out of the business, but happy for you, too! Best of luck to you in everything!
TheGoodLife 03:23 PM 01-05-2015
Thanks! Two down, one more notice to go- DCM had the grandma pick up and I wanted to chicken out and give it to her but decided to wait until drop off tomorrow to give it to DCM directly, so I'll do it tomorrow. One was surprised but said she was moving at the end of the month and was looking for care already, one was surprised and asked for referrals (she is a teacher who waited until 2 weeks before school started to even look for care this summer- she may be in trouble, which is one reason I gave 4 weeks instead of my required 2) and I'm not worried about my last one tomorrow. I've been feeling under-appreciated so this is perfect timing for me. Plus the newest princess will be here before we know it and I'm SO looking forward to being a SAHM for a few months before I start working again PT (I currently serve at a restaurant on-call so I'm hoping to get back on the regular rotation)

I am SO thankful for this forum- you wonderful ladies helped me learn so much before I ever opened and I your guidance for my strong contract and policies upfront and know I had good parents because of it!
lovemykidstoo 03:38 PM 01-05-2015
I can feel the excitement in your posts!! Congratulations and I wish you all the best. Enjoy your children!!!
fitsoflaughter 10:54 AM 01-07-2015
I completely understand what you are going through! Due to health concerns I started shutting down at six months. I kept one until the very end because she was easy and my sons best friend. they are even three weeks apart in age. It was very stressful to me to tell all my parents about it, but I did find that everyone understood and only one parent was upset. Hes had issues with other centers because of his sons behavior and I guess he thrived best with me. I was so relieved to have those last couple weeks to just be pregnant and miserable with my own two boys. I have recently returned to child care, which was not the original plan. Ive got to spend the first 8 months with my baby girl and my boys adjusting. I am glad to be doing it again tho! Congrats and enjoy your babies!!
Tags:closing daycare
Reply Up