Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Complaints Filed - How Do I Find Out?
Unregistered 12:50 PM 03-27-2008
Hi - I am a new mother and have my daughter in a daycare center. How can you find out if there are complaints filed against daycare center? I live in New Jersey. If you file a complaint against the center do you have to give them your name and in return the center is aware it was you who complained?
Michael 08:57 AM 03-28-2008
Contact your State's Licensing Agency:

Child Care Licensing Agency
(Refers family child care calls to counties)
New Jersey Department of Human Services
P.O. Box 707
Trenton, NJ 08625-0707
Phone: (609) 987-2022 (North); (609) 987-2016 (South)
Toll Free: (877) 667-9845
Fax: (609) 987-2086

Unregistered 10:09 AM 04-09-2008
You can also contact your local sheriffs office.. I have just recently moved and had to put my 7 month old daughter in a new day care.. I had many people say this day care was good and safe.. they were very wrong.. my 7 month old daughter was sent home with the wrong family.. and I wasn't notified until the next business day.. after talking to the sheriffs office and cps they informed me that other complains had been filed.. and i highly recomend checking the local sheriffs office and cps office as well as lisencing... they should all have the same info but just incase one doesn't. you will know what is going on at the daycare... and trust your gut feeling us moms have an instinct and i should of used it when I left my daughter there and didn't I just trusted hear say...

good luck and hope you find a safe daycare
Unregistered 04:14 AM 04-30-2008
How can I find out if a daycare has previous reports filed by parents in queens, new york?
Unregistered 07:30 AM 05-06-2008
ONE OF THE BEST DAY CARES IN QUEENS

Tutor Time 718-352-8971
6158 Springfield Blvd, Bayside, NY 11364
Michael 12:42 PM 05-06-2008
You simply need to contact your state's licensing agency. That is the department where complaints are filed. You can find your state's contact numbers at:

https://www.daycare.com/states.html
Unregistered 01:42 PM 12-12-2008
does anyone know how i find complaints on a daycare in florida
prettyshy110525 05:35 PM 12-15-2008
Hi
I'm a mom of 3 girls, one is in school age 7 and the others are 2 in a half and 1.
I'm trying to find a day care that will take both the two babies together butI keep seeing starting at 2. I live in Rosedale 11422 area code please help me. Plus I'm about to have a new born so to have all 3 together would be great .
Ms.Sue 06:19 PM 12-15-2008
How in the world did someone take your child?? Like they didn't know??
Unregistered 07:17 PM 12-15-2008
Hi,
I believe it would be kept private in any state to file a complaint.
Not all complaints are legitimate. I see many disgruntled parents that make false complaints (often due to misunderstandings or disagreements in regards to not remembering what the contract and policies are about or abusing them, money owed, etc...).

I have only had 2 complaints. One parent 2 years ago, b/c I didn't keep her 3 kids with lice. I was going to wash their hair with Tea Tree oil (natural and gets rid of lice), that I bought. She said I could only use regular shampoo, I said no, she got furious, left and filed complaints. My parents of many years (5 parents) backed me up and said she was a problem parent (she was lying) and the complaints are in my file permanently, for everybody to read. 7 years ago, I had a young mom who kept messing up, not showing up, being late, etc... (her dad told me to terminate and that she would have to learn the hard way). After many months I terminated and she filed a complaint that I left her 2 year old outside unattended. I know which parents filed these complaints b/c all my other parents have been here for years. They are deciding if someday there will be a time limit for complaints to be public. So, you need to talk to references.

The # one recomendation is get REFERENCES! REFERENCES! REFERENCES!

If an in home provider has many references (good of course) and has been in business for years in comparison to the amount of complaints, has an interview (with children in care to be observed - which might have to be done on a second interview) and you walk away feeling comfortable with them (interacting with children, space to run daycare, cleanliness, choking / chemical hazzards, etc...) that is in my opinion one of the safest ways to find a quality provider.

Don't feel embarrassed to ask to see their bathroom (cleanliness, razors, shampoos), cleaning chemicals, animals, sleeping areas, etc...
I have a 170 lb dog, great with children, a good dog. He loves the parents and children, they never see him without a toy in his mouth, he is a giant baby. I don't leave him alone with children only for this reason.... I would not want my child in a daycare with someones dog, even if they assured me it was great with children. Since I wouldn't feel comfortable, I don't do it out of respect for the parents. A child might also hurt my dog

In our state we must keep ALL chemicals (shampoo, cleaning, toothpaste, everything) above counter level. Nothing can be counter level or lower (not even locked up).

Look all around, what is in a childs reach, do they have access to a stool / chair to gain access to unsafe things. VERY important, what about guns, weapons, tools, kitchen knives, etc...

My son left a little screen tool (that you use to push the screen cord into the hole around to keep the screen tight) in a drawer (it looks like a pizza cutter - except it is not thin to cut with like a pizza cutter, it is thick wide, very blunt, no sharpness on it and I got written up for tools/sharp objects in their reach). If you saw it, you would see, it is very blunt and wide, you can run it across baby skin all day and do no damage.

I had a dayacre network, helping parents and providers hook up and find good daycare, answer questions and feel at ease to leave their children - I hate for parents to feel that way. I think if a parent makes sure a provider is licensed, checks out the things I listed above, goes with their gut feeling, drops in unexpectedly, you can feel safe enough to relax and focus on your job.

Remember, REFERENCES! : )

Merry Christmas
Unregistered 05:13 PM 12-21-2008
Hi I put my child into a daycare in north carolina and my child has been very sick with a cold that she got from daycare. I took her to the doctor twice because it wouldn't get any better. My childs temperature stayed at 104 so I took her to a hospital that was 3 counties away from me. It was worth it. My child had a UTI. I never thought my 2 year old could get something like that. It was because of the nasty lady there that had no education in child care did not know how to wipe my child. Mothers be careful!!! I feel so hurt as I watched my child be in pain and get stick with needles and a iv. The bacteria my child had in her was a level 4.
NEDaycare 11:10 AM 12-30-2008
Thanks for asking that question. I wondered IMMEDIATELY about the validity of a child being "sent home with" the wrong family. That's just not even reasonable. Someone would have noticed. C'mon now!

Originally Posted by Ms.Sue:
How in the world did someone take your child?? Like they didn't know??

Unregistered 09:54 PM 12-30-2008
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hi I put my child into a daycare in north carolina and my child has been very sick with a cold that she got from daycare. I took her to the doctor twice because it wouldn't get any better. My childs temperature stayed at 104 so I took her to a hospital that was 3 counties away from me. It was worth it. My child had a UTI. I never thought my 2 year old could get something like that. It was because of the nasty lady there that had no education in child care did not know how to wipe my child. Mothers be careful!!! I feel so hurt as I watched my child be in pain and get stick with needles and a iv. The bacteria my child had in her was a level 4.
It is very typical for children to get sick when starting a new daycare, espcially within the first 2 weeks of attending a new daycare. This goes for care givers also.
Unregistered 06:00 PM 02-03-2009
How do I find out if any complaints on a daycare in Maine?

thanks
Michael 12:48 AM 02-04-2009
Suggest you contact your states licensing agency:

Maine Department of Health and Human Services
Child Care Licensing Unit
41 Anthony Avenue, Station 11
Augusta, ME 04333
Phone: (207) 287-9300
Fax: (207) 287-9257

https://www.daycare.com/states.html
seashell 11:01 AM 04-28-2009
You can also contact your local sheriffs office.. I have just recently moved and had to put my 7 month old daughter in a new day care.. I had many people say this day care was good and safe.. they were very wrong.. my 7 month old daughter was sent home with the wrong family.. and I wasn't notified until the next business day.. after talking to the sheriffs office and cps they informed me that other complains had been filed.. and i highly recomend checking the local sheriffs office and cps office as well as lisencing... they should all have the same info but just incase one doesn't. you will know what is going on at the daycare... and trust your gut feeling us moms have an instinct and i should of used it when I left my daughter there and didn't I just trusted hear say...

Someone took your child home? Who had their baby? You didn't find out till the next day? Why didn't you pick you child up at the end of the day? Or did you take the other couples baby home? Baby swapping! A new reality TV series coming this Fall on Fox!!!
Former Teacher 06:05 PM 05-01-2009
You never said from what state you were from but I can speak from experience on Texas Licensing. No matter how anonymous the hot lines say they are, they are NOT. I was at my daycare for almost 20 years and every single complaint (not that there were many!) but every single one we ALWAYS knew who it was from. Whether state licensing came out directly or skited around the issue, we always knew who said what.

So if ever you do for future reference want to file a complaint and you do not want it to be known, I have a few suggestions. 1. Block your number before you call. And 2. Be very firm and do not give out your name or any personal information.

P.S. I have absolutely NO respect for Licensing. I think they are a bunch of hypocrites. I could write a book just on the representatives I have faced. That is one of the minor reasons why I am glad that part of my life is over
Unregistered 10:15 PM 05-04-2009
Hi I would have to say that the daycare I have my children in is horrible because they have us supply diapers and formula for our children but half the time they use our supplies for the other children. For example: We sent a full can of formula in with our daughter who is 3 months old and in one day the can is almost gone. The diapers that we buy for our son aren't only being used on him but all the kids in the day care. Plus they misplace the diapers that we send in with him. The manager of the facility has a very harsh angry tone with the children and mind you they are anywhere from 1 year to 4. How do I get info on more complaints on a specific day care in mesa, AZ.
Morgan 05:42 PM 05-27-2009
I had my 3 year old twins at an in-home daycare in Hermitage PA... all was fine until yesterday when I arrived to pick them up...they went with their provider to run an errand (which was ok with me) When they did arrive, I went to get my son out of the car when I discovered he was NOT EVEN IN A CAR SEAT... or booster seat for that matter... he was LITERALLY belted in only with the LAPBELT....the shoulder belt didn't even fit over him since HE IS STILL NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR THE NEXT STAGE BOOSTER SEAT. And to add to this all, my daughter was in the next stage booster seat and she is smaller than him. Needless to say, they will never step foot in her house again. She is a coward and I will not rest until every single person knows about this woman.

Today, I was told some man at the Regional Office of Child Development that they will send someone over to investigate and if she does not admit to this and/or they do not see her do it, then nothing will ever come of this.

Why isn't there something parents can do about child neglet / abuse / endangerment in the daycare system or with the child care provider?? I absolutely will not stand for what she did! What all can be done in this situation?
mac60 08:57 AM 05-28-2009

You parents always amaze me. Always blaming the dc on your childs sickness. Hmm, moms who work in schools, banks, hospitals and medical clinics couldn't possibly bring home any illnesses to their child now could they? As a provider, is it so damn frustrating when I hear parents say this. It is utterly rediculous.

Funny story....I had a parent like you once, always blaming dc on her kids sickness....I saw them at Walmart, and their 4 year old was sucking on the handle of the cart....Yes, sucking on the handle of the cart.....think she might of gotten a few germs in her mouth from doing that? Heck yea. But then for parents......it is much easier to blame it on the dc. So sad and shows how "smart" many parents arn't.
Former Teacher 11:15 AM 05-28-2009
[quote=mac60;11977]You parents always amaze me. Always blaming the dc on your childs sickness. Hmm, moms who work in schools, banks, hospitals and medical clinics couldn't possibly bring home any illnesses to their child now could they? As a provider, is it so damn frustrating when I hear parents say this. It is utterly rediculous.

Funny story....I had a parent like you once, always blaming dc on her kids sickness....I saw them at Walmart, and their 4 year old was sucking on the handle of the cart....Yes, sucking on the handle of the cart.....think she might of gotten a few germs in her mouth from doing that? Heck yea. But then for parents......it is much easier to blame it on the dc. So sad and shows how "smart" many parents arn't.[/QUOTE

My former center had a family that our director favored. They were a very good family but the director literally spoiled them. The parents got discounts, if they were late picking up the kids there were no late fees, lunch was always waiting when they off the bus after summer school (when other parents had to bring their children lunches), things like that.

Anyway, this family was a church going family. They were constantly going on church functions etc. Well the older daughter kept on getting head lice. Of course she HAD to get it from the daycare. Nowhere else she could have gotten it from. Her best friend at the time, I will name Kate, wasn't the cleanest child but she was the sweetest. Of course, I will call her Samantha, got it from Kate, since she wasn't "bathed" that often. Mind you, this was the DIRECTOR/OWNER that was saying all this!

It seemed that every time Samantha got the head lice, Kate did too. Well, Samantha's mother was getting mad. That of course was making our director mad because she would not stand for her favorite family to be upset! She asked Kate and her family to leave due to "excessive lice issues involving all the children" Well sure enough, everything was fine until the next batch came along after Kate was gone. Of course our director couldn't believe it. I said, "well we can't blame Kate, who else is it" The director was stunned. Long story short, it turned out there was a family at the church that had it and they weren't treating it properly.
mac60 01:27 PM 05-28-2009
And then you have parents that call and say that child #1 is sick throwing up, but I am bringing child #2 to dc....hmm, why not keep them both home. Parents have an extremely hard time handling situations that we are expected to handle on a daily basis.
Unregistered 09:13 AM 06-01-2009
Sorry to break this to you, but it's a KNOWN, SCIENTIFIC FACT that kids in daycare get sick much more often and with more virulent strains than children that are not in daycare. Even at doctors appointments, they will tell you that a child in daycare has an extra risk factor of more sickness.
GretasLittleFriends 07:50 AM 06-02-2009
Sorry to break this to you, but it's a KNOWN, SCIENTIFIC FACT that kids in daycare get sick much more often and with more virulent strains than children that are not in daycare. Even at doctors appointments, they will tell you that a child in daycare has an extra risk factor of more sickness.
You're right, it is a known scientific fact that daycare kids do get sicker. That doesn't mean it's the providers fault though. The states set up requirements for parents and providers to follow as far as when a sick child can be in daycare and when they cannot. It is both the parents and providers' duties to make sure that a child too sick doesn't end up in daycare whether it's the parent calling in sick, the provider turning the child away at the door, or the provider calling the parent when the child's symptoms worsen to that point. Though likely the other children in care have already been exposed to the illness.

Mac60 has a great point about the parents bringing things home from work too; especially those parents who work at schools, clinics, stores and other places where there are constant interaction with all types of healthy and unhealthy people.

So, I guess the best way to combat this is for mom (or dad or both) to stay home with their children so they don't get sick. They better home school the children too.
Unregistered 03:57 PM 06-05-2009
I live in northern utah and did not put my daughter into daycare til she was three and a half. I knew that I would take to the same daycare that I and my sibilings had attented years before because I knew the owner and how thing were run plus she had opened another daycare up the street from my home which was on the cherry on top! Everything was wonderful I still loved the director and her staff was great, I especially loved her teacher she was the sweetest lady and I couldnt have asked for more in a teacher; I left everyday with a good heart knowing my daughter was in good loving hands; then we had to move so I made sure we could still attend the daycare but had to switch the actually center she attend and thats when it went down hill. My daughter was now going to be starting kindergarten and I knew she would need to ride the van to school in the afternoon but I would be able to pick her up from school. I made sure I talked to the ladies about their drop off procedures and specifically asked if my child was the last/only child to be dropped off at school and if it would be possible if she could be walked to her class for the first two weeks since she was in kindergarten and I was concerned she would try and walk home if she couldnt find her class (you can see the school from our apartment)they said she was the last and only child to be dropped off and that wouldn't be a problem, the morning of the big first day I talked to them to make sure we were all on the same page and it seemed that we were, well when I went to pick up my child from school her teacher was very upset with ME because she thought I had dropped my child off 15 minutes early and didnt walk her to the class. Well long story shortened they dropped her off fifteen minutes early they didnt walk her to class and because she was soo early there was no one even in the classroom and another teacher had to let her in class and watch her til her teacher came back. To say the least I was furious! I drove to the daycare and let them know what happened and I wanted to know if that was normal procedure for 5yr olds and what about the three previous talks we had and why didnt they do what we had agreed upon, all i got was excuses that they cant leave other children unattended, I explained that she was the last and only child and it had been agreed upon that she would be escorted to class, then the next excuse was that they can lawfully take the children to school ten minutes early, I told her she was taken fifteen mins early and the only one who knew she was there was the bus driver, not the school or her teacher and what would have happened if she tried and walked home by herself looking for me! After more excuses I told her to have the director call me about the situation, well after a week and four messages and no return phone call I took her out of her daycare which she didnt really want to leave and her teacher was sorry... what was the icing on the cake is I had know the director/owner since I was 8yrs old and had taken my child to her for almost two years and not one phone call to see what happened, if my child was ok and what we could do to resolve the situation and make sure there would be no more misunderstandings...ouch!! *** Parents make sure you know who will be doing the actual driving to and from school and ask your school if they have any problems with the daycare and their pick up/drop off procedures, just because the actual teachers might be great and wonderful it doesnt mean the bus driver is the same way and what good is a great teacher if your child doesnt make it to the daycare center!!
Unregistered 05:24 PM 06-05-2009
Originally Posted by mac60:
You parents always amaze me. Always blaming the dc on your childs sickness. Hmm, moms who work in schools, banks, hospitals and medical clinics couldn't possibly bring home any illnesses to their child now could they? As a provider, is it so damn frustrating when I hear parents say this. It is utterly rediculous.

Funny story....I had a parent like you once, always blaming dc on her kids sickness....I saw them at Walmart, and their 4 year old was sucking on the handle of the cart....Yes, sucking on the handle of the cart.....think she might of gotten a few germs in her mouth from doing that? Heck yea. But then for parents......it is much easier to blame it on the dc. So sad and shows how "smart" many parents arn't.
I work for a pediatric office. You do not get a UTI from germs from a shopping cart, you get a UTI from bacteria traveling through the vagina into the bladder....so yes, if a little girl is wiped the incorrect way, e-coli can cause a UTI in addition to other UTI causing bacterias. However, you can not get a UTI from another person (contagious) or by ingesting the bacteria orally.
mac60 12:22 PM 06-06-2009
Hmm, I was not saying you could get a UTI from a shopping cart, I was talking of sickenss in general. Who says it isn't someone at home not wiping correctly, again, why is it always the providers fault. That is the statement I don't understand. Maybe the child isn't getting bathed properly/frequently at home. So many "could be's", but then, always the providers fault. I am SO SO glad I don't have families like this. Of coarse, every now and then providers do get an accusing parent to deal with.....and those are the parents that need to stay home with their kids.
Unregistered 07:02 AM 06-20-2009
Mac60........I am glad I don't daycare with you, because obviously you are a provider that is always right and never does anything wrong. Everything in your world must be the parents fault. I have confronted my daycare provider (now former after this week) about things that my oldest child (8 years) has felt uncomfortable about at daycare. I get responses such as, "I never did that,' "I never said that," "She doesn't know what she saw." Until this week when she accused my daughter of doing something that another kid did, and my daughter looked at me with this face and said she didn't. The daycare provider argued with her infront of me and other kids then said to her " I know what I saw." I looked at the provider and said that by the look on my daughters face she was telling the truth and that I needed to get to work and left. Come to find out after I got the kids home, my daughter told me what happened after I left. The provider yelled at her and said "Great, now you got me in trouble with your mom." My daughter is very sensitive and started to cry, the provider appologized to her 20 minutes later. This was all I could tolerate anymore, and I suppose that in your mind, Mac60 this was my fault. This was not the first issue with her I probably couldn't add them up on all my fingers and toes.
The reason we stayed there for so long is because she was a former military wife, and she would understand the military life. I never know when my husband will get deployed, but he is gone a lot for training, I thought I could trust her with my kids......I was wrong!!!!!
Chickenhauler 12:52 AM 06-21-2009
As for checking on a provider's record of complaints filed, that's like asking around the neighborhood about gossipy accusations-sometimes, parents have an axe to grind and will file a complaint just out of spite. Ask what the findings of the investigation into the complaint is.

If you see a pattern of complaints (similar complaints from different people) that's a sign that this may be more than just a vindictive parent firing off a parting shot.

Yes, kids are exposed to more germs in a daycare situation-there's more people and children they are in contact with, just like they will when they begin attending school. In the long run, this helps them build up an immune system. They are going to come in contact with the world sooner or later, they don't live in a plastic bubble (at least I hope you're not raising bubble boy).
Unregistered 05:25 PM 07-12-2009
Hi - I am a new mother and have my daughter in a daycare center. How can you find out if there are complaints filed against daycare center? I live in New Jersey. If you file a complaint against the center do you have to give them your name and in return the center is aware it was you who complained?
There is a great website called unitedwatchers.com which handles complaints for any childcare anywhere. You can even findout about previous complaints from other parents.
Unregistered 05:44 AM 07-28-2009
Originally Posted by unregistered:
how can i find out if a daycare has previous reports filed by parents in queens, new york?
hi, you can look this up at nyc.gov/doh hope this helps you
melissa ann 04:29 PM 07-28-2009
I watch 3 kids from 1 family. It seems they are always coughing, sneezing or having a runny nose. The 1 boy, never goes to the dr because his grandpa doesn't take him. Apparently, the drs get on him about the boy's size. He is small (height & weight) for his age. He is not up to date on his vaccines because of this. I think it's a lame excuse on not taking a child to the dr. The girl that I watch (boy's cousin) I swear has never had a haicut, much less has it combed. The parents do work in retail, so they come in contact with who knows what. My kids were never sick before I started childcare. I knew that when I started doing childcare, we would probably get colds, viruses, etc. But sometimes, these kids are not dressed properly for the weather. In the wintertime, they'd have on light jackets, sandals, etc. Then the parents have the nerve to say that their kids were never sick as much as they are now! The kids do not eat properly. They don't eat veggies. No wonder they are always sick.
ConcernedMotherof2 06:11 AM 07-30-2009

My kids get sick all the time... all kids get sick. It's not an issue of blame until I get a defensive provider. Such as the provider I had who took my children to another provider's home one day (this was cleared through me beforehand) and my kids wound up with lice. At the time, my children were the only two in her care and I was working so much that the only exposure to the outside world that the kids had was in her care. I wound up losing my job because my children had LICE and not only were not allowed back for three weeks, but this woman expected me to pay for that time. At first, it was only my daughter who had lice when I was called at work to pick them up. I did everything, treated her, my son and myself, treated my whole house. After one week, I brought the kids back and she came out to the curb in plastic gloves to check the kids' heads and said she found nits... I had cut my daughter's hair and checked every inch of both of their heads and I hadn't seen ANYTHING. This woman proceeded to tell me that I was dirty and that my home must be dirty and the lice must be breeding in my carpet. I didn't jump to blaming the provider until she did all of this... Initially all I did was smile and tell her I was sorry and took my kids home and spent HOURS taking care of the problem. I honestly think that she had just decided that she didn't want to run a daycare out of her home anymore.

Yes, there are parents who cast unfounded blame on providers, but there are also providers who make mistakes.
unregistered 11:12 AM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
I watch 3 kids from 1 family. It seems they are always coughing, sneezing or having a runny nose. The 1 boy, never goes to the dr because his grandpa doesn't take him. Apparently, the drs get on him about the boy's size. He is small (height & weight) for his age. He is not up to date on his vaccines because of this. I think it's a lame excuse on not taking a child to the dr. The girl that I watch (boy's cousin) I swear has never had a haicut, much less has it combed. The parents do work in retail, so they come in contact with who knows what. My kids were never sick before I started childcare. I knew that when I started doing childcare, we would probably get colds, viruses, etc. But sometimes, these kids are not dressed properly for the weather. In the wintertime, they'd have on light jackets, sandals, etc. Then the parents have the nerve to say that their kids were never sick as much as they are now! The kids do not eat properly. They don't eat veggies. No wonder they are always sick.

Melissa Ann, I think this needs to be reported to child protective services. This is much more than children getting sick, sounds like there is some medical neglect going on there, and even environmental neglect.

My son went to daycare from the time he was 4 months old. He is currently 20 months. We took him out of the first dc provider due to him getting sick every week. I know that sounds petty and silly, but since he's been going to his new daycare (for about 6 months or more now), he hasn't been sick 1 time.

One issue that we have been having with the new daycare just deals with a worker there. I am happy with the daycare, and I feel that my son is learning a lot from there. But, I've observed, as well as my husband and my other family members that pick my son up or drop him off that one worker is consistently rude, stand-offish and not nice with the children. She has 2 children of her own at the daycare too, and is very hateful with them. The other workers have up to 5 or more children around them, and she will be sitting in a chair by herself not doing anything to help the other workers. My son is spoiled, and I know that. They do too. He is the child that you see that clings to the legs of the workers if they won't pick him up. This was fine until the first few weeks he kept coming home with busted lips because he would grab her leg and she would shrug him off, causing him to fall and hit his mouth on the floor. That hasn't happened anymore, I guess he's learned to leave her alone.

You know that gut feeling that we mommies get when something just isn't right with somebody? That's how I am with this worker. It makes me nervous when they are there alone with him. I won't leave him unless another worker is there. So...I called today to talk to the director about it. I hate causing trouble and I really hate to point things out like that, but what do you do? It's my son, and he's my only son. I guess we'll see how it goes...even though my hubby is pissed at me now for saying anything to them about it.
Unregistered 02:10 PM 08-04-2009
One issue that we have been having with the new daycare just deals with a worker there. I am happy with the daycare, and I feel that my son is learning a lot from there. But, I've observed, as well as my husband and my other family members that pick my son up or drop him off that one worker is consistently rude, stand-offish and not nice with the children. She has 2 children of her own at the daycare too, and is very hateful with them. The other workers have up to 5 or more children around them, and she will be sitting in a chair by herself not doing anything to help the other workers. My son is spoiled, and I know that. They do too. He is the child that you see that clings to the legs of the workers if they won't pick him up. This was fine until the first few weeks he kept coming home with busted lips because he would grab her leg and she would shrug him off, causing him to fall and hit his mouth on the floor. That hasn't happened anymore, I guess he's learned to leave her alone.

You know that gut feeling that we mommies get when something just isn't right with somebody? That's how I am with this worker. It makes me nervous when they are there alone with him. I won't leave him unless another worker is there. So...I called today to talk to the director about it. I hate causing trouble and I really hate to point things out like that, but what do you do? It's my son, and he's my only son. I guess we'll see how it goes...even though my hubby is pissed at me now for saying anything to them about it.[/quote]

I think you are right to complain. Sometimes centers will hire someone just to stay in ratio, when that person has no desire or business being around small children. She probably drives the other employees nuts also. There's a high turn over in daycare centers because of the low pay and unrealistic expectations that are placed on providers.
BUT, that doesn't mean children should be exposed to bad attitudes and rude behavior. Hopefully you're not the only one complaining.
(FWIW I worked with someone like this and they were just an all around miserable person who no one wanted to be around, but they kept her there for the numbers. I was always grateful when a parent complained about her, because the director always blew me off about it.)
pv1001 07:25 AM 08-07-2009
I have an issue with this school in NJ, they played games to keep my security deposit. They have 45 days notice, I told a teacher 50 days earlier and she told me she will tell to owner and there is no need for written notice, I believed her my mistake. Then two week later owner called and I told her what happened she said she will honor this time and asked me to give notice in written that day. But when time came she denied completely. And said teacher never told her which was lie, I aske for meeting so me her and teacher are there all, one morning. I took timeoff and the very day she called me earlier and said she has emergency that morning, I asked her meet later that day but she never called.
I called two days later and she called back and said teacher was off that day. If she knew that teacher is off why she didn't call me earlier she knew before. Now since I lost my paid time too, I am very mad. She makes up statements all the time, I have three more parents who I talked they told me they too never returned their deposit.
I want to fight to teach her for future. Can you believe 45 days notice, which employer gives that???
Chickenhauler 02:30 PM 08-08-2009
Originally Posted by pv1001:
I have an issue with this school in NJ, they played games to keep my security deposit. They have 45 days notice, I told a teacher 50 days earlier and she told me she will tell to owner and there is no need for written notice, I believed her my mistake. Then two week later owner called and I told her what happened she said she will honor this time and asked me to give notice in written that day. But when time came she denied completely. And said teacher never told her which was lie, I aske for meeting so me her and teacher are there all, one morning. I took timeoff and the very day she called me earlier and said she has emergency that morning, I asked her meet later that day but she never called.
I called two days later and she called back and said teacher was off that day. If she knew that teacher is off why she didn't call me earlier she knew before. Now since I lost my paid time too, I am very mad. She makes up statements all the time, I have three more parents who I talked they told me they too never returned their deposit.
I want to fight to teach her for future. Can you believe 45 days notice, which employer gives that???
I've been canned once or twice from a job, and all the notice I got was "You're Fired!"

I'd notify them that if this is how they want to play the game, that's fine, game on.

After your child's last day in their care (which would have been yesterday, IMHO), I would visit the local courthouse and file in small claims court for your deposit, your time off from work, and travel expenses associated with the runaround.

But, be damn sure you take and keep notes about who you talked to, when (date and time), what was said, etc. Evidence like this is hard to refute in court, especially when you have it to back up your claims to a judge.

How much money are we talking here?
Unregistered 08:46 AM 01-16-2010
WARNING: DO NOT ATTEND La Petite Academy. I had 4 of my children in the school located at La Petite Academy at the facility located in Boca Raton, FL. I brought complaints to management that went over looked from, toilets over flooded, giving my toddlers other kids pacifiers and bottles, allowing my toddlers to roam on a cold floor with no shoes or socks, not cleaning my children properly leaving feces on their genital area while placing a fresh diaper on the child, losing my children clothes, not ensuring my children were eating daily, No consistency with teachers so when an event occurs the teachers say"i dont know i just got here" in addition to lack of management and no respect for parents wishes. As a result of making complaints with no action taken I made a formal complaint to the health department and their corporate office. Their resolution was to make bias accusations against me saying the staff feared me and is uncomfortable with my presence and kicked my kids out of the school. I guess caring about your kids is not tolerated with La Petite. If your looking for a day care and you ::::ONT:::: care about your kids well being then La Petite is the school for you. Please tell all your family and friends how unethical and unprofessional they are and lets try to hurt them in their wallet where it hurts.
Michael 02:09 PM 01-16-2010
We omitted from this post the exact address due to the unregistered status of this complainant.
Former Teacher 02:54 PM 01-16-2010
WARNING: DO NOT ATTEND La Petite Academy. I had 4 of my children in the school located at La Petite Academy at the facility located in Boca Raton, FL 33428 I brought complaints to management that went over looked from, toilets over flooded, giving my toddlers other kids pacifiers and bottles, allowing my toddlers to roam on a cold floor with no shoes or socks, not cleaning my children properly leaving feces on their genital area while placing a fresh diaper on the child, losing my children clothes, not ensuring my children were eating daily, No consistency with teachers so when an event occurs the teachers say"i dont know i just got here" in addition to lack of management and no respect for parents wishes. As a result of making complaints with no action taken I made a formal complaint to the health department and their corporate office. Their resolution was to make bias accusations against me saying the staff feared me and is uncomfortable with my presence and kicked my kids out of the school. I guess caring about your kids is not tolerated with La Petite. If your looking for a day care and you ::::ONT:::: care about your kids well being then La Petite is the school for you. Please tell all your family and friends how unethical and unprofessional they are and lets try to hurt them in their wallet where it hurts.
Well I HAVE a complaint. Maybe this is just me. But why did this forum suddenly become a bashing of naming names of DC's? I understand parents frustration and all but to sit there and publicly bash a daycare name and all is uncalled for.

I can understanding discussing the topic of complaints but to actually LIST the complaint here and all is in my opinion inappropriate. Thank you to Michael for blocking the address! Now if all this system would get rid of the unregistered people that I am sure would make many regulars here very happy!
gbcc 04:57 PM 01-16-2010
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
Well I HAVE a complaint. Maybe this is just me. But why did this forum suddenly become a bashing of naming names of DC's? I understand parents frustration and all but to sit there and publicly bash a daycare name and all is uncalled for.

I can understanding discussing the topic of complaints but to actually LIST the complaint here and all is in my opinion inappropriate. Thank you to Michael for blocking the address! Now if all this system would get rid of the unregistered people that I am sure would make many regulars here very happy!
I agree. At least post a user name so that we know it's relavent. Being unregistered makes me assume this person has no substantial evidence to back these alligations up. Therefore they block their name so they can't be sued.
Former Teacher 05:23 PM 01-16-2010
Originally Posted by gbcc:
I agree. At least post a user name so that we know it's relavent. Being unregistered makes me assume this person as no substantial evidence to back these alligations up. Therefore they block their name so they can't be sued.
My point exactly!
Michael 07:36 PM 01-16-2010
First off gbcc, I do not believe someone can be sued since it appears to be a 1st amendment free speech issue. If the unregistered “registered” as a member there is also the possibility that Le Petite would respond here and try to rectify the problem. Le Petite was an advertiser for many years with Daycare.com and we have had mostly great comments regarding their services. Likewise, there are many unregistered comments on this forum that are very professional and a great asset to the content read here. This is a tough issue to balance. We could just stop commenting on this thread and let it fall back into dated oblivion.
Former Teacher 05:42 AM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by michael:
First off gbcc, I do not believe someone can be sued since it appears to be a 1st amendment free speech issue. If the unregistered “registered” as a member there is also the possibility that Le Petite would respond here and try to rectify the problem. Le Petite was an advertiser for many years with Daycare.com and we have had mostly great comments regarding their services. Likewise, there are many unregistered comments on this forum that are very professional and a great asset to the content read here. This is a tough issue to balance. We could just stop commenting on this thread and let it fall back into dated oblivion.
Good point Michael. I think the frustration that I and I am sure many others feel is that we are tired of people who are unregistered make these kind of comments. Whether or not they are against other daycares or not.

I agree with your statement that there are unregistered users that are professional. However the vast majority it seems is that these users just like to get us regulars all bent out of shape with their comments and/or questions.

Nah we don't want it to be in oblivion...we just like to hear you talk to us from time to time lol
Chickenhauler 10:00 PM 01-17-2010
Free speech does not include libel or slander, though.

If the allegations are untrue, the person making them and dragging the DC providers name through the dirt could be easily sued.
Michael 11:11 PM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:

If the allegations are untrue, the person making them and dragging the DC providers name through the dirt could be easily sued.
We felt the complaint, while harsh, seemed specific in its nature, not malicious but intended for public concern.

That being said, we will take a stronger approach to future comments of this nature from those that are not registered users.
gbcc 06:30 AM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:

Yes, that was my feelings on it.
Former Teacher 03:14 PM 01-18-2010
We felt the complaint, while harsh, seemed specific in its nature, not malicious but intended for public concern.

That being said, we will take a stronger approach to future comments of this nature from those that are not registered users.
Go Michael! Go Michael! Go Michael!

Wow, to think you have all this power...make sure you put it to good use! lol

Just kidding!!!!
Michael 03:39 PM 01-18-2010
Thought you might also find the new article on Daycare.com titled "Money Saving Tips" that draws from what a lot of you are saying here in this forum.

mac60 also helped in putting it together.

Michael
Chickenhauler 03:51 AM 01-19-2010

Not saying you could be sued, I was referring to the person who authored the post (if the allegations were untrue).

From what I understand of message board legals, if the person who is being wronged contacts you and asks you to remove the offending material, be it slander, libel, copyright infringement, etc, and you refuse, then you can be considered liable.

As long as there is no contact, or you remove it when it is brought to your attention, you're not liable.

* I'm not a lawyer, but I parked the semi close to a Holiday Inn Express last night.
mac60 07:25 AM 01-19-2010
Your a HOOT chickenhauler.........and I just gotta ask.....what exactly do you haul......pplleeaassee don't tell me CHICKENS!lol
Carole's Daycare 03:07 PM 01-19-2010
Almost always, in every state, contact the county social service center's main number, and they will transfer you to daycare licensing. All complaints land there, as do records of inspections and any corrections or non compliance found in said daycare. Be cautious of heresay, good or bad. In tough times competition can be cutthroat, and if the complaint is truly from a former client that complaint will be on record with the licensing agency as well as results from the investigation. I've been in daycare 8 ys, am married to a law enforcement professional and provide care for a child protection worker in my county. Nonetheless several years ago I had a disgruntled client over monetary issues that refused to pay bills on time and per contract start a rumour about poor quality of care in my home. I was heartbroken. Of course there was no "real " consequence as the rumour was unsubstantiated, while the record of their payment/lack of payment and communications regarding that problem were. Still, reputation is important to getting business in this profession, so make sure to consider the source in these situations. I've known a few providers that were very dedicated professionals be the victim of clients bent on revenge after a judgement for non-payment or being terminated for schedule or other policy issues. Many of us have horror stories about bad daycares. I do as well, which is why I chose to open my own when I had my second child. I personally would not mention the name of a specific daycare I heard of problems with. Its unprofessional. Instead I remind parents to always, always call the county #, which is provided on the mandated reporter form, to inquire about that daycare's history. I suggest certain things that may be important to them to inquire about, and I tell them to always drop in unexpectedly after interviews before starting care and in the initial weeks of care to make sure things are as they seem during the interview. Test them on certain safety policies, for example sending your best friend or mother in law to pick up the kids without notifying, to see what protocol she follows. Take a long break and drive by the yard to see what kind of supervision is in place, etc.
Chickenhauler 11:30 PM 01-19-2010
Your a HOOT chickenhauler.........and I just gotta ask.....what exactly do you haul......pplleeaassee don't tell me CHICKENS!lol
I pull a temp control trailer, which means any temp between -20F and +80F, and that means anything that fits through the doors.

Usually, it's food of one type or another, but this time of year that means I also add "protect from freezing" to the list. I haul anything from fresh meats, produce, chemicals, tropical plants, frozen veggies, ice cream, etc.

Quick rundown of my last two weeks-drums of hazmat chemicals that can't be allowed to freeze from St Paul to LA CA, then a load of prom dresses (they paid good) from LA to Omaha NE, then a load of pig hearts from Fremont NE to SE Iowa, and now I'm bound for LA from IA with a load of medical supplies that have to be kept between 55 and 65F.

I do haul chickens, frozen and fresh dead butchered ones, and once live baby chicks from the hatchery to an "egg ranch". Little baby chicks have to be kept roasty-toasty warm!
mac60 03:49 AM 01-20-2010
Very interesting. My daughter would of loved your trailer of prom dresses.
Carole's Daycare 06:46 AM 01-20-2010
And then you have parents that call and say that child #1 is sick throwing up, but I am bringing child #2 to dc....hmm, why not keep them both home. Parents have an extremely hard time handling situations that we are expected to handle on a daily basis.
I have a mom who does that to me. I try to explain that illnesses are contagious and child #2 may not have symptoms yet, but since both are under 3 and suck hands/toys the child will soon, and child # 2 is bringing the germs to daycare. The sad news is she says she just can't handle both at the clinic or whatever, and technically if she paid for the day,(she pays in advance, present or absent) until the child has state guideline excludeable symptoms such as high fever etc, I can't really force her to keep him home. It's rude and inconsiderate, to other families and my own that will get it, but she doesn't see it that way.

By the way- I totally have seen the "blame the daycare" for every bug. Parents often say it, even when they know it came from an older sibling in school, or friends or family. For it to come from the daycare 1) Some idiot parent had to bring sick kids to the daycare to begin with, and 2) I too, have seen kids chewing on carts at walmart or touching toys then putting hands in mouth.
Also, at least in little girls, UTI's are caused as often by sitting in dirty bathwater at home, lack of drinking water etc. If your daycare knows you are blaming her, she may well be looking for a new family. The job is challenging enough without that.
StressedMom 09:53 AM 01-31-2010
I've read all of your comments and I think you all have very good points. As a parent I find myself constantly questioning whether or not I have made the right decision about the daycare I have chosen for my boys. How can you really know what goes on all day while you aren't there? I had a friend take her son to a daycare that had video cameras where she could watch him from work & what she observed was terrible, and to make it worse the daycare sided with the worker who was abusive!!

Sometimes I do find myself blaming the daycare for things that when I have time to really sit down and think it through I come to the conclusion that 1 - it's the daycare's fault or 2 - it's our fault. The hardest thing for a parent to do is to blame themselves when their children aren't or do not seem happy or "like themselves." It is much easier to jump to conclusions and assume than to do what it takes to get down to the bottom of it. However, whenever I make a "possible" complaint to the director or suggestions, she never returns my emails and she never calls. I then have to call her several hours later to discuss something she should have called me about in the first place. When I finally speak with her she sort of brushes off the issue at hand and starts talking about letting your children go, grow, etc.

My toddler is 2 and it is hard to tell whether he's just hit a phase and that is causing his change in personality or if it's something going on at daycare. I figure the only way I'm going to find out is to check in at random throughout the day when I am not expected, from a vantage point where they do not know I am watching. I will get down to the bottom of it if it's the last thing I do! If nothing's wrong, I'll be a happy mom..but like the other mom said, we have maternal instinct for a reason and we know when something's not quite right so all you providers out there if you're not doing what's best for our children you need to get out of the business altogether. If you can't take the heat, get out of the street! Might I add also, for many parents this is our first time experiencing things such as children getting sick, adjusting to daycare, etc. So take it easy on us we sometimes do not know any better!
Unregistered 12:51 PM 02-17-2010
Sadly, I think if you have a camera phone you should have immediately taken a few pics. Now it's your word against her's. I hope you nail her.

Originally Posted by Morgan:
I had my 3 year old twins at an in-home daycare in Hermitage PA... all was fine until yesterday when I arrived to pick them up...they went with their provider to run an errand (which was ok with me) When they did arrive, I went to get my son out of the car when I discovered he was NOT EVEN IN A CAR SEAT... or booster seat for that matter... he was LITERALLY belted in only with the LAPBELT....the shoulder belt didn't even fit over him since HE IS STILL NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR THE NEXT STAGE BOOSTER SEAT. And to add to this all, my daughter was in the next stage booster seat and she is smaller than him. Needless to say, they will never step foot in her house again. She is a coward and I will not rest until every single person knows about this woman.

Today, I was told some man at the Regional Office of Child Development that they will send someone over to investigate and if she does not admit to this and/or they do not see her do it, then nothing will ever come of this.

Why isn't there something parents can do about child neglet / abuse / endangerment in the daycare system or with the child care provider?? I absolutely will not stand for what she did! What all can be done in this situation?

Unregistered 10:25 PM 02-18-2010
You never said from what state you were from but I can speak from experience on Texas Licensing. No matter how anonymous the hot lines say they are, they are NOT. I was at my daycare for almost 20 years and every single complaint (not that there were many!) but every single one we ALWAYS knew who it was from. Whether state licensing came out directly or skited around the issue, we always knew who said what.

So if ever you do for future reference want to file a complaint and you do not want it to be known, I have a few suggestions. 1. Block your number before you call. And 2. Be very firm and do not give out your name or any personal information.

P.S. I have absolutely NO respect for Licensing. I think they are a bunch of hypocrites. I could write a book just on the representatives I have faced. That is one of the minor reasons why I am glad that part of my life is over

My daughter is getting ready to file a complaint on a day care and we do not care if they know who we are. The facts are the facts. Furthermore, my daughter or myself would never file a false complaint or make up lies about someone or a business just to get back at them.

However, this situation has involved my granddaughter's doctor's office, who has back up documentation showing they sent a script to the day care regarding medication that needed to be administered to my granddaughter. Today my daughter found out that the day care never gave the medication to her, even after they said they did; they lied that they were giving it to her as instructed by the doctor. My daughter also have a note/letter from the owner/director of the day care, which also shows neglect of them following through by what was said on the note/later.

Here now is what happened: Today the unused medication was given back to my daughter when she informed them that my granddaughter would no longer be returning to their day care. After hearing the shocking news, now they want to act concern and want to know why? Asking is anything wrong? Telling my daughger that she should call the owner tomorrow to talk with her first so they can discuss to see what the problem is. But it is too late, the damage has been done. My daughter asked the charges for the final bill and informed them that she will be back tomorrow (Friday) to pay in full. My daughter normally pays the day care every Monday morning each week. And believe me, their fees are not cheap. Plus this is a private pay and there is no government assistance paying the day care fees.

To explain further, the unused medication that was given back to my daughter today, was all the medication originally taken to the daycare at the beginning, that was supposed to have been administered; however, not one of the dosages were ever used to give to my granddaughter. My granddaughter's teacher even lied to my daughter by telling her she had been giving the medication to my granddaughter and that she did not have any problems administrering it, when in fact she never did - so a straight out lie, right there.

The director lied about not receiving the faxed script sent by the doctor's office, even after she had told my daughter she received it that same day; but yet a few weeks later she had my daughter to notify the doctor's officd again to have another script faxed, and lied and said she never received it the first one. The doctor followed through by faxing a second one, but also have their records showing that they did in fact fax the first one and that the trasmittal shows it went through okay. But still, even after receiving the second fax, no medication was ever administered to my granddaughter.

The director was so bold, that she told my daughter she needed a script from the doctor to give my grandaughter PediaLite when she was sick with a cold (and she probably was sick because she wasn't getting her treatments by the day care staff). My daughter also informed the day care that my granddaughter is also teething.

My grandaughter is now 8 months old, will be 9 months the 23rd of this month. She started attending this day care at 7 months old (she's only been there a little over a month - started 01/03/2010) and look at the problems my daughter is having already.

Just to add, earlier this week, the day care called my daughter while she was in school and said that my granddaughter was running a fever and was not keeping anything down and told her she had to come get the baby. My daughter took off from school, called and got an appointment with the doctor while en route to pick the baby up. The doctor's office gave her an appointment to come in, which was only 30 to 45 minutes later. My daughter noticed that when she picked the baby up from day care, she did not feel warm at all and did not appear to be running a temperature or acting like someone was not feeling good. She was not fussy or anything. Once at the doctor's office, they could not find where she was running a fever at all, even after taking her temperature. My granddaughter was diagnosed as having a minor stomach virus, but the doctor said it was not bad enough that she had to keep her home the next day. She was told to give her the regular formula and the PediaLite. She was also given a prescription for the minor stomach virus. When she took my granddaughter back to the day care the next day, they acted like they did not want her to stay and told my daughter she needed to keep her home 24 to 48 hours. My daughter told them what the doctor said and left for school. When she picked the baby up that evening, my daughter was told after she asked, that my granddaughter had not ran a fever and nor had she brought any liquids back up and was not able to hold anything down in her stomach all that day. However, the next day (Thursday), all hell broke loose and the lies started to roll.

So the complaint that will be filed is being filed because of the lies told by the owner/director and her staff. The fact that the day care involved my granddaughter's doctor's office by having them send/fax scripts that they never followed through on and having them send an unnecessary script for PediaLite (which was said unheard-of by the doctor and others we have asked around). Not only that, they had my daughter under the impression that the medication was being administered - they down right lied and I/we are very angry about that. This problem caused my granddaughter to have to go to the doctor twice, and probably unnecessarily and it's probably due to her not being given the medication properly to get better, causing the healing to be prolonged. This resulted in a second trip back to the doctor.

The Grandmother
Crystal 12:58 PM 02-19-2010
While I do not think it was ethical of the teacher/director to say they were administering meds when they weren't, and I agree that if they are being less than honest you should find alternate child care arrangements, what exactly is your complaint for licensing? They are not going to be able to do anything about this, as it is your word against theirs, AND, there is no regulation that says caregivers are REQUIRED to administer meds. This was a wierd rant.

I really think some of these anonymous posts are not for real.
Unregistered 03:58 PM 02-21-2010
i would STRONGLY recommend you guys think twice before you take your child to Wee Wonders in Saint Robert, Missouri. They do not pay any attention to any of he children, they yell at the top of their lungs, sit on the kids when they wont lay down to take a nap, and much more i could go into great detail. and in the baby room you cant guarantee your child is going to get fed or get a bottle when they want one. There is a girl that works there that jerks the kids around and they barely get their diaper changed. they dont give any of the kids one on one time unless a parent or state inspection is around. I have seen this first hand.. and if i had enough money i would file a lawsuit against them.

REMEMBER: always always always check the daycare out more than once before you take your child somewhere..
rlamas 10:39 PM 03-11-2010
My two year old has been going to a certain daycare since November, lets call that daycare "Tots-Play". Since he is two he was put into the 2 year old class, which I was fine with. I don't know if it was the teacher or maybe the other children...but he came home crying every day and did not want to go back. I talked to the owner and he said that he would move my son up to the next classroom, because he feels that my son is not being challenged enough and gets bored, that's why he cries. My son wasn't potty trained yet so we had to work on that, in the 3 year old room the kids are potty trained. So, we've been working on that and my son is doing wonderful! He even sleeps with "big boy underwear" on at night with no accidents. The teacher that was in his new class was a girl that I went to school with so everything was fine, I had no problems from the DD and would recommend it to anyone looking in the area. I had no complaints, and he was very happy to go back to see Ms. Jessika. I was informed by the teacher (Ms. Jesskia) that they were getting a new afternoon teacher, which was okay stuff happens (and I know how turn around rates are). My son started hitting but very little. I never found out why it happened,...but when he would tell me that someone hit him "Chase hit me with a block in my head" the teacher (afternoon teacher) knew nothing about it. The DC began to tell me more frequently that he was hitting and bitting, they were even calling home about it like he was in regular school (I didn't mind that, if he gets in trouble then he needs to be disciplined correctly). I never got to meet her (I don't pick my child up from daycare my sister does because of work schedule), a while later Ms. Jesskia told me again that they were getting a new afternoon teacher. I began to wonder....and then a little while later down the line she said that she was being moved to the 4 year old room and that someone was replacing her. There was never a note sent out or nothing, it was just a mention.

The next morning when I take my son to school I met the new teacher. I wasn't too fond of her. She seemed very young (not that young people are bad, I'm 21) and unknowing. I had dropped him off that whole week and every time I seen her she was different than all the other teachers that were there (everyone, even teachers that aren't in your child's class or in direct contact with them, know you by name and say hi and bye everyday) sorta of in a rude manner. She didn't seem like she wanted to be there, like it was just a paycheck. I let a few more days go by, figuring that I am over reacting and she just needs to get used to everything and everyone.

Today, I picked my son up from my sister and she said that he got in trouble and got sent to the office. Okay... She said that the teacher asked if anyone from the DC had called about my son. She said no, because they didn't call her. She went on saying that my son and another male kid pulled their pants down and were showing each other their private areas. And that they bit each other. On the car ride home, I asked my son what happened and all he said do was make a sad face and say "Because"...We get home and its bath time and I pull down his pants to give him a bath and the bit mark is on his private spot! He said, "he bite my peepee mommy". I didn't know what to think, when I was told biting I figured on the arm or something. I immediately, looked at it and it was obvious that it was bit marks. Not quick, harmless marks...hard marks-breaking the skin. I called my sister and asked what the DC said (I was pretty vurious by this time). My sister said that the teacher just asked "if someone called home and that my son, along with another boy, pulled his pants down...and then later they bit each other." I told her tell me exactly what she said word for word because this is serious! She said that the teacher said that she was in the bathroom (they have bathrooms in each classroom) cleaning up from when a child went to the restroom and made a mess, and she looked around and that's what they were doing and she ran to them. "They had their pants down, and later they had bitten each other"; who really knows what happened. (BTW: I am unsure the other child was bit as well. But that's another thing....gone long enough for 2 kids to show what they have and bite each other on it...?)

I ended up giving up on bathing that spot because he cried every time I went near it. I washed everything else, and just made him stay in the water for a little while. I took a picture of it on my phone. I know what your thinking, "how gross!" But I might need evidence....right?

It being after DC hours when I seen the markings, and after DC hours when I picked him up, there was nothing I can do right then...or at least I think.

I am very mad right now at the teacher and in some parts to the DC. I have a lot of questions running through my head right now...:
*Why weren't all of the children being watched?-instead of just the one that needed to be cleaned up after, she could have called someone in to look after other kids while she took care of the mess, or visa versa.
*Why was the teacher away for so long, without any supervision of the kids, for two boys to pull down their pants, show each other their private areas, and get bitten on it?!
*Where and why did this begin?-I know my two year old knows nothing of the nature, he is barely learning what it is and what it does.
*Did someone tell them or show them how to do this at the DC?-Two year olds don't know how to lied and you shouldn't except an answer like "because" out of them. What made them think of this or even to bit each other on their private areas!
*Why wasn't anyone (parental wise) notified about it?!!!!!!! If they can call because he hit or bit someone, or someone hit or bit him; why can't they call to say that a child bit my son ON his private area? I know they have at least 5 number in his file to call someone! I know they didn't call my husband, he would have went crazy finding something out like this.
*Why did the teacher say "and then later they bit each other"...Is she hiding something?
*Is she even certified to be working there?
*Was their signs that I should have looked out for?
*What are my rights and can I do?-Honestly, I feel like going up there in the morning as soon as they open, at 6am, and going off!

My son shouldn't have to cry because his private areas hurt. I pay this DC for them to watch, and take care of my son while I am away; they did the exact opposite. If I wanted that I would have left him at home without supervision, with the dogs.

So now my son wakes up crying every 30-40 minutes....saying "my bobo hurts, my peepee". You can tell he is definitely uncomfortable. This is EFFING RIDICULOUS!!!! (excuse my language)

I would like to know what I need to do, or can do...legally; because I'm about to going 'crazy mom' and 'flip a wig' on the DC. This issue is, and will not, go unresolved.

Thanks for reading!
Unregistered 01:56 PM 03-13-2010

O.k, so you "very-smart-daycare-provider", this is my opinion AS a mom, who has always worked in daycares for years. I have been in this, so I know how it works. All the day cares I have worked in, were unsanitary. The dc providers do such things as scraping the food from one child, who has already been munching on it, but did not finish it, to another`s plate! YES!!! Been there, seen it.... was shocked! Also, in this same daycare I have observed that, when it was snack time, the little one-year-old was crawling on the carpet, she got her snack literary off the floor!!! Yes! Should I continue? The lady, who was the owner of this home daycare, was so stingy, that I, as a new employee was not allowed to use paper towel, only for their diaper change. She, instead used hand towels, that were dampened. There is nothing wrong with this, right? Only if the SAME towel was used for pretty much all of the toddlers and babies, which was the case here!
THIS is exatly why kids get sick all the time in these "super-day cares". Because my experience taught me that, the providers are all nicey-nice to parents, but when the door closes, only God knows, what is going on in there..... and sometimes it`s not pretty!
momofsix 04:31 PM 03-13-2010
That is disgusting, and totally against all rules and common sense too. As a daycare employee, you would be mandated to report any abuse/neglect of kids, so I hope you did report this provider. We are all not like that though.
mac60 07:12 AM 03-14-2010
There is always going to be some providers/centers out there that mess up. That is a given in any business, profession, it is just life. It does not mean that the majority of us are like that, and when we are all put into this group, yes, we do become defensive, because those of us that run our programs well, hate it when we are included with that one bad apple that someone came in contact with. We are not all the same. Not at all.
missnikki 07:20 AM 03-15-2010
Dear unregistered guest,

"Because my experience taught me that, the providers are all nicey-nice to parents, but when the door closes, only God knows, what is going on in there..... "
Do you think that those providers who cut corners to make a buck are anything like the ones who seek out advice from peers on this site? You need to recognize your audience. I'd bet my last dollar that anyone on this site cares enough about the children in their care to discuss licensing, activities, procedures, etc...

Research and referral. It's the only way to be sure.
missnikki 07:36 AM 03-15-2010
Chickenhauler,
Your posts make me laugh. Way to turn it around.
Unregistered 08:02 PM 04-21-2010

You know that gut feeling that we mommies get when something just isn't right with somebody? That's how I am with this worker. It makes me nervous when they are there alone with him. I won't leave him unless another worker is there. So...I called today to talk to the director about it. I hate causing trouble and I really hate to point things out like that, but what do you do? It's my son, and he's my only son. I guess we'll see how it goes...even though my hubby is pissed at me now for saying anything to them about it.

I think you are right to complain. Sometimes centers will hire someone just to stay in ratio, when that person has no desire or business being around small children. She probably drives the other employees nuts also. There's a high turn over in daycare centers because of the low pay and unrealistic expectations that are placed on providers.
BUT, that doesn't mean children should be exposed to bad attitudes and rude behavior. Hopefully you're not the only one complaining.
(FWIW I worked with someone like this and they were just an all around miserable person who no one wanted to be around, but they kept her there for the numbers. I was always grateful when a parent complained about her, because the director always blew me off about it.)
I am actually on the reverse end of this type of situation. A parent has passed judgement on me as being an unfriendly individual that doesn't seem to like children and if i don't like my job then I need to pick another profession. This is what she told my director, as well as that I refused to serve the child breakfast because I said it was easier on me so he would eat in his class instead. I was shocked because her child has only been there for 4 day...thursday and friday of the previous week and monday and tuesday of the current week. He is not my student, I just work open with two other teachers so I have only seen her twice. I have always been cordial with her, just as I am with any other parent. On her child's first day I took his hand and led him to the sitting area and stayed with him for a while and reassured the mom her would be fine. On this second day when these things were said i said goodmorning to both her and the child as I do with every parent, and I explained that they eat in their classrooms now, when their teacher arrives in half hour. I then said have a nice day as she was leaving the classroom, then proceeded to stand outside in the hall and stare in at me and the other teacher with her child. I thank God that another teacher was in there with me to vouch for what words were shared. She also said her "motherly instincts make her apprehensive about me". I was both shocked and hurt because I am all around a very respectful and nice individual and I love children, even more than the next guy, because I don't have any of my own yet because i chose to focus on college. i want to do social work while i attend grad school to do forensic psychology so that I can work with rehabilitation programs for juvenile offenders in a prison or group home setting. If i hated children and didn't like my job I would have chosen another line of work. Now today, i came back to take over another teacher's shift because she had to go to a doctors appointment and the mother came in with an attitude about her sons nose, whom wasn't even in our class but for literally 2 minutes cause his teacher dropped his class over so that she may tidy up to take over our room cause it was time for me to go and the other teacher to go. SHe had a big fit about having to pull him and being reimbursed for the rest of the week cause she can't take it cause he is her baby and she can't deal with her son's nose being runny, and she overlooked the other teacher who sent her son over and was closer to him and had him in her group of kids so could see his nose was runny and turned to me to ask my name ( i thought in my mind there are 2 teachers in here here we go again!). a third teacher entered the room and explained to her that her child was sent over and what was the basis of her complaints (because she was being rude and loud) and i calmly explained to her that the teacher was next door and if she wanted to speak with her she was free to cause her child was just sent over to us. She went next door and told this teacher that we told her that she didn't clean her son's nose and also that she can't stand me! being that our walls aren't complete walls I heard what she said. I don't understand how someone can just lie about an individual they know nothing about, that even though I know she lied on me the first time I was still polite with her and said good afternoon. the other teacher din even know her son's name and was like umumum and i corrected her with his name and she had nothing to say about her. I don't understand how she can not like me when she doesn't know me and everyone around me can vouch for how much of a nice persn I am. This is the first time in my life any parent has treated me this way and although I try not to let it affect me it is upsetting. All i say is have a valid reason, based on facts for why you choose not to like someone, don't target an individual and make falsified complaints. I just thank God that in both situations other parties were present to observe exactly what happened. however now i don't feel comfortable being alone with her or her child out of fear that another false accusation will arise. I have read in my studies that parents who are neglectful or abusive can sometimes search for a scape goat out of guilt and fear so try to redirect blame that in case something happens they can have a finger to point at. Or she may just be finding an excuse to pull her child. But why not just say so? and why can she never address her issue with me at me, but rather to the owner and my co-workers?
Unregistered 08:16 AM 04-29-2010

I dont give a hoot who knows i am the one reporting them when it comes to my child or grand children more the better may be they will know i mean business.
Unregistered 04:09 AM 05-11-2011
I work at a daycare. I LOVE the kids. A few of the helpers, aka Lead Teachers, one for sure was using the formula, & diapers from another baby-for her child. The Director had to keep the formula in her office. Then this same teacher called the school & claimed the bus driver that picks up a couple of kids, was driving too fast, getting the bus driver in trouble. The bus driver was NOT driving too fast. This same teacher lies, she's rough on the babies, & has no clothes on their bottom 1/2 because SHE'S hot. I touched one of the baby's legs (a 3 month old), & her legs were like popcicles. These babies are coughing now. I feel sorry for the babies & the parents of these precious infants, because the babies have no defense, & the parents don't have a clue. My children would not be recommended here. If I stay...I will be in the infant room after my 7 months of training. Hmm the wrong person is being trained. I'm already being pegged for the state coming in because they had 4 babies instead of the 3 allowed. My hours have been cut by quite a bit. The Director has hired a couple of new teachers because 1 of her people has quit.
greenhouse 05:00 AM 01-14-2012
So you've known about blatant child abuse for "10+ years" and haven't called the police?
Unregistered 08:47 AM 03-19-2012

You are a daycare provider talking like that?? I would have pulled my child out and every other child that was in your center. You are VERY unprofessional!! More than likely the toys were not being cleaned when her child got sick.
Unregistered 08:14 PM 04-10-2012
Where do I find out about complaints and investigations in Georgia?
Michael 12:15 AM 04-11-2012
Where do I find out about complaints and investigations in Georgia?
Try contacting your state's childcare licensing agency:

Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning
10 Park Place South, Suite 600
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone: (404) 657-5562
Toll Free: (888) 4GA-PREK (888-442-7735)
Fax: (404) 657-8936
TGPII 07:03 PM 04-13-2012
I worked at a few private daycares. Do they trash talk each other. I love working with kids but there is a DARK SIDE to childcare. We get into it to work with kids then find out there is BS. It was/is hard for me to put the trash talk aside and focus on children.
TGPII 07:06 PM 04-13-2012

How is that done? Unless the person is on the pickup list and gives me an ID I would never send a child with them. How is the place even open?
TGPII 07:08 PM 04-13-2012

Even if you have no education, wipe a child like you wipe yourself.
TGPII 07:10 PM 04-13-2012
I worked at a daycare I did not like some things. I got a job at another daycare. The state licensing rep remembered me. She said the owners of the other place are politically connected otherwise she do whatever she could to pull there license! I have had places not just violate DCFS rules but labor laws.
TGPII 11:26 PM 05-11-2012
It is very typical for children to get sick when starting a new daycare, espcially within the first 2 weeks of attending a new daycare. This goes for care givers also.
I am sick every time I get a new job.
Unregistered 06:56 AM 05-21-2012
My daughter is 22 months old. We just started potty training. She is doing really well. In the last month (before we started training), she has removed her diaper at nap time 3 times. The first two times my DC rinsed her off. This last time I was called to pick her up. I got the call at 4pm, I picked her up at 4:30 - she was curled up in her playpen, very quiet with no diaper on and her soiled diaper open next to her. I was given a box of wipes to clean her up. The poop was crusted on her arms, legs, and there was a chunk on her face. I don't know how long she was sitting there to have it crusted on. I felt very bad for her to be sitting in it. It has disturbed me all weekend. Everyone I've talked to has said I should report it. I REALLY like my DC and do not want to find another. Since this is the first time this has happened and she has no other complaints, should I just sit down with her and tell her my concerns instead of reporting her?
Crystal 03:22 PM 05-21-2012
My daughter is 22 months old. We just started potty training. She is doing really well. In the last month (before we started training), she has removed her diaper at nap time 3 times. The first two times my DC rinsed her off. This last time I was called to pick her up. I got the call at 4pm, I picked her up at 4:30 - she was curled up in her playpen, very quiet with no diaper on and her soiled diaper open next to her. I was given a box of wipes to clean her up. The poop was crusted on her arms, legs, and there was a chunk on her face. I don't know how long she was sitting there to have it crusted on. I felt very bad for her to be sitting in it. It has disturbed me all weekend. Everyone I've talked to has said I should report it. I REALLY like my DC and do not want to find another. Since this is the first time this has happened and she has no other complaints, should I just sit down with her and tell her my concerns instead of reporting her?
Oh Hell No! You "really like" your DC? This is 100%, absolutely DISGUSTING, UNNACEPTABLE AND PUTTING YOUR CHILD AT RISK!!!! Not only were her needs unmet, she was left to sit in her own waste(whihc can lead to all kinds of bacterial infections), with obviously no sort of attention being given to her for this to happen. This type of thing can lead to lasting issues(pgysically AND emotionally).....and if they are letting you actually witness this type of thing, I can only imagine what goes on when you don't see....

Pull your child NOW, call licensing NOW and do what is right for your child....PROTECT HER!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot beleive you actually are considering, for even one second, allowing her to continue attending when this has actually been witnessed by you....
Kiki 05:11 PM 05-21-2012
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Oh Hell No! You "really like" your DC? This is 100%, absolutely DISGUSTING, UNNACEPTABLE AND PUTTING YOUR CHILD AT RISK!!!! Not only were her needs unmet, she was left to sit in her own waste(whihc can lead to all kinds of bacterial infections), with obviously no sort of attention being given to her for this to happen. This type of thing can lead to lasting issues(pgysically AND emotionally).....and if they are letting you actually witness this type of thing, I can only imagine what goes on when you don't see....

Pull your child NOW, call licensing NOW and do what is right for your child....PROTECT HER!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot beleive you actually are considering, for even one second, allowing her to continue attending when this has actually been witnessed by you....
This. Really. Nothing else can be said.
Unregistered 10:43 AM 07-27-2012
Hello, PLEASE some one help me im trying to put my baby in this daycare KIDS UNIVERSITY PRESCHOOL located in miami florida. And i would like to know how can I view the complaints filled againts them some one help please.....
Blackcat31 02:14 PM 07-27-2012
Hello, PLEASE some one help me im trying to put my baby in this daycare KIDS UNIVERSITY PRESCHOOL located in miami florida. And i would like to know how can I view the complaints filled againts them some one help please.....
Call your area licensing department and ask them about any complaints or correction orders.

You can also interview with the center, spend some time, ask questions and observe. You should be able to get a good feel for the place. Only YOU know if a place is the right place for your child.

Another good way to check out a child care facility is to talk with current and past parents who's children attend or attended there.
melandbel92 08:04 AM 05-30-2014

A UTI isn't something you "catch" from someone else or get from sucking on a cart handle.
Unregistered 06:35 PM 04-21-2015
I think that these posts should be mandatory reading for every person contemplating having children. I would never leave mine for any reason with anyone until the child could talk. Sell your car, live in smaller home, do whatever it takes to stay with your child. Think how "difficult" it is to parent perfectly your own child of two. Now imagine a roomful of sad, angry, lonely ,cranky, almost sick toddlers. How much "care" are those little sweeties receiving? The bratty naughty children get the most attention to prevent them from tearing up. Las room or hurting other children. I ve seen horrible day cares with ,"caretakers" screaming at children and wonderful preschools where the children go home at noon. Children under three need their parents or grandparents. Why would anyone do anything else but take care of their own. Don't have babies if you can't take care of them.
nannyde 11:00 AM 04-25-2015
I think that these posts should be mandatory reading for every person contemplating having children. I would never leave mine for any reason with anyone until the child could talk. Sell your car, live in smaller home, do whatever it takes to stay with your child. Think how "difficult" it is to parent perfectly your own child of two. Now imagine a roomful of sad, angry, lonely ,cranky, almost sick toddlers. How much "care" are those little sweeties receiving? The bratty naughty children get the most attention to prevent them from tearing up. Las room or hurting other children. I ve seen horrible day cares with ,"caretakers" screaming at children and wonderful preschools where the children go home at noon. Children under three need their parents or grandparents. Why would anyone do anything else but take care of their own. Don't have babies if you can't take care of them.
Yikes

I made a two decade career of taking care of kids and none of your concerns were EVER an issue under my care.
NightOwl 01:44 PM 04-25-2015
Double yikes. Sounds like someone had a very bad experience with childcare. I'm sorry that was the case with you, but please don't assume every place is like that. There are countless providers who genuinely love children and take excellent care of them, like the vast majority of people on this forum.
Unregistered 07:15 AM 02-01-2017
The majority of the staff at ABC Daycare is very kind and caring and the center itself is brand new and very attractive. The center is small and homey less than twenty five kids which is comforting to me, Unfortunately that’s where the positives end with this daycare. This daycare is one of the only facilities in town that closes at 5:30pm and has a ZERO leniency on any flexibility or realistic expectations for the working parent. This week was a holiday week, they were closed of course Christmas day, the day after Christmas and the following day.

That takes away Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from our paid care week, I simply asked if she could come on Thursday because they were closed three days this week and we lost days of care that we are required to pay for. The answer? “Absolutely no”! And if I needed her to attend, an extra $10hr for the day, considering I have 30+ unused hours. Since her schedule says she normally won’t attend on Thursdays she is not allowed to come in, even given advance notice. I understand that we have to pay rather she is there or not, but not being allowed to use the full hours we pay for is complete idiocy. I too, would like to get paid for an unearned salary but this situation could not be ideal for any working parent. You pay for a full week 35-45hrs at $250 and you get one day? Not to mention this same week they are closing early Friday at 3pm.

This facility is business first and will not make any accommodations what so ever, I have on multiple occasions paid for dual care. Paid for a nanny while not being allowed to attend daycare and of course paying for daycare because I have to, rather she is present or absent. If you are thinking about ABC Daycare think twice as you will be donating to a facility that will strive to extract the most profit out of you while turning away your child and getting paid in their absence.

I recently put my daughter two weeks notice in and requested a full itemized bill. My fiancé entered the daycare and was turned away before he even got my daughters coat off. He was asked to pay the full balance in cash today for her to attend, although I stated I would pay the full balance Friday (3days from now) and I would not pay cash; out of my two year history there has NEVER been a check that bounced so I didn’t see why I was being bullied to pay cash. He left the facility and thank goodness we have a flexible nanny for backup, as we are used to abandoning our jobs often for illegitimate reasons. In the evening he went to gather her things as we didn’t want to continue this tortuous ride. Upon entering he was told they had took our daughters items and would return them after we had spoke to Sally and that she would decide when we can get her items back!

Out of six employees that instructed me to speak to the owner no one had Sally's phone number, email or a direct line where I could leave a message. I called over to ABC Daycare where Sally is usually located and a employee who most likely lied about her name “Addison” said that the only person I could speak to, Mary. Was giving a tour at 4:30p and was not available, I stressed to her it was very urgent and continued to call and pleaded could she excuse herself from the tour for just a moment to provide me with Sally's phone number? Her answer “No she’s busy and that’s too bad you’ll just have to try again tomorrow and hung up on me” this was at 5:45pm I’m more than sure the duration of the tour didn’t extend an hour plus.

I understand that this a business and that business comes first and the owner Sally has no human side at all and that greed fuels every intention she makes including the decision to withhold my billing statement and intimidate me to pay cash in exchange for holding my daughters items for ransom. I’ve come to a realistic assumption that her businesses are on the decline and given the drastic measures for just two weeks of pay, she is desperately in need and will terrorize and disregard her professionalism to gain every dollar. My experience may be one of a kind but I DO NOT recommend that any parent go down the rabbit hole with either of these daycares, it is truly a nightmare and I hope that I can save a parent the time, money and disrespect that this owner Sally and her employees has shown me and my family.
daycarediva 07:41 AM 02-01-2017
The majority of the staff at ABC Daycare is very kind and caring and the center itself is brand new and very attractive. The center is small and homey less than twenty five kids which is comforting to me, Unfortunately that’s where the positives end with this daycare. This daycare is one of the only facilities in town that closes at 5:30pm and has a ZERO leniency on any flexibility or realistic expectations for the working parent. This week was a holiday week, they were closed of course Christmas day, the day after Christmas and the following day.

That takes away Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from our paid care week, I simply asked if she could come on Thursday because they were closed three days this week and we lost days of care that we are required to pay for. The answer? “Absolutely no”! And if I needed her to attend, an extra $10hr for the day, considering I have 30+ unused hours. Since her schedule says she normally won’t attend on Thursdays she is not allowed to come in, even given advance notice. I understand that we have to pay rather she is there or not, but not being allowed to use the full hours we pay for is complete idiocy. I too, would like to get paid for an unearned salary but this situation could not be ideal for any working parent. You pay for a full week 35-45hrs at $250 and you get one day? Not to mention this same week they are closing early Friday at 3pm.

This facility is business first and will not make any accommodations what so ever, I have on multiple occasions paid for dual care. Paid for a nanny while not being allowed to attend daycare and of course paying for daycare because I have to, rather she is present or absent. If you are thinking about ABC Daycare think twice as you will be donating to a facility that will strive to extract the most profit out of you while turning away your child and getting paid in their absence.

I recently put my daughter two weeks notice in and requested a full itemized bill. My fiancé entered the daycare and was turned away before he even got my daughters coat off. He was asked to pay the full balance in cash today for her to attend, although I stated I would pay the full balance Friday (3days from now) and I would not pay cash; out of my two year history there has NEVER been a check that bounced so I didn’t see why I was being bullied to pay cash. He left the facility and thank goodness we have a flexible nanny for backup, as we are used to abandoning our jobs often for illegitimate reasons. In the evening he went to gather her things as we didn’t want to continue this tortuous ride. Upon entering he was told they had took our daughters items and would return them after we had spoke to Sally and that she would decide when we can get her items back!

Out of six employees that instructed me to speak to the owner no one had Sally's phone number, email or a direct line where I could leave a message. I called over to ABC Daycare where Sally is usually located and a employee who most likely lied about her name “Addison” said that the only person I could speak to, Mary. Was giving a tour at 4:30p and was not available, I stressed to her it was very urgent and continued to call and pleaded could she excuse herself from the tour for just a moment to provide me with Sally's phone number? Her answer “No she’s busy and that’s too bad you’ll just have to try again tomorrow and hung up on me” this was at 5:45pm I’m more than sure the duration of the tour didn’t extend an hour plus.

I understand that this a business and that business comes first and the owner Sally has no human side at all and that greed fuels every intention she makes including the decision to withhold my billing statement and intimidate me to pay cash in exchange for holding my daughters items for ransom. I’ve come to a realistic assumption that her businesses are on the decline and given the drastic measures for just two weeks of pay, she is desperately in need and will terrorize and disregard her professionalism to gain every dollar. My experience may be one of a kind but I DO NOT recommend that any parent go down the rabbit hole with either of these daycares, it is truly a nightmare and I hope that I can save a parent the time, money and disrespect that this owner Sally and her employees has shown me and my family.
You do realize that you agreed to the policies of this center upon enrollment and signed contracts agreeing to that, right?

You do also realize that asking for your child to attend a day that you didn't pay/schedule could probably put the center out of ratio, right?

Gemma 04:09 AM 02-02-2017
Parents have an extremely hard time handling situations that we are expected to handle on a daily basis.
I agree 100%
Tags:complaint
Reply Up