Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:30 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Legos!!

I have kids in daycare from 11 months old through 4 years during the day and then 3 Before & afterschool kids....I am running out of ideas where to let my "big" kids play legos without the little ones getting ahold of them! Help! I have tried sectioning off an area but it always seems to be an issue with gates being knocked down, etc. Looking for any ideas you may have!!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 01:39 PM

Kitchen Table

Big legos (Duplos) only

Use a SuperYard to the big kids IN and the little kids OUT. As in--make the Superyard a circle and put the bigs inside it. They usually love that kind of thing.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
Kitchen Table

Big legos (Duplos) only

Use a SuperYard to the big kids IN and the little kids OUT. As in--make the Superyard a circle and put the bigs inside it. They usually love that kind of thing.
Those are good ideas. Anywhere you can block off.

I used to use my formal dining room, but that is now my school room.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I let my kids play the little legos outside on teh beach mat. I have some super strick rules about their play and if they break it once they are out!!

I should also mention this is the first group I ahve had in 7 years that has played with them the 'right way'........

This is nearly the ONLY thing they play nice and will sit and build for hours with great imagination. I am still brainstorming a way for them to play inside without the risk of my littles getting ahold of any small peices....the BIG legos don't seem to have the same magic
Old 10-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have both the big and little legos that the S/A play with behind a baby gated room, so the toddlers and infants cannot get to them. They entertain them for hours and it safe and secure.

Tags
age appropriate - toys, age appropriate - zones, legos, toys - legos