Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2 3  ... Last
Parents and Guardians Forum>Operating an Unlicensed Daycare
Stephan 11:07 AM 09-14-2007
My next door neighbor appears to be operating an unlicensed daycare in a residential area of our sub-division. I know that unlicensed daycare operations can be legal under certain Indiana law requirements. Can you tell me what the law says about operating an unlicensed daycare in a residential area in the state of Indiana. Thank you.
Director 11:11 AM 09-14-2007
It looks like the family facility would need a license. Here are the
exceptions: http://www.in.gov/fssa/carefinder/pdf/Rule1.1.pdf

470 IAC 3-1.1-25 Minimum standards

Sec. 26. Licensing is not required for a child care home if the provider:
(1) does not receive regular compensation;
(2) cares only for children who are related to the provider;
(3) cares for less than six (6) children, not including children for whom the provider is a parent, stepparent, guardian,
custodian, or other relative; or
(4) operates to serve migrant children.
(Division of Family Resources; 470 IAC 3-1.1-26; filed Nov 14, 1991, 1:00 p.m.: 15 IR 496; filed Jul 3, 1996, 5:00 p.m.: 19 IR 3061;
readopted filed Jul 12, 2001, 1:40 p.m.: 24 IR 4235)
470 IAC 3-1.1-27 Application for licensure
Authority: IC 12-13-5-3
Affected: IC 12-17.2
Sec. 27. Application for a license to operate a child care home must be submitted by the applicant every two (2) years to the
COFC on forms provided for that purpose by the CDFC. (Division of Family Resources; 470 IAC 3-1.1-27; filed Nov 14, 1991, 1:00
p.m.: 15 IR 497; filed Jul 3, 1996, 5:00 p.m.: 19 IR 3061; readopted filed Jul 12, 2001, 1:40 p.m.: 24 IR 4235)

You should call your state's licensing agency if you feel they are in violation. It takes the community to make sure our children are always safe and protected under the law. https://www.daycare.com/indiana

Child Care Licensing Agency
Division of Family Resources
Bureau of Child Development - Licensing Section
402 West Washington Street, Room W-386
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Phone: (317) 232-1144
Toll Free: (877) 511-1144
Fax: (317) 234-1513
Unregistered 03:10 PM 10-05-2007
You can find your states requirements here: https://www.daycare.com/states.html
Unregistered 03:11 PM 10-05-2007
How do you know she is unlicensed, did you ask her?
Unregistered 06:05 AM 05-23-2008
People need to mind there business. If she is not bothering you, then why are you worried. Let that woman make her money. If she was abusing or neglecting the children, nobody would have anything to say. That's what is wrong with the world today, people report the wrong things.
Unregistered 04:21 AM 05-25-2008
"People need to mind there business. If she is not bothering you, then why are you worried. Let that woman make her money. If she was abusing or neglecting the children, nobody would have anything to say. That's what is wrong with the world today, people report the wrong things."

First of all, get yourself a spellchecker.....it's THEIR not THERE. Further, unlicensed daycare cast a pall upon all the good care providers out there that follow the law. What's wrong with the world is people like you that think only certain laws and statutes are important. Operating an unlicensed day care is the equivalent of operating a restaurant without the proper safety and cleanliness guidelines. If the woman wants to "make her money" then let her comply with the same statutes and laws that licensed day care facilities must abide by.
Unregistered 12:29 AM 05-27-2008
I agree, people need to mind their own business. Unless you have witnessed neglect, it is none of your business. What you "think" you know may not be "fact".
commonsense 01:36 AM 06-02-2008
Yes, you should care. If that person is running an unlicensed daycare, they most likely won't be following safety guidelines either. In this day and age, unfortunately, people are really messed up. If you have concerns. Call. The authorities would much rather check it out and it be fine then you not call and the children be not taken care of properly, or worse.
mac60 12:48 AM 06-03-2008
Originally Posted by commonsense:
Yes, you should care. If that person is running an unlicensed daycare, they most likely won't be following safety guidelines either. In this day and age, unfortunately, people are really messed up. If you have concerns. Call. The authorities would much rather check it out and it be fine then you not call and the children be not taken care of properly, or worse.
This statement is not true. Just because someone runs an unlicensed daycare, DOES NOT mean they are not following the safety guidelines. I am an unlicensed daycare and follow the guidelines of my state. Just because someone isn't licensed does not mean they do not operate a quality program. I am sure just as there are "bad" unlicensed providers, there are just as many "bad" licensed providers. In my opinion, it simply comes down to people not minding their own business.
Unregistered 06:52 AM 06-03-2008
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
"People need to mind there business. If she is not bothering you, then why are you worried. Let that woman make her money. If she was abusing or neglecting the children, nobody would have anything to say. That's what is wrong with the world today, people report the wrong things."

First of all, get yourself a spellchecker.....it's THEIR not THERE. Further, unlicensed daycare cast a pall upon all the good care providers out there that follow the law. What's wrong with the world is people like you that think only certain laws and statutes are important. Operating an unlicensed day care is the equivalent of operating a restaurant without the proper safety and cleanliness guidelines. If the woman wants to "make her money" then let her comply with the same statutes and laws that licensed day care facilities must abide by.
More children are hurt at licensed day care than at unlicensed day care. How does a piece of paper make a difference as to what kind of care you provide?
I know parents that have pulled their children from licensed day care to put them in unlicensed. Here in our town a woman was arrested for abusing(pretty badly) her own daughter and guess what she was a licensed day care provider. Oh and hey the lady down the street has a unlicensed daycare and guess what ....she has never done time or abused any children. So abuse and neglect can happen anywhere at anytime. Just because you have had someone from the state come in and tell you what needs to be done and how to run your business doesn't mean that all Unlicensed day care are bad or hurtful to children!!! Oh and its Spell Check. Not spellcheck!
Unregistered 04:29 AM 06-06-2008
From what I have read you all are rite. What some of you are missing is that it is about the kids at the day care. Are you really seeing abuse or are you just ticked off at the "care" provider.
We have an day care next to us in our subdivision, Unlicensed, police record, pool without a locked gate (or any gate for that matter), 12-15 kids at one time, screaming and yelling at the kids all day long, the list goes on and on. But what can we do about it? We have made several calls, yet CPS is so back logged they have yet to do anything about it. We worry our selves sick about the kids over there, wondering when we are going to find one face down in the pool.
To all of you that say mind your own business, I can't. To those who are throwing accusations around, please be careful. And to all of us, remember what is most important, the wellbeing of our children.
Unregistered 09:03 AM 06-25-2008
Are those of you protecting the unlicensed provider who are also unlicensed paying taxes on your earnings?
mac60 01:59 PM 06-25-2008
Are those of you protecting the unlicensed provider who are also unlicensed paying taxes on your earnings?
Please don't make assumptions like this about unlicensed providers. I have been a provider for 9 years and done it legally every step of the way. I am beginning to think that many of you are just jealous that some of us have build a good business and actually making a living at it. Plain and simply....unless you know it is FACT, mind your own business.
Unregistered 05:57 AM 07-08-2008
Originally Posted by mac60:
Please don't make assumptions like this about unlicensed providers. I have been a provider for 9 years and done it legally every step of the way. I am beginning to think that many of you are just jealous that some of us have build a good business and actually making a living at it. Plain and simply....unless you know it is FACT, mind your own business.
Amen! I think this is the biggest misconception about unlicensed providers! I too have been a provider for quite some time now and have also done it legally every step of the way! In other words.....I pay my taxes just like you!!!! I would also like to add that if you were to break down my weekly rate it only adds up to be about 1.90 and hour when i am entitled to at least min. wage!! So let me ask you this, would you work for 1.90 and hour or even min. wage at your job? Oh and please keep in mind that i do have 15 years under my belt!!! So please don't assume!
Unregistered 07:08 PM 07-22-2008
[Go online and google it-or call your daycare licensing department-EASY as PIE- LOL
Unregistered 05:04 AM 07-23-2008
If you choose someone who is unlicensed, be sure they are following the law. In Minnesota a person may do unlicensed care if they care for relatives and one unrelated family. This includes the caregiver’s own children.

A person cannot do unlicensed care if they have applied for child care and they were denied a license, had their license revoked, or their license is currently suspended. You can check if a person has had a negative action on a license by calling your county’s social service licensing department,

If a person is caring for more children and is doing so illegally, you may have your child care disrupted by the fact that they may be cited for illegal child care. This could cause a problem in looking for alternative care without having the time to choose carefully, as well as being a disruption to your child. Using illegal unlicensed care is risky and ill-advised.

There is nothing wrong with being unlicensed-but being licensed has so many more benefits-:-)
Missiw22 05:39 PM 07-30-2008
I was wondering if someone could help me find out what the regulations are for an unlicensed childcare provider in the state of NY. I've been trying to figure it out and keep coming to dead ends because everything I've found is about licensed care! I already do childcare but I've gotten so many contradictory answers from people on another site that I'm really confused now! I don't know where to turn. I want to be sure that I'm following my state's regulations properly.
Unregistered 10:33 PM 08-28-2008
People need to mind there business. If she is not bothering you, then why are you worried. Let that woman make her money. If she was abusing or neglecting the children, nobody would have anything to say. That's what is wrong with the world today, people report the wrong things.

When would you say it becomes our business? How about when the parents parking for dropoff/pick-up block the area designated for MY vehicles or MY guests as they hang out and chat for twenty minutes every afternoon? How about when they actually block MY DRIVEWAY? How about when they hit MY CAR PARKED IN FRONT OF MY OWN HOME as they barrel out of the daycare's driveway? How about when a daycare parent parks in front on my home for well over an hour, blocking my garbage can and causing the weekly pick-up to skip collection at my home for the week?

Hmmm?

All happened.

Is it MY business then?

YOUR business should not interfere with me or my residence. If and when it does, then it becomes MY business.

These rules and regulations exist for a reason.

Oh, and btw, I happened to run a LICENSED home daycare for several years. So, yes, you better believe I will report anything not on the up-and-up.
lilbiddapopcorn 10:59 PM 08-29-2008
When would you say it becomes our business? How about when the parents parking for dropoff/pick-up block the area designated for MY vehicles or MY guests as they hang out and chat for twenty minutes every afternoon? How about when they actually block MY DRIVEWAY? How about when they hit MY CAR PARKED IN FRONT OF MY OWN HOME as they barrel out of the daycare's driveway? How about when a daycare parent parks in front on my home for well over an hour, blocking my garbage can and causing the weekly pick-up to skip collection at my home for the week?

Hmmm?

All happened.

Is it MY business then?

YOUR business should not interfere with me or my residence. If and when it does, then it becomes MY business.

Oh, and btw, I happened to run a LICENSED home daycare for several years. So, yes, you better believe I will report anything not on the up-and-up.
All that could happen even with the provider being licensed if she lived next to you. And the original post that brought on this discussion didn't say it was the provider's choice of business that upset him/her it was whether or not they're licensed to care for children. Like a lot of other posts here, i'm wondering, unless there's neglect or abuse going on, why would you bother checking up on her? I mean, what are you going to do if she is licensed? Just a thought.
Unregistered 07:34 PM 09-19-2008
Originally Posted by lilbiddapopcorn:
All that could happen even with the provider being licensed if she lived next to you. And the original post that brought on this discussion didn't say it was the provider's choice of business that upset him/her it was whether or not they're licensed to care for children. Like a lot of other posts here, i'm wondering, unless there's neglect or abuse going on, why would you bother checking up on her? I mean, what are you going to do if she is licensed? Just a thought.
Actually, I have since checked up on her and SURPRISE, she wasn't licensed. Yes, all these things can happen with a licensed daycare -- I never said it couldn't. I responded to a post saying if a daycare isn't bothering you, it's none of your business. I was pointing out how a neighbor's daycare IS open for judgment by any of the surrounding home owners.

Like I said, I ran a licensed daycare for years. There is a way to do it and not disturb the surrounding residents. Unfortunately, people who don't follow the law as far as licensing goes, tend to not care about being a nuisance to their neighbors, either. It goes hand in hand.
Unregistered 07:15 PM 09-20-2008
okay, so she is UNLICENSED, so now what is YOUR next move????
Unregistered 08:16 AM 09-24-2008
Actually, I have since checked up on her and SURPRISE, she wasn't licensed. Yes, all these things can happen with a licensed daycare -- I never said it couldn't. I responded to a post saying if a daycare isn't bothering you, it's none of your business. I was pointing out how a neighbor's daycare IS open for judgment by any of the surrounding home owners.

Like I said, I ran a licensed daycare for years. There is a way to do it and not disturb the surrounding residents. Unfortunately, people who don't follow the law as far as licensing goes, tend to not care about being a nuisance to their neighbors, either. It goes hand in hand.
Really cause i run a unlicensed daycare and i have never had a problem with my neighbors!! And you know what, I can run an "private daycare", its my right and my "private daycare" is legit and legal. Like i said before licensed or unlicensed, doesn't determine the type of care that you provide.
Unregistered 06:31 PM 10-02-2008
Running an unlicensed daycare does typically say "the type of care you do provide". If it is a state law that you MUST be licensed to run a daycare in your state, then you SHOULD be LICENSED. If you can break that law, what other laws could you be breaking??? It is not difficult to get daycare licensing. The law is there for a reason. It is to govern daycare providers so that they follow the rules and regulations for that business. The state has this law so that in case there is a problem with the care your child(ren) are receiving in a daycare, it can be handled. I myself, as a parent DO WANT A LICENSED DAYARE PROVIDER FOR MY CHILDREN. I am willing to pay the going rate or more for a licensed daycare provider just for the peace of mind of knowing that that provider and whoever is in her household that will be around my children have a complete criminal background check for the safety of my children. Why would anyone put their childs safety or life in someone else's hand without checking them out first. Being a licensed daycare provider, I at least know that the place has to be inspected for safety and that there will be random unnotified inspections that the provider will receive as well as having to go to classes to update her knowledge as being a daycare provider; such as CPR, First Aid, how to discipline, ect. And by the way, what reason would you not have as to getting licensed? Do you not want to claim your income at tax time? Wake up people, there alot of crazy nuts out there as it is, why would you even think about risking the safety of your child. I am not saying that all unlicensed daycare providers are this way but what is the downfall in NOT BEING LICENSED? Besides, being a licensed daycare provider will get you more business. When parents are looking for daycare they usually call the state licensing office for a list of providers in their area. And to be on the side of the licensed providers, I give them much credit for dealing with the crap that they have to go through in order to be a LIGITIMATE LICENSED DAYCARE PROVIDER. My neighbor is also a non-licensed daycare provider and it erks me to no end that she provides daycare to other peoples children when she neglects the 3 kids she has (ages 10, 6, ans 3). I can say this because she pawns her kids as well as her daycare kids off in my yard so that they can play with my children and I end up watching them so that they don't get hurt, while she sits on her A** all day with her husband (who doesn't work because he was fired for watching **** on the computer at his job). This is one of those reasons why I say GET A LICENSED DAYCARE PROVIDER so that everyone that is around your children can be checked out. Better to be safe then sorry. Your child only has 1 life!!! A caring mother in Laurel, Delaware.
Unregistered 07:58 AM 10-03-2008
Running an unlicensed daycare does typically say "the type of care you do provide". If it is a state law that you MUST be licensed to run a daycare in your state, then you SHOULD be LICENSED. If you can break that law, what other laws could you be breaking??? It is not difficult to get daycare licensing. The law is there for a reason. It is to govern daycare providers so that they follow the rules and regulations for that business. The state has this law so that in case there is a problem with the care your child(ren) are receiving in a daycare, it can be handled. I myself, as a parent DO WANT A LICENSED DAYARE PROVIDER FOR MY CHILDREN. I am willing to pay the going rate or more for a licensed daycare provider just for the peace of mind of knowing that that provider and whoever is in her household that will be around my children have a complete criminal background check for the safety of my children. Why would anyone put their childs safety or life in someone else's hand without checking them out first. Being a licensed daycare provider, I at least know that the place has to be inspected for safety and that there will be random unnotified inspections that the provider will receive as well as having to go to classes to update her knowledge as being a daycare provider; such as CPR, First Aid, how to discipline, ect. And by the way, what reason would you not have as to getting licensed? Do you not want to claim your income at tax time? Wake up people, there alot of crazy nuts out there as it is, why would you even think about risking the safety of your child. I am not saying that all unlicensed daycare providers are this way but what is the downfall in NOT BEING LICENSED? Besides, being a licensed daycare provider will get you more business. When parents are looking for daycare they usually call the state licensing office for a list of providers in their area. And to be on the side of the licensed providers, I give them much credit for dealing with the crap that they have to go through in order to be a LIGITIMATE LICENSED DAYCARE PROVIDER. My neighbor is also a non-licensed daycare provider and it erks me to no end that she provides daycare to other peoples children when she neglects the 3 kids she has (ages 10, 6, ans 3). I can say this because she pawns her kids as well as her daycare kids off in my yard so that they can play with my children and I end up watching them so that they don't get hurt, while she sits on her A** all day with her husband (who doesn't work because he was fired for watching **** on the computer at his job). This is one of those reasons why I say GET A LICENSED DAYCARE PROVIDER so that everyone that is around your children can be checked out. Better to be safe then sorry. Your child only has 1 life!!! A caring mother in Laurel, Delaware.
And ya know that is your right as a parent to prefer a licensed daycare provider. However, it is not state law that i be licensed if i only keep certin amount of children.So I'm not breaking the law! Also what makes you think that unlicensed daycare providers donn't claim there income? I pay my taxes just like everyone else. And another thing, you don't have to "licensed" to take child care courses! I am certified CPR (Adult, infant and child) and i also have 15 years of education all related to my career. All paid for out of my pocket! I have excellent references and a clean background. Oh ya, and i did nanny for 5 years for a family. I'm sorry but just because i don't hold that LICENSE doesn't mean that I am uneducated or a bad daycare provider. FYI: i haven't had to advertise for 5 years now, i operate on word of mouth and i also have a 6 month waiting list. Hows that for UNLICENSED.
Unregistered 07:30 PM 10-03-2008
If you have all the background that you state then you should know better than anyone why you should be licensed, professionalism being top on your list and keeping up with the most current ECE theories and requirements.
Unregistered 02:12 PM 10-23-2008
You are way out of line. Just b/c she is inlicsenced it does not mean that she is not followign safety guidlines. There are many licsenced centers that do not follow proper safety codes. It needs to be the responsibility of the parents and the daycare provider. Unless there is abuse or neglect, it should not involve the neighbor.
You should not speculate the reasons of someone who would choose to not become licsenced. You do not know her situation. Perhaps she is just starting out. You are probably unaware but it takes a lot of time and money to become licsenced. The pay is not consistant, and after taking care of expenses it is not as much as you would think. Very few people have the time and money to become licsenced before starting to get families in their daycare. I run a home daycare.I am not licsenced, for a few diff reasons. One is that the work hasn't been consistant enough for me to take the time and spend the money needed to become licsenced. Another reason is that I only plan on being a provider for a few years , until my kids go back to school. And the biggest reason is that None of my parents give a hoot. THey all love me, and it is because I know what I am doing, and they know they can trust me.
uno 06:07 PM 10-27-2008
If you have all the background that you state then you should know better than anyone why you should be licensed, professionalism being top on your list and keeping up with the most current ECE theories and requirements.
when speaking of ECE theories and requirements that pertains to and I quote "curriculum in a "Head Start" program which is designed to meet the needs of each child. One goal is to build self-esteem that is seen as necessary to future success in school. Staff encourage self-confidence, curiosity, and self-discipline. A variety of learning experiences are designed to meet the children's needs in the various areas of development. Staff should work as a team to implement the new government issued curriculum and teach children, based on their interest and in a fun way. Parent involvement should be the heart of the program. Preschool children must be provided with early literacy, awareness and intervention in order to perform better during the later years. This will lead the to success once they enter schools,and put them on the right track by being well prepared with the right and appropriate equipment."
you are speaking to "home day care providers about home day care issues!"
these are two seperate and distincts entities.
it would behoove you to use knowledgeable descretion when doling out advice.
Unregistered 11:57 AM 11-21-2008
This statement is not true. Just because someone runs an unlicensed daycare, DOES NOT mean they are not following the safety guidelines. I am an unlicensed daycare and follow the guidelines of my state. Just because someone isn't licensed does not mean they do not operate a quality program. I am sure just as there are "bad" unlicensed providers, there are just as many "bad" licensed providers. In my opinion, it simply comes down to people not minding their own business.
I agree with you on that because I am also an unlicensed provider who follows the state regulations but it is so costly to become licensed that I am not able to afford it right now. There is the rule of no more than 5 unrelated children in care at one time and I do follow that also. That is the law and I do not have any intention of violating that. Are there a ton of children at the house? Have you witnessed them being not watched?? I feel that I am providing a service to my town because of the quality of the licensed providers and ministries in the area. Just because I do not have a piece of paper on the wall does not mean that I do not provide quality childcare.
Unregistered 08:42 AM 11-22-2008

Hmmm?

All happened.

Is it MY business then?

I think that if they are affecting you with their business then it is a good idea to try to talk to them about it. Whomever is running the daycare should speak to the parents about where to park (or not park) for pick up or drop offs. Its just common sense, they should be more considerate of their neighbors.

I used to pick up my friends daughter from daycare all the time and I was very careful where I parked so I didnt upset the neighbors. Too many people just dont think about anyone else but themselves.
Unregistered 03:05 PM 11-22-2008
People seriously need to get a life and get their noses out of everyone else's.

To begin with.. 5 kids plus her own kids would look like a LOT of kids to the unexperienced eye. So she may be unlicensed but that doesn't mean she's operating illegally.

Secondly, just because someone is unlicensed does not mean they don't pay taxes. I have been unlicensed for 16 years and was licensed 6 years before that. I've always paid my taxes, so get over yourselves.

Thirdly.. It is true that more kids are hurt in licensed facilities than unlicensed. BUT, that doesn't mean that licensed is bad. But being licensed doesn't mean the facility is good either. It may just mean that more people choose to become licensed so they can get on the food program. So it stands to reason that there would be more children hurt in licensed facilities. For one thing, licensed facilities almost ALWAYS have more kids and more kids are more difficult to manage. I provide a much better service as a small unlicensed caregiver than I did when I was licensed for 10 kids all by myself PLUS my own 3 children that don't count against me in my state.

I've been in business 22 years without a single accident in my home. I pay my taxes and make a decent living. My parents and kids are happy.
Ms.Sue 03:07 PM 11-23-2008
my question is the same as one of the other posts ---how do you know 100% that this person is UN-licensed???????????????????

Ms.Sue
Unregistered 08:32 PM 12-13-2008
you could always go over there and talk to her, maybe just ask her how she runs it, ask her if you can look around because you might want to put a friends kid in there. Most providers if they are running it correctly have no fears and have a open door policy! Be interested in the profession and be a good neighbour!
Unregistered 11:40 AM 12-22-2008
I also run an unlicensed child care. I only keep 3 children at a time (I could keep up to 5), I claim every bit of my earnings and pay taxes on them, and I also operate by word of mouth parents. I have never had a parent who has not introduced me to another parent who needs childcare and I have had to turn down many families. I think it all boils down to children's safety. Obviously the parents who put their children in unlicensed child care know the risks. Hopefully these parents would do their own inspecting before they would leave their children with someone they didn't know. I do agree that if there is any suspicion that the children are being mistreated authorities should be called, but it sounds like you are a bitter neighbor who's conflict is neighbor issues, not issues of the wellbeing of the children. Contact the neighbor and then authorities if they block your driveway, contact them if your car is hit, contact them if there is any other neighboring problems. Don't assume that things aren't legit if you have no proof. There are many people who would rather someone they know watch their children in a home environment than put them in a licensed daycare that have 8-12 children per adult.
Unregistered 06:37 PM 12-22-2008
Originally Posted by Ms.Sue:
my question is the same as one of the other posts ---how do you know 100% that this person is UN-licensed???????????????????

Ms.Sue

The only things that should matter are:

Do you see unattended kids, do you see them playing outside (are they happy, are they running into the street, etc...), does she leave them with teens, etc... If you see or hear something that doesn't sound right, then you should call licensing and let them know, they can check it out (don't call unless you feel you have reason to), the most important thing is the kids safety and well being.
If you see more than the allowed # of kids (for being licensed or unlicensed in your state).
If you are unsure, you can ask her (tell her you want to find out about her daycare, how she runs it, her policies, etc...).
You just might see she has a great daycare and learn something about being self employed and running a daycare. You could find out she is licensed or unlicensed and she follows the law or you could find out she is breaking the law. You could end up really liking the way she runs her daycare and be word of mouth advertising and referring her business to parents.
Unregistered 01:06 PM 01-16-2009
I was just looking up the laws concerning watching two children in my unlicensed home and trying to make sure I was educating myself on our tax laws as well when I ran across this. I would just like to say I am quiting my part time job due to my child not getting proper care from a licensed provider and was approached immediately about watching a friends children who also had this same experience. The only person upset with me doing this is the LICENSED provider who thinks I am taking business. There are plenty of shady things going on in her house, and even after being reported no one seems to care. She steals more money from the state than she pays in taxes!
Unregistered 05:42 PM 02-05-2009
I know a person who does unlicensed daycare in her home under a "fake" business name. The "business" name is not registered in the state or any other database as a business therefore there is no EID or tax ID number. I personally know she is unlicensed because she told me so. I also know she has had 6-8 kids at one time, including her two children. She requires mounds of paperwork with poorly written "legal-ese" in it. She stated that she claims the daycare income on her taxes, but when asked for her SSN or tax ID for me to claim the daycare expenses on my taxes, she refused. Sounds shady to me. She also claims to "own" 5 businesses...they're no more than websites that she apparently scams money from people through., but that's beside the point here.

This, in my opinion, is someone who should be reported.
Unregistered 07:58 AM 02-09-2009
What are the consequences from operating an UNLICENSED daycare in IL? Is there a fine to pay? I am unlicensed and have run a home daycare for 3 1/2 years now. ALL the parents that I babysit for KNOW that I am unlicensed, it isn't something that I hide. And I claim ALL OF MY INCOME! I give them my SSN at the end of the year with a total of daycare paid. Everything is completely safe but I'm just not licensed. The process is going to require me to take time off AND find a daycare to put my own children in. I'm worried about being turned in for NOT being licensed.

I hate to put the parents out when they DON'T CARE if I'm licensed or not. They are going to have to make other arrangements while I take these classes.
Unregistered 12:12 PM 02-09-2009
You don't have to take any classes to be licensed in Illinois, except first aid/CPR, and those classes are usually on the weekend. Other than getting a TB test, physical, and home visit there aren't too many other requirements (other than safety standards in the home) There is annual training hours you have to take, but those can be easily accumulated through food programs and maybe a couple weekend workshops or meetings with a home childcare provider association. Where I could see you getting hit is the home visits from DCFS if you have a bunch of children present. I'm not sure what would happen there. It might be worth your time just to find some information out from you local Childcare Resource and Referral agency.
tymaboy 04:53 PM 02-09-2009
Not all states require that you be licensed. I do no think that in IL it is required.
Unregistered 08:26 AM 03-25-2009
If you want to run a business, follow the laws of your state!!
Unregistered 12:33 PM 04-06-2009
Interesting all of this speculation. I am an RN part time weekends, and have been providing in home child care for 17 years. No accidents ever. I have certainly had poor parents enter my home and after asking them to leave they always then threaten DHS or CPS. Never prior to angering them. I am choosy about who I allow in my home and run a very structured fun and safe daycare. I sometimes over the years have even bigger groups than I should due to growing families that have been with me already for years past. Its hard to let them go. They become like family. I pay taxes always. I spend a great deal of the 110.00 I make (per child) on my daycare whether it be cleaning supplies, food , toys or other activities. I pay a helper for when we go on outings 7.25 per hour and I love the kids I watch. They are my family. I refuse to treat them as if they are part of a business. I have all of the training one could need. CPR infant CPR. I AM NOT Licensed!! It requires only half of the training I have and is somewhat costly. I have great credentials and have no room at this time for more children. Why would anyone call and ask for an investigation of my home other than vengeance? Read the paper and see what the states are given that almighty piece of paper to. Please use CPS for a better purpose than just stirring up trouble for an unknown person. Make better use of their time.
Smiles 08:57 AM 04-27-2009
I felt I should add to this topic after reading the posts. I am currently an unlicensed home care provider. I owned a large center for 10 years that was licensed. Hard as I tried, my staff didn't always follow the rules when they thought no one was looking. Having a license DOES NOT mean that the rules are being followed. In fact, I think that unlicensed providers work harder to follow the rules because they have more to lose if they dont. If a licensed provider doesn't was his or her hands after a diaper change? They get written up, but they don't lose their business. If an unlicensed provider doesn't wash? It becomes a federal case and she is closed down.

I am unlicensed because I do not believe having a license makes you a good caregiver and I do not believe in the system. I have seen the people who work for the state first hand and I have seen the inconsistancy and lack of knowledge these people posess. I believe child care is between the parent and the provider. End of story. If a parent is happy, they will stay where they are. If they are unhappy, they will leave. Child abuse and neglect is a sad fact of life. But it will happen, license or not. Parents should take responsiblilty to ensure their children are safe. By putting their faith in a system that is outdated, underfunded and often run by people with no background in early childhood education parents have a false sense of trust. Parents visit the daycare everyday. How often does the state visit the center?

Just my 2 cents
Unregistered 05:19 PM 05-01-2009
As a parent I had better luck and better care at an unlicensed daycare. MY child was abused at the licensed daycare. The turnover rate was so high that I never really got to know anyone. At least with the unlicensed I dealt with one person the whole time. With the unlicensed I got to interview the actual person that would be caring for my child. At the unlicensed childcare my daughter always hugged the lady and and said I love you and at the licensed she would cry before we would go. So, those of you badmouthing unlicensed you should think about the fact that it is expensive to get licensed.
Unregistered 09:57 PM 05-02-2009
The laws are different in every state. They are easy to find through the internet. I do believe that there are good and bad licensed and unlicensed care. If you have more children than your state allows you should be licensed. It's the law, no matter what your reasons are, if you break the law and get caught you pay the price. It then doesn't matter if you were a great childcare provider or not, you pay the price.
Unregistered 12:21 PM 05-17-2009
My son was in a licensed daycare owned by a district attorney!!! but managed by a college aged male. I wish someone had NOT minded their business when it came to my child. As a result, my son was bit on the shoulder so hard that you could see the meat and bone! My son was 8 and the other child was 9!! Not ONE SINGLE adult was in the room when it occurred. This other boy had hit my son before and harrassed other kids at the daycare. A parent saw the incidents with the hitting and such and never reported it. Some people near the daycare knew about the kids being forced to run 2 miles in 102 degree weather and other horrific things! NOT ONE PERSON CALLED THE STATE ON THIS!!!!! If they had, my son would not have been bitten so badly or hit since this boy began coming to the daycare after the running of the two miles. It was my child's OWN parent that had to save my son and I was the one who had to get the daycare shut down. The problem with the world today is that "no one wants to get involved" In other cultures, the whole community helps raise the children and it used to be like that in America. Helping children is not be nosey or being out of line. Telling someone how to raise or discipline their own child is wrong but best believe itf I see you abusing your own child or someone else's I'm your worst nightmare. I don't think you should assume or make up stuff but if you see something that just doesn't seem right, call it in. People will call in abuse to an animal before abuse to a child! How does that make sense? Do you know what the people said when they saw the children running in the heat (with no water bottles EITHER)? They told me "Well, it wasn't MY child so I didn't think it was important." That is the most appalling thing I have EVER heard. Needless to say, my son has never gone to another daycare since and my newborn won't either. Sometimes you are the only voice that child has.....use it for them! I worked 8 years with abused children and adults, an elementary teacher, and now a stay at home mom with an unlicensed daycare. I do not plan to get licensed either but it doesn't make me any less of a childcare provider. With my passion for children and wanting to advocate for children, you WANT your child in a daycare like mine. I have an open door policy with 8 cameras in my home for parents to watch their child during the day on the computer if they choose. Do a background check and get neighbor references on any home daycare...call the police and ask if they have or had any calls from that home during or after hours...spend the day with the provider...do whatever you need to for your peace of mind. I would pull a child if you have ANY red flags in your head about something they do that you don't like.
sweetcinna 05:17 PM 05-21-2009
Just yesterday they had a report on a child that had died in a New York Licesned Daycare. I wish i had the link.
mac60 08:51 AM 05-22-2009
Originally Posted by Smiles:
I felt I should add to this topic after reading the posts. I am currently an unlicensed home care provider. I owned a large center for 10 years that was licensed. Hard as I tried, my staff didn't always follow the rules when they thought no one was looking. Having a license DOES NOT mean that the rules are being followed. In fact, I think that unlicensed providers work harder to follow the rules because they have more to lose if they dont. If a licensed provider doesn't was his or her hands after a diaper change? They get written up, but they don't lose their business. If an unlicensed provider doesn't wash? It becomes a federal case and she is closed down.

I am unlicensed because I do not believe having a license makes you a good caregiver and I do not believe in the system. I have seen the people who work for the state first hand and I have seen the inconsistancy and lack of knowledge these people posess. I believe child care is between the parent and the provider. End of story. If a parent is happy, they will stay where they are. If they are unhappy, they will leave. Child abuse and neglect is a sad fact of life. But it will happen, license or not. Parents should take responsiblilty to ensure their children are safe. By putting their faith in a system that is outdated, underfunded and often run by people with no background in early childhood education parents have a false sense of trust. Parents visit the daycare everyday. How often does the state visit the center?

Just my 2 cents
Amen, licensed or unlicensed, there is bad with both. Period. Sometimes the government gets their nose in things where they don't belong....well a lot of times.
Unregistered 12:43 PM 06-01-2009
I'll tell what makes it my business.....i have to pay taxes on my earnings. This daycare providers income is hers!!!!!!!!!! She drives a new car (a charger). I guess it pays well. That along with all the welfare she qualifies for because her income is not reported.....yeah, it makes me mad as hell!!!!!!!!!!
Unregistered 11:25 PM 06-01-2009
I have been trying to decide if I want to become a liscenced provider or not. I want ot go above and BEYOND what is required for the liscensing daycares . The main reason why I don't think i could get a liscense is because after reading the requirements, I cannot meet one,and it is something very minor . In my state they do not want a home child provider to have a dog ANYwhere that the children will be in that home. I have a indoor dog and she would never be left unsupervised. She does spend a bit of her time gated in our kitchen or luandry room. But this won't work,because uner the rules i would have to keep er somewhere where the chidlren woudln't be. That would have to be in my luandry room,or my bedroom. I feel it would be inhumane to keep a dog in one room(away from all people) pretty much all day long. She is great with kids ,doesn't bite,etc..etc.. and like I said i would never allow her to run free if i was not in the same room,if i couldn't watch her I would gate her in the kitchen. My food prep area would be on the counters. Her head is about 8inches off the floor,so she'd never ever affect food . I'd keep her medical records as proof of her being up to date on everything. I would even print out all the state guidelines for a licensed home child care provider so the parents can see that I am gonig above and beyond those requirements. I just can't give up my dog or put her up in another room all day long.
Also, I would keep only the amount of kids legally allowed for a unliscenced daycare (2 ),at least starting out,then I'd only want no more than 4kids at a time longterm. I want to save my $ first so Icould have a set up that blows away any (home) daycare I have seen yet.
With that said, do you all think it is a good thing to have paperwork showing the requiremtns to so parents can see (on their own) that I have exceeded those requirements? It seems some parents care more about lisencing regardless of the quality of care they are actually getting.
Unregistered 12:51 AM 06-02-2009
Mom/nurse/tax payer ,
Did you ever think that she gets assistance from the gov (I am assuming this is what you mean by Welfare) Because she just doesn't make enough,even with her daycare income?
I know someone who is a LISCENCED registerd daycare and very qualified,but because she is a signle mom and has a house payment,car,payment,insurance,etc..etc..etc..etc.. she still qualifies for assistance in some form or another ? I know becuase I used this person before and She has a tx id number .
IF I ever get the daycare I am dreaming of having one day, whether it is liscenced or not, I know I will pay my taxes because I believe in obeying the law. Don't judge everyone because there might be a few out there who might not be paying taxes,etc..
Unregistered 04:17 AM 06-02-2009
I'll tell what makes it my business.....i have to pay taxes on my earnings. This daycare providers income is hers!!!!!!!!!! She drives a new car (a charger). I guess it pays well. That along with all the welfare she qualifies for because her income is not reported.....yeah, it makes me mad as hell!!!!!!!!!!
How do you know that she doesn't pay taxes? How do you know she receives welfare? Have you confirmed your statements with the appropriate agencies or are you making an asumption here?

Parents write off their childcare payments on their taxes. To do so, they need her SSN. Do you honestly think the IRS doesn't cross check to make sure she's reporting her income?

SIGH . . .
GretasLittleFriends 07:25 AM 06-02-2009
This is a story of a licensed facility that apparently didn't follow the rules, resulting in an accidental death of a toddler.
http://www.earlychildhoodfocus.org/a...ng_Death.shtml

This is a story of what I believe to be an unlicensed provider caring for and abusing an infant in the infants own home.
http://kstp.com/news/stories/s949827.shtml

Unfortunately horrible people are everywhere.
mac60 08:27 AM 06-02-2009
Unfortunately you will find those that abuse the tax system in many professions, housekeeping jobs, window washing jobs, home assistant jobs, and I am sure there are many others. I have always done it legally.
Unregistered 10:46 AM 06-05-2009

If she is not bothering you or anything on your property, it should be of no concern to you. Obviously the parents' who are bringing their children to her daycare are aware of her being unlicensed and trust her completely or they wouldn't be leaving their children there. It's people like you that are nosey neighbors and probably don't have a job or a life and just want to ruin everyone else's thing. Just mind your business and let her run her business.
Unregistered 02:40 PM 06-13-2009
what are the laws to having a unlissensed day care in the state of tn
Chickenhauler 08:28 PM 06-14-2009
Mom/nurse/tax payer ,
Did you ever think that she gets assistance from the gov (I am assuming this is what you mean by Welfare) Because she just doesn't make enough,even with her daycare income?
I know someone who is a LISCENCED registerd daycare and very qualified,but because she is a signle mom and has a house payment,car,payment,insurance,etc..etc..etc..etc.. she still qualifies for assistance in some form or another ? I know becuase I used this person before and She has a tx id number .
IF I ever get the daycare I am dreaming of having one day, whether it is liscenced or not, I know I will pay my taxes because I believe in obeying the law. Don't judge everyone because there might be a few out there who might not be paying taxes,etc..
A Tax ID number does not mean someone is getting assistance payments, it means they are a business (either operating as a corp or sole proprietorship).

Tax ID numbers are issued to business's, not welfare recipients.

Psst-I'm going to let you in on a little secret that some here will maybe flame me on (flame suit zipped up tight) IN HOME DAYCARES PAY LITTLE TO NO TAXES.

There, it's out in the open.

EVERYTHING is a tax write off-utilities, heat, water, power, garbage, mileage on the car, repairs and maintenance on the home, toys, apparatus, PETS, cleaning supplies, food, furniture, even the lawn mower and any repairs/supplies needed to run it.

Self employed persons only pay taxes on the PROFIT, not the GROSS REVENUE. Tally up the reciepts and subtract the expenses and VOILA, you're suddenly below the poverty level, and no tax is due.

Those who are self employed running a small business out of their home don't pay diddly squat for taxes. You'd be appalled if I showed you our taxes once.
mac60 01:42 PM 06-15-2009
I have been a provider for 10 years, and I have ALWAYS paid taxes. I pay federal, state, social security, city, and a school tax on my income. Yes, by the time I deduct what I can, I am just above poverty level wages. But think about it. Of the 14 hours each day that I am up and in my home, I am doing daycare related things or actually caring for daycare children at least 12 of them. Lights out at about 9:30, furnace/ac turnded down, etc. When you figure in the 40% of my utility bill that I can deduct, I am the one getting shorted. I use the majority of my heat/ac/electric, etc during daycare house, but I can't deduct all that I use.

For example: On a hot humid day here in the summer, I will have my air on all day long to where it is comfortable for the kids, maybe about 76 or 77. Kids leave at 5:15, we go to bed here about 9:30, and our air gets turned up to about 80 so it won't run thru the night unless it gets really hot. This is why I feel we don't get compensated truly for what we use.
Chickenhauler 08:30 PM 06-15-2009
I have been a provider for 10 years, and I have ALWAYS paid taxes. I pay federal, state, social security, city, and a school tax on my income. Yes, by the time I deduct what I can, I am just above poverty level wages. But think about it. Of the 14 hours each day that I am up and in my home, I am doing daycare related things or actually caring for daycare children at least 12 of them. Lights out at about 9:30, furnace/ac turnded down, etc. When you figure in the 40% of my utility bill that I can deduct, I am the one getting shorted. I use the majority of my heat/ac/electric, etc during daycare house, but I can't deduct all that I use.

For example: On a hot humid day here in the summer, I will have my air on all day long to where it is comfortable for the kids, maybe about 76 or 77. Kids leave at 5:15, we go to bed here about 9:30, and our air gets turned up to about 80 so it won't run thru the night unless it gets really hot. This is why I feel we don't get compensated truly for what we use.
Either you're rolling in some serious revenue, or you need a new accountant-the amount of deductions allowed for a home based business are unbelievable if the accountant knows their tax law.

One major one that is overlooked is business mileage deduction, which for 2008 was 58.5 cents per mile when used for business purposes. Trip to the grocery store? Business. Toy store? Business. Training and certification? Business. It adds up fast, and if you keep an accurate journal, you'll find that an overwhelming majority of your miles is business related. Ten here, 20 there, and before you know it, you have a $5k+ deduction in mileage.

I always urge anyone who is operating a business to talk to a quality CPA who specializes in self employed persons. A good accountant will save you their fee in the first 15 minutes of the appointment.

You may feel you're getting the raw end of the stick on your power bill, but who else gets to write off their pets, lawn care, snow removal, furniture, carpets, etc on their personal home?
FingerprintsHappen 11:54 AM 06-16-2009
Psst-I'm going to let you in on a little secret that some here will maybe flame me on (flame suit zipped up tight) IN HOME DAYCARES PAY LITTLE TO NO TAXES.

Chickenhauler, I beg to differ. My husband claims 0 on his deductions AND pays an extra $100 /mo, PLUS we paid $3500 in April, all in taxes on my income. we are paying at a higher rate than if I was employed because self-employment taxes are higher than other rates. yes, I can write off part of my utilities, part of my mortgage interest, etc, but even with those and all the actual 100% business expenses (like infant toys- my youngest child is 14) I still paid an arm and a leg in tax this year
SOME OF US do things honestly
mac60 05:14 PM 06-16-2009
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:
Either you're rolling in some serious revenue, or you need a new accountant-the amount of deductions allowed for a home based business are unbelievable if the accountant knows their tax law.

One major one that is overlooked is business mileage deduction, which for 2008 was 58.5 cents per mile when used for business purposes. Trip to the grocery store? Business. Toy store? Business. Training and certification? Business. It adds up fast, and if you keep an accurate journal, you'll find that an overwhelming majority of your miles is business related. Ten here, 20 there, and before you know it, you have a $5k+ deduction in mileage.

I always urge anyone who is operating a business to talk to a quality CPA who specializes in self employed persons. A good accountant will save you their fee in the first 15 minutes of the appointment.

You may feel you're getting the raw end of the stick on your power bill, but who else gets to write off their pets, lawn care, snow removal, furniture, carpets, etc on their personal home?
I have 2 dogs, and I do NOT write off my pet expenses and never have. I do take mileage, my husband mows the lawn, I clear the snow, we have not bought new furniture since I have been doing dc or new carpets. I do have a CPA that does my taxes, and I DON"T make big bucks. Hell, I only get $85 per child for a fulltime kid here, well I should say $80, $85 is my new rate coming up.
Chickenhauler 10:15 PM 06-16-2009
Originally Posted by FingerprintsHappen:

Chickenhauler, I beg to differ. My husband claims 0 on his deductions AND pays an extra $100 /mo, PLUS we paid $3500 in April, all in taxes on my income. we are paying at a higher rate than if I was employed because self-employment taxes are higher than other rates. yes, I can write off part of my utilities, part of my mortgage interest, etc, but even with those and all the actual 100% business expenses (like infant toys- my youngest child is 14) I still paid an arm and a leg in tax this year
SOME OF US do things honestly
I do things honestly-my CPA knows the law, she's an expert at tax law. We have survived two audits in ten years, and no violations found. NOT A SINGLE ONE.

If you made some big bucks, then kudos to you.

But I'm betting you overpaid in taxes. I know all about self-employment taxes, I own my own business, along with the wife operating a daycare-we have no witholding in our household, since all income is derived from being self employed. With NO witholding, and gross sales rcpts exceeding 100k last year, we paid less in taxes than you, and it was all legit and honest.

You can automatically deduct ALL of your mortgage interest automatically, DC or not.

I have 2 dogs, and I do NOT write off my pet expenses and never have. I do take mileage, my husband mows the lawn, I clear the snow, we have not bought new furniture since I have been doing dc or new carpets. I do have a CPA that does my taxes, and I DON"T make big bucks. Hell, I only get $85 per child for a fulltime kid here, well I should say $80, $85 is my new rate coming up.
Your CPA has failed you greatly. Pets, snowblowers, lawnmowers, weedwhackers, even a snow shovel and salt/sand for the sidewalk, upkeep of those items and their fuel are all tax deductible since you are running a business out of your home.

Pets are a teaching aid-you can use them to teach children how to interact nicely with animals.

There is sooooo much tax code, deductions, exemptions, etc that are overlooked it's not even funny.
FingerprintsHappen 11:51 AM 06-17-2009
We didn't overpay in taxes. According to the Copeland daycare tax book (cant' remember the title) I took all the deductions I was entitled to. And I had to pay way more than any other year. And that in spite of taking the % on a new furnace, new hot water heater, other appliance repairs, etc. My furniture is all old. my tv is not used for daycare, so cable can't be claimed (it's never on during the daycare day) We mow and shovel ourselves...
I did make good money- living in one of if not THE highest priced area of the country (MA, about 30 min west of Boston) daycare is pricey. So I make out. Works for me- I pay my teenage daughters to assist, and have hired 2 employees for the summer/fall of this year.
Ms.Sue 03:19 PM 06-17-2009
More children are hurt at licensed day care than at unlicensed day care.

First - what an uneducated statement to make, it's totally incorrect. Licensed daycares HAVE TO REPORT THEIR INJURIES --- UNLICENSED Never Do!!!
So, please stop with that statement.

Now, the 'piece' of paper generally adds to the true quality of a childcare business.
I have found in my 17 years of experience that people who do not bother to strive to reach other milestones in the childcare field - generally don't even meet the very basic standards.

With no license, there is no accountability! which equals Poor Safety Standards.
Now, granted - you will have a few that have unlicensed care and they are wonderful - but just think how much they could really improve and know how to communicate and relate to their customers - and run their businesses better.
Licensed daycare does not mean that all are 100% perfect. There are doctors that have 10 years of school and are awful, there are school principals that are arrested for sexual abuse - and they 'generally' have a masters degree........ good and bad is in ALL fields.

. .....Just because you have had someone from the state come in and tell you what needs to be done and how to run your business doesn't mean that all Unlicensed day care are bad or hurtful to children!!! .....

True, but ---- when you are held totally accountable and have to prove yourself and your business integrity to a state inspector --- you tend to make sure all food is properly balanced, tv is limited, preschool is taught, proper diaper changing procedures are followed, car seats are used, children are not left alone, children are not sleeping in room on other floors with out supervision, ratiio is addressed, medication is stored correctly and administered properly, the environment is clean and safe, and the provider's live-in boyfriend must have a back ground check to prove that they are not a sex offender - or their 18 year old son who lives at home !!! ((this happens all the time))).

So, that is just some of the ways that parents can be sure that these issues are addressed - correctly - by an outside inspector. It's best for the children --- it's not what's best for the insecure provider's ego.
mac60 04:31 PM 06-17-2009
The only things you mentioned that I don't deduct is my dog food and dog vet expenses. I will count those from now on.
GretasLittleFriends 05:45 PM 06-17-2009
Well said Ms. Sue!!

And just an FYI, you mentioned 18yr old child still living at home. Some states (such as Minnesota) require a background check for all people 13yrs of age and older living in the home and frequenting the home. My daughter is 13 and needed a background check. Also if she is going to have a friend over for any length of time or frequently they also have to have a background check. Fortunately I pay 1 fee for a 12 month period and that covers anyone and everyone that's checked in that 12 month period. I feel kind of bad explaining this policy to my daughter's friends' parents but they all have been understanding and appreciate the precautionary steps the state follows. Unlicensed homes in MN don't have to follow this requirement. Who knows who is in the homes when the children are present?!?!
mac60 02:37 AM 06-18-2009
See, this is where I disagree. If I have to submit my family, their friends, and anyone else who may be a constant visitor to my home to a background check, it is only FAIR that each and every daycare parent, their family members if they ever step foot into my home, and any other family member or friend of theirs who may pick up their child on my property...THEY SHOULD BE FORCED TO GO THRU THE SAME BACKGROUND CHECKS. It is not fair to force these rediculous things onto just the provider, as many other people...meaning parents.....walk into my front door daily.

And as far as reporting accidents at a daycare center....they do NOT have to, as my own child when he was 3 got his hand ran over and I was called, left work, and had to take him to the doctor for treatment....and I even got to pay the bill. So not every state is the same. And in my area, if you take your child to the doctor for an injury and submit it to your insurance, your insurance will contact you and ask how and where it will happen, and follow thru. It happened with my own son, an injury.
mac60 02:42 AM 06-18-2009
With no license, there is no accountability! which equals Poor Safety Standards.

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY POSITIVIELY AN UNTRUE STATEMENT.

I think there is a lot of hostility here towards those of us who do not have to be licensed by those of you who do. Sad, but true.

I would NEVER, REPEAT NEVER, do this job and be controled by the government. Hell, they do a horrendous job as it is without getting their nose in my affairs. I have parents in and out of my home all day, many times unannounced....they see my home, what we do, they know what their child eats each day, etc. Please don't judge the unlicended providers unless you know us personally. You have absolutely no idea what kind of environment we are providing, activities, etc.
stimpson 09:07 AM 06-18-2009
Have you all looked closely at some of the rants in this "conversation"?
Here is what I see:
It seems someone is irritated because her next-door neighbors home daycare business is causing traffic issues (and perhaps other issues) that she feels she should not have to contend with. So, rather than doing the civilized thing and walking over one day after care hours are over and politely addressing her concerns with them and trying to reach a compromise that everyone can live with, instead, we are going to see if we can "get them in trouble" with authorities.
Let's stop right there. Everything else is incidental and doesn't really have anything to do with the root cause of this whole thing. Licensed, unlicensed, laws, taxes, abuse, etc. is not really what any of this is about.
This is what it's about: Two wrongs don't make a right.
If the providers business is causing legitimate issues for her neighbor, that's wrong. If the neighbor is attempting to remedy that wrong by causing problems for the provider with authorities, that is also wrong. So, instead of ending up with a situation where everyone feels they've been dealt with fairly and they both work together to solve the problem, they end up with an angry mess that likely festers, gets worse, and ends up causing MORE problems or costing someone money or income.
C'mon folks! Doesn't anyone here see the forest instead of that big fat tree in the way?

There's always light at the end of the tunnel. The hard part is determining if that light is on the front of a locomotive.
GretasLittleFriends 09:34 AM 06-18-2009
I agree with Ms. Sue about the safety standards because I did provide care for my family and though I thought my house was safe there were all kinds of things that I had missed out on until the county came through. I however think that the "poor safety standards" are by NO means intentional. One example was the water temp was set too high.

Mac60- I agree with you about how ridiculous it is that my family and their friends who are here frequently have to be subjected to a background check. When I asked the county why not the kids' parents too, the licensor's response was that the parents typically just drop off and pick up where the friends and family members are in the house for long periods with the children. These laws are in place to protect the children, simply because they hadn't been in place and children were hurt/abused.
GretasLittleFriends 09:48 AM 06-18-2009
Oh, I forgot, I was also going to say that though I'm licensed, I'm not hostile (or don't intend to be) towards unlicensed daycares. Perhaps I'm slightly jealous that I am only able to take care of one family without my license, unlike some of you that can take care of up to 5+ kids without a license. I'll be honest. If that were the case for me, I'd likely not be licensed either. I agree the government getting involved can and does make it to be much more of a headache. I got my license for a few reasons. One is to be able to stay at home with my own children while they are growing up. Two is to provide quality care for more than just the one child (one family) I was taking care of. Three is because I love watching kids learn and grow. Fourth is to be able to afford to stay home with my children.

I do agree that unlicensed providers can and do provide excellent care, just like licensed providers can also be totally horrendous. I've recently had two families start up with me because their previous licensed providers where not children friendly at all. Sad thing is that these families came from two different providers. I live in a rural area, and for two providers to be uncaring is kind of frightening
Chickenhauler 11:57 PM 06-18-2009
Those of you who are unlicensed, how often do you have a water test performed? One of the overlooked things that licensed providers must pass, along with a background check (could be a pedo living in that DC home), water temp test, etc.

Here's another big question-how many unlicensed providers carry the necessary insurance coverage for operating a dc business out of their homes? You do know that in most states, if you operate a business like this out of your home, you are opening yourselves to large amounts of liability, and without the proper coverage, your homeowners can not only cancel coverage, but refuse to pay any claims in the DC because you were not insuring a business?
mac60 02:56 AM 06-19-2009
I am insured. We have city water and I know it is tested regularly.

Your dc parent could be a pedo too! Did you have background checks done on your parents?
tymaboy 06:30 AM 06-19-2009
I am Registered. In my area registered is in home child care & licensed is a facility. In my opinion being registered does not mean that I am the safer bet for the children. It is more for the parent thought of mind. It does not matter that I jump threw hoops to keep my registration number if I am the type of person to harm a child in any way it will happen whether I am registered or not. Pretty much the only thing that is different is that I have surprise inspections atleast once a yr & that I qualify for the food program & some grants that I would not if I was not registered. Being registered is just a false security for the parents. If I was not registered I would not have to take 12 or more hrs of classes a yr to keep my registration. I would still be the same type of provider thta I am now.
Chickenhauler 02:37 AM 06-20-2009
I am insured. We have city water and I know it is tested regularly.

Your dc parent could be a pedo too! Did you have background checks done on your parents?
The big question is, are the DC parents left unattended with other DC children? They aren't in our home.

That's the underlying reason for the background checks.

DC Licensing is like driver licensing and testing-95% will pass, but it weeds out the unfit ones from putting people in danger.
Unregistered 10:49 AM 06-25-2009
I am a licensed provider and have been for 12 years and the things that make me upset about unlicensed provider's are that they take away the children that we could get as children. When you loose a family and need to replace that income alot of times people go to unlicensed providers because they will charge less. They do not have all the fees or classes that a licensed provider has to take. As a unlicensed provider they are only allowed to watch children from one family and they can still have up to 8 children as long as they are from one family and you can only have 2 children under the age of 2 and the number's are in total including your own children 8. 6 full time children 2 before and after school children except in the summer. I agree people should mind thier own business if there is no harm to the children, but without asking questions or seeing it first hand how are you to know. If it is an unlicensed daycare or licensed either way you never know how your children are being treated because you are not there to see it. You as a parent have to use common sense and gut feeling's when choosing a provider. Always get referrals and you can call the state and get background checks. Licensed providers have to give their fingerprints when they get licensed. Just remember that the children should always come first. They are the priority not your neighbor. So if they are illegal or harming the children yes they should be turned in. But if they are doing it the right way then leave them alone. As far as taxes you do not know if they are claiming or not so you have no right to complain unless you know they are'nt. But remember you chose to get licensed and pay your taxes to do it the legal way.
Unregistered 12:31 PM 09-01-2009
I'm new to day care and no I am not licensed, nor do I plan to get licensed. And I certainly don't believe that a license has anything to do with the quality of care I will provide. I watch one child now, just one day a week. I am hoping to take in 2 children maximum because I believe in nurturing and teaching, not simply keeping children safe. I have two of my own and I feel that any more than 4 would compromise my ability to provide the type of care that I want to provide, though i realize it will limit my income. Do I believe there are sub-standard unlicensed providers. CERTAINLY. Just as I believe there are sub-standard licensed providers. Does anyone really believe that every licensed provider follows all the rules and if they ever break one they will absolutely get caught? That's like saying everyone with a drivers license follows every traffic law and if they ever speed they are certain to get ticketed. I can assure you based on my husband's driving that is not accurate.
I'm confused by the animosity towards those of us who opt not get licensed. As far as I'm concerned, it's a personal decision. If parents opt to forego my service due to a lack of license, that's their choice and I'm okay with that. Why does that bother people?
Also, I don't understand the basis for the assertion that an unlicensed provider doesn't pay taxes. I have a FEIN and report my income. The license has nothing to do with that.
Unregistered 01:24 PM 09-08-2009

Just because they are licensed doesnt mean they are good providers. The daycare provider that "accidently" sufficated one of her daycare children was a licensed provider. He wouldnt lay still at naptime so she put her casted foot on him. He died she didnt realize it till after naptime was over and he never got up. They said she didnt mean to kill him so ops she got off easy and now she has a daycare again. And if u havent noticed most of the licensed daycare providers are very expensive. Also if its a church or big corporate daycare they are 25% or higher than normal daycares. One near me I calculated made $12000 a month minimum thats over $600000 a year. they are considered nonprofit too. In the area where i live, that is a lot. Their prices are almost too much to afford. I know with my job I would pay them more for daycare than i make a week. thats sad. And with 4-c funds down theres no hope. the only hope i have is unlicensed providers.
tinytotzdaycare 03:37 PM 09-28-2009
I am in Iowa and you only have to be registered when you have 6 or more children, this includes your own that are NOT school age.
Unregistered 07:44 AM 09-29-2009
Some people cannot afford a licensed daycare. And most parents are not going to leave their kids with someone they do not know. So most likely the daycare provider is trusted and is known by the parent very well. I think people need to mind their own business too! Obviously, if you are be this nosey, maybe you need to get a job, or possible another job to keep you busier. Not everyone appeciates the licensed daycare setting! Not everyone can afford the licensed daycare setting. I was babysat by a wonderful older lady with other kids, she was a grandma, and great great role model. I ran in the green grass, climbed the apple trees, ran through the corn stalks, played with the rabbits they were raising, and ate fresh eggs, great homemade food! That was in the 70's. But, I think we need to get back to the basics. Everything in life should not be controlled by the government. Life was so much simpler when I was a little girl. I would rather my kids be able to be running outside playing with frogs, chasing butterflies and eating homemade food, then stuck in a daycare with the same routine everyday, and eating mac and chees, hotdogs, etc. Yes, I know that daycare teaches them allot of things for school, but non-licensed daycares can teach these things too!
Unregistered 07:49 AM 09-29-2009

You need to not be so critical! Too many laws, do not equal democracy! It equals the government running our so called free lives. If we as parents find someone that we trust, and have known for a long time, and know that the home is clean, and that our kids will be fed well and taken care of well, then we should be able to decide who watches our children. A stuffy ol' daycare with allot of kids running around with snotty noses, is not what I call clean! If you want everyone to bring their kids to a licensed daycare, then the prices need to drop. Because, if I had the option of a close friend or family watching my kids for less money. You know, that I will take my kids to the friend or family. And that should be up to the parent!
Unregistered 09:05 AM 09-29-2009
I think it is such crap that people don't know how to mind their own business. If your concerns are whether or not the place is safe...what draws you to that conclusion? I agree if the place seems very filthy, dirty, a dump, etc. Though if you can see there is no cause for concern. Mind your own business!!! The parents who put their kids there are the ones who have determined that that is the place for their kids. Are you saying the parents are not being parents? Are they not capable of making a decision for themselves where their children should be? MIND YOUR BUSINESS!
jen 04:27 PM 09-29-2009
Here is my big question...

Parents are well aware of whether or not their daycare is licensed or not. They chose a provider, they like him/her, like the way he/she cares for the kids...why is it anyone elses business?

Personally, I don't really need the governement to "help" me make decisions for my kids! Before I became a provider, a neighbor who was unlicensed cared for my son and I LOVED her!

That said, of course everyone needs to pay income taxes. Although, as a licensed provider, I've never had to pay in a cent. IF you do, you aint' doing it right!
Unregistered 03:38 PM 10-04-2009
Please....what makes you think she needs to become a licensed child care provider to take of children in her home. It is not legal to take care of children in your home. I am a licensed child care provider and I have many friends and relatives who are not licesed and they are wonderful. Never judge a book by its cover?
Unregistered 05:27 PM 10-04-2009
I think the whole thing is crazy! In some states you can care for 5 kids without a license, where as in others only 2. So government gets to determine that the children in Iowa get to play with 4 friends where as the children in NY only get to play with 1 friend if they go to a provider that is unlicensed? The same thing with childcare ratios.

In some states 1:4 Infant ratios go until 18 or 24 months, while in others it stops at 12 months and jumps to 1:7. Who decided that the children who live in the states that jump to 1:7 ratios at 12 months need less attention that those who live in another state and get to keep their 1:4 ratio for an extra 6 months or a year?
Unregistered 06:13 PM 10-09-2009
I want to respond to the comment you made. Not all daycare providers are like this lady. I run a daycare and I pay my taxes.
Unregistered 06:24 AM 10-15-2009
Rules to operating a licensed day care can be found at http://ohiochildcare.org
melissa ann 03:09 PM 10-27-2009
I have been doing childcare since March 2008. I am not licensed. However, I do pay taxes on that income and also take deductions. In my state, I can watch 3 children w/o being licensed. For me, I felt like that was a good number to watch w/o being too stressed out. With 3, I can give them proper one on one time plus they can play together w/o too much fighting and such. For me, it's not all about the $. It's giving proper care and attention to the children.
mac60 04:51 PM 10-27-2009
Rules to operating a licensed day care can be found at http://ohiochildcare.org
Like I have said before, the rules and regulations are so rediculous. Some of these items listed are just stupid for lack of better words.
Chickenhauler 10:33 PM 10-27-2009
Like I have said before, the rules and regulations are so rediculous. Some of these items listed are just stupid for lack of better words.
Name some that you find stupid.

The irony is, that in one post, you will complain about how parents are crappy parents and don't even bother to dress their kids properly for the conditions, but then say how it's the parent's responsibility to insure that their daycare is safe.

For all the checks and inspections we have gone through with the county, we'd spend 6-8 hours going through the house, and several weeks waiting on the background checks that each family would perform when they enroll.
seashell 05:33 AM 10-28-2009

The irony is, that in one post, you will complain about how parents are crappy parents and don't even bother to dress their kids properly for the conditions, but then say how it's the parent's responsibility to insure that their daycare is safe.

For all the checks and inspections we have gone through with the county, we'd spend 6-8 hours going through the house, and several weeks waiting on the background checks that each family would perform when they enroll.
Stupid rule 1 - We need to have thermometers on the wall in each room occupied by the children at their hight, (3 feet max hight) to measure the temperature. Excuse me? Do you know how hard it is to keep the kids from pulling a glass and mercury thermometer off the wall and chewing on it? I tried hiding them behind the furniture. No deal. They have to be in clear sight. Is the temp that much cooler than it would be 2 feet higher?

Stupid rule 2 - Doors must be labled with exit signs. First of all, this is my home. Second of all, the kids can't read. 3rd if I don't know where the doors are in my own home, I'm in big trouble!

Stupid rule 3 - Cleaning supplies can not be kept in rooms occupied by the children. So how the hell am I supposed to disinfect the diaper table after use if I can't keep the solution near the changing table?

Stupid rule 4 - Trash cans can be no more than half full. Great, so I should leave the kids alone to take out the trash half way through the day? The cans have covers on them. Who gives a damn how much is in the can if the kids can't get at it?

Stupid rule 5 - Children must wear shoes and sox at all times. Yeah, you tell that to the 10 month old baby who is facinated with pulling them off or the 3 year olds who like to show off their painted toe nails.

Stupid rule 6 - My 17 year old son can't have friends over after school because they count toward my ratio?

Chickenhauler, why can't you just agree to disagree? It's a matter of personal opinion. I think your crazy for being licensed and you think Im crazy for not being licensed. Fine. It's a matter of opinion here based upon experience.

I respect your opinions on most matters, but you really seem to have it in for those of us who think the government is to involved.
AmandasFCC 06:40 AM 10-28-2009
Seashell, you're right, those are ridiculous rules. Maybe where Chickenhauler's at, licensing is a little more reasonable. I know here they seem to have a bit more common sense and to me, it made more sense to get licensed. As we've seen in a million posts before, licensing varies from place to place....

I personally like the idea of being licensed. I like being regulated. I'm a very rule oriented person, a little crazy maybe, but I like to have specific guidelines to operate by and to be checked up on, just to have that "Ok, for sure I'm doing alright" .... My daycare parents don't seem to care either way, it's more just for my own knowledge.

Everyone's different. I agree with you that we all have to agree to disagree. What works for me may not work for you.

And just another point... Whereas a lot of you have common sense in terms of regulations and will naturally do what is right and makes sense, a lot of others don't, and that's why I DO very much agree with licensing
mac60 07:40 AM 10-28-2009

Sorry, I don't ever recall saying my dc kids came dressed inappropriately. Like I have said, I can understand how frustrating it is to be a provider and have to be licensed. The government should not be a part of a parent's decision on who cares for their child.
Chickenhauler 10:30 PM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by seashell:
Stupid rule 1 - We need to have thermometers on the wall in each room occupied by the children at their hight, (3 feet max hight) to measure the temperature. Excuse me? Do you know how hard it is to keep the kids from pulling a glass and mercury thermometer off the wall and chewing on it? I tried hiding them behind the furniture. No deal. They have to be in clear sight. Is the temp that much cooler than it would be 2 feet higher?

Stupid rule 2 - Doors must be labled with exit signs. First of all, this is my home. Second of all, the kids can't read. 3rd if I don't know where the doors are in my own home, I'm in big trouble!

Stupid rule 3 - Cleaning supplies can not be kept in rooms occupied by the children. So how the hell am I supposed to disinfect the diaper table after use if I can't keep the solution near the changing table?

Stupid rule 4 - Trash cans can be no more than half full. Great, so I should leave the kids alone to take out the trash half way through the day? The cans have covers on them. Who gives a damn how much is in the can if the kids can't get at it?

Stupid rule 5 - Children must wear shoes and sox at all times. Yeah, you tell that to the 10 month old baby who is facinated with pulling them off or the 3 year olds who like to show off their painted toe nails.

Stupid rule 6 - My 17 year old son can't have friends over after school because they count toward my ratio?

Chickenhauler, why can't you just agree to disagree? It's a matter of personal opinion. I think your crazy for being licensed and you think Im crazy for not being licensed. Fine. It's a matter of opinion here based upon experience.

I respect your opinions on most matters, but you really seem to have it in for those of us who think the government is to involved.
Out of that entire list, there are only two we have to comply with is the cleaning supplies, but they have to stored out of reach or in a locked (keyed) cabinet. Out of reach means overhead, like the height of the upper kitchen cabinets.

Our trash cans have to have covers, also.
sarahtheresa02 05:38 AM 10-29-2009
This topic really has me going...

I am an unlicensed care provider. I am "allowed" by our state to care for 6 or less children without being required to obtain a license. I have 6 children in my care. They are not all here at the same time so I don't feel that I am in a position to be overwhelmed or taking on too much.

I do believe that licensed or unlicensed should not be an issue between providers. I do however believe that it SHOULD be an issue for parents. I want to share a little story...

I received a phone call from a couple looking for childcare for their 16 mo old daughter. They were conducting multiple interviews with providers and wanted to set up a time to come over. The mom said that she had many questions but wanted to discuss them in person. That I understand as I wouldnt want to waste my time asking questions to find that the person lives in a dump. Anyway... mom and dad and baby arrived at my house. First question they ask is if I was state certified. I said that I was not. She said that was very important to them. However they allowed the interview to continue. They took a tour of my home... not just the daycare portion. They met my husband and children. I gave them a copy of my handbook with references and they left saying they would let me know either way. I didn't expect to see them again.

They called me back a week later and said that if I still had a spot they would like to enroll their daughter. I said I still had a position and they started her the next Monday. Out of curiosity on her first day I asked her parents why they had chosen me over the other providers. Her father said they had interviewed about 15 providers licensed and otherwise and were most satisfied with my home. They said it was cleaner then most of the other places and and our family was very inviting and they felt comfortable and "at home". Licensing became a moot point for them.

Long story short Parents take their kids where they are most comfortable and where they feel that their kids will get the best care.

** One other point... someone said that licensed facilities receive more complaints and have more reported incidents of abuse, neglect blah blah blah than unlicensed facilities... this is true only because you can not report what you are not aware of and since they are unlicensed there is no way to accurately make an estimate**

Anyway.. enough of my rant.
Unregistered 10:59 AM 10-29-2009
I just had to write a note saying how funny it is that this discussion has been going on for over a year on this board. This will be debated till the end of time. I am a licensed daycare provider but I know and even give out some names of unlicensed providers. I am concerend only for the welfare of the children. I am not in any way mad or upset that someone is not licensed. I go with the its not your concern unless they are breaking the laws in your state. If they are then call the proper authorities and be done with it. Needless bickering is for children and not for grown adults.
Unregistered 09:37 AM 11-04-2009
I just turned in a resident in my town for operating an unlicensed daycare - I inspect daycares in Massachusetts as part of my job. This woman and her husband own a nice home and have two college kids. He, the husband works outside the home, full-time and she has five or six unrelated daycare kids at her house full time, Monday thru Friday. She has a pool, not fenced in and an unfenced yard.

Here in Mass., daycare rules are very strict, for a reason - the state runs Cori and Sori checks, inspects playground equipment - pools, everything! In Mass you also have to carry hefty liability insurance which is expensive. The State promptly came to her house and shut her down. (I knew she was unlicensed because I did my homework and called the State first) I hope she incurred a hefty fine as well. Who in their right mind would run an unlicensed daycare and care for other's children? Full-time daycare in Mass. runs $300 and up per child - I'd like to make about 60 to 70K, tax free, per year.

My son, who is in college, pays 43k per year to go to school - my husband and I have taken out huge loans to help him out and we both work full time and pay huge taxes. It's called greed, plain and simple and a lot of people think they are above the law. Shame on the parents of these children, as well, for not checking to see if this daycare was licensed in the first place. I stewed for about a year about this before I called the state. There is no excuse for this.
GretasLittleFriends 04:27 PM 11-04-2009
Ok, I realize that this person is unregistered and they chose to hide behind that label for a reason. I do find my self frustrated with this post. I am licensed and have mixed feelings about being licensed.

1.I just turned in a resident in my town for operating an unlicensed daycare - I inspect daycares in Massachusetts as part of my job. This woman and her husband own a nice home and have two college kids. He, the husband works outside the home, full-time and she has five or six unrelated daycare kids at her house full time, Monday thru Friday. She has a pool, not fenced in and an unfenced yard. 2.Here in Mass., daycare rules are very strict, for a reason - the state runs Cori and Sori checks, inspects playground equipment - pools, everything! In Mass you also have to carry hefty liability insurance which is expensive. The State promptly came to her house and shut her down. (I knew she was unlicensed because I did my homework and called the State first) 3.I hope she incurred a hefty fine as well. 4.Who in their right mind would run an unlicensed daycare and care for other's children? 5.Full-time daycare in Mass. runs $300 and up per child - I'd like to make about 60 to 70K, tax free, per year. 6.My son, who is in college, pays 43k per year to go to school - my husband and I have taken out huge loans to help him out and we both work full time and pay huge taxes. 7.It's called greed, plain and simple and a lot of people think they are above the law. 8.Shame on the parents of these children, as well, for not checking to see if this daycare was licensed in the first place. 9.I stewed for about a year about this before I called the state. There is no excuse for this.
1.I find it very hard to believe that any person now a days has a pool that is not fenced in an unfenced yard. That is merely a law suit waiting to happen. Not to mention every neighborhood critter would be in that pool. Although, wondering if this is a technicality. I too have a pool and an unfenced yard. My pool at the deepest isn't even 8 inches. We have a yard that is over 5 acres, and the play area is behind the house which is over 100 yards from the road.

2.What are Cori and Sori checks? Most states require you to carry daycare liability insurance in order to be licensed. And honestly it's not that expensive. I paid less than $300 for a very large detailed policy.

3.It is not very nice of you to wish ill against someone else!! As a matter of fact, it seems rather childish.

4.Lots of people run unlicensed day-cares for others' children. When I used to live in Oregon I worked in a different town from where I lived. I had a friend who watched my daughter 3 days a week and I watched her three girls one day a week. It was a great barter. I wasn't licensed and neither was she.

5.How do you know they don't pay taxes? Do you work for the IRS? Have you audited them?

6.First off, congrats to your son for going to college. Lots of people go to college. The woman who's daycare you had shut down had TWO college aged children. There are ways to pay for college without taking out loans, believe me I know. I was a single mom, living on my own and managed to pay my own way through college without ever having to take out a single student loan. There are grants, scholarships, not to mention government/military benefits that are amazing. The military actually PAID me to go to college. When I factored in the GI bill along with the tuition reimbursement if I kept my grades above a C. Not only did it cover my tuition and book costs, I had extra money in my pocket. Plus I had a part-time job one weekend a month and two weeks a year. You shouldn't have to pay huge taxes at the end of the year if you have a good accountant. There should be education credits you qualify for, among other things. No pity from me to you.

7.I wouldn't call making a living greed. Well, maybe you're right, maybe it is greed, but no more so than the next person. It's the want of material items; a house, food, clothing, electricity. If one wasn't greedy and could learn to live without these things then they wouldn't have to work for that $$.

8.Apparently the parents felt their children were safe in this environment, otherwise they wouldn't have left them in that lady's care... I wouldn't shame the parents.

9.I would say shame on you instead. Why did it take you about a year to decide this wasn't a safe place for children. You said in the beginning that you inspect day-cares as part of your job. Wouldn't that require you to notify the state immediately if something was unsafe or there was a problem with a daycare?

Ugh!!!
Former Teacher 05:43 PM 11-04-2009
I TOTALLY agree with your post, (it would just make this reply to long haha).

Anyway I agree with you. However that is why from now on I am REFUSING to respond to people who are not registered. I have said it before, if they can't be bothered to sign in, I can't be bothered to deal with them either.

I think it's people like the OP who like to post things just to get us upset, aggravated, etc...just to see what we will say and how we will react. More or less to get a response from us.

That being said, I too have my own opinions and thoughts about that poster. However going back to my refusing to respond policy, I am keeping my mouth shut.

It's people like the OP that want to get a wile up our noses. Well they won't get one from me!
GretasLittleFriends 05:53 PM 11-04-2009
I didn't realize how long my reply was until just now when I scrolled back up.
jen 06:37 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
I didn't realize how long my reply was until just now when I scrolled back up.
LOL! Good for you! Well written! I was just going to say "get a life..."

Yours was much better!
Tags:2007, cori, illegal providers, inspect, inspection - random, insurance, legally unlicensed, liability, sori, the post that would not end, unlicensed daycare
1 2 3  ... Last
Reply Up