Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Money Saving Strategies for Daycare Providers
mac60 11:34 AM 01-07-2010
I am sure we all have our own little things we do to cut back and save a few dollars running our business. Let's share.

I make my own foaming hand soap. Fill pump soap dispenser 1/4 full of liquid handsoap and fill with warm water. Put lid back on and shake and you have a new container of soap.

I cut paper towels in half and fold them and place them on the bathroom counter to wipe hands with.

I keep a spray bottle with water and a little dish soap in it to spray off the table and high chairs.

I also cut napkins in half to place snacks on at the table.

When printing almost everything, I choose draft quality to save on ink.

I buy all my preschool supplies when school supplies are out.

I made my own sleep mats out of a twin size egg crate from Walmart for $12, cut it in 4 pieces, wrapped it in a piece of shower curtain I purchased for $1.97 (got 2 out of each) and used duck tape to secure and I ended up with 4 over 1 inch thick mats. Much better than the kindergarten mats sold at Walmart and Target. I made cheap pillowcase type covers for them. Pillows from Goodwill and pillowcases for 50 cents from Goodwill.

All my preschool activities come off of websites for free. I pay only for one, Kidsoup.com at $23 per year and I love it.

I'll keep thinking.
Tags:economy, money, money saving tips, save, savings
Up