Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mother's Day Out Program
small_steps 11:50 AM 05-21-2012
Do any of you offer this? I had several teachers kids that are being pulled this summer leaving me with several openings. I had a neighbor approach me about a Mother's Day Out type program and I agreed togive her a deal for Tues/Thurs care from 9-3 for $20 per day per child. The going rate for full time care is $100-$125 for home daycares in my area (I'm currently at $125) and I'm open 7-5:30. Anyway, I was curious to see how many other parents would be interested in this and posted something on our counties facebook buy, sell or trade page and actually have gotten 3 responses already.

I'm going to offer the program throughout the summer and see how well it does. I still have 5 full time kids and I have a capacity of 12 so I have a little room to play with this summer.

Anyone successful with this all year long? I usually get lots of calls for part time care but I don't normally take part time. In our area there is one church that offers this program and we have a pretty big town.

Would love to hear your stories or ideas on this type of program.
cheerfuldom 12:09 PM 05-21-2012
I know a few programs in my town that are very successful doing this and one provider that does this, specifically catering to the rich folk in town and the moms that need time to go out and get their tans and nails done (she says this, not me). If there is a demand, why not? But I would assume that if you are doing those hours AND doing regular daycare kids then you would no longer get a break? Moms Day Out kids dont come to take naps. They are usually raring to go and can sometimes be on the wild side because they are not used to your program and sometimes arent used to any structure at all.
itlw8 12:24 PM 05-21-2012
If I did it I would Not do naps they would leave by 12

The hours she wants is p/t care

I would also not cut a deal less wrk equals more money. Meaning you should charge a higher rate You charge $25 a day for f/t so for this you need to charge $30 to $35

or $7 an hour with a minimum 3 hours.
SunshineMama 01:27 PM 05-21-2012
Love the idea!

You can probably charge a little more, or even cut the hours. My daughter attended a program $20 per day 1 day a week from 9-12.
small_steps 02:36 PM 05-22-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I know a few programs in my town that are very successful doing this and one provider that does this, specifically catering to the rich folk in town and the moms that need time to go out and get their tans and nails done (she says this, not me). If there is a demand, why not? But I would assume that if you are doing those hours AND doing regular daycare kids then you would no longer get a break? Moms Day Out kids dont come to take naps. They are usually raring to go and can sometimes be on the wild side because they are not used to your program and sometimes arent used to any structure at all.
I am a little worried about the nap time too...but I'm hoping eventually I could get enough kids to ONLY have this program and not my full time kids also. I would love to have Friday's off (I'm sure everyone would), and have a shorter day. I would need about 6-8 for my Mon/Wed program and 6-8 for my Tues/thurs program. I am so excited though. I started advertising a few days ago and already have several people very interested. I hope this keeps up...I may be on to something that could work great in our area.
Tags:mother's day, mother's day - out program, mother's day out
Reply Up