Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Suggestion Box for Owners of This Forum
legomom922 07:33 AM 09-09-2010
Who would we talk to if we have an idea that would better this forum?
MyAngels 07:41 AM 09-09-2010
Michael is the Administrator of this forum. From what I understand he owns this site, and he seems very active and helpful here, so I'm sure he'll respond.
Crystal 08:22 AM 09-09-2010
ooohhh....what are you thinking about? curious minds want to know
legomom922 09:09 AM 09-09-2010
Well here is what I was thinking..tell me what you think. I think it would be great if we had the main board as it is but also sub boards, for different topics. Like one board could be threads on taxes, MMK, toddler questions, infant questions, meals, crying, parent conflicts, interviews, toys, etc That way if you had a question say on MMK, you could go right to the MMK board, and read previous threads all on MMK only and then start a new thread. Many times info we are looking for may have already been discussed but trying to find it is another story! Sometimes too people may be "experts" on a subject and may really enjoy answering questions on a particular board. That way too, the same sybjects would all be in one place and much more easier to find.

What do you think?

Michael are you lurking?
marniewon 09:26 AM 09-09-2010
I think that's a great idea! I'm sure it might at some point get a little confusing where to put a post (which topic if it spans more than one) but for things like MMK, taxes, etc, that would be awesome to have a sub-folder to go to to find answers for specific questions
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:37 AM 09-09-2010
I like the simpleness of this forum the way it is.... :/
Crystal 09:53 AM 09-09-2010
I like the idea....that's how my forum is set up.

BUT, I also like the simplicity of this forum as well.
MyAngels 02:50 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
I like the idea....that's how my forum is set up.

BUT, I also like the simplicity of this forum as well.
Where is your forum? I'd like to check it out!
Michael 02:59 PM 09-09-2010
I am here! You can always PM me. I've tried other Main Category theads in the past but it tends to get complicated for new members and does not get much interest. Perhaps we could create groups instead. I will look into it. Here are some great links on how to better use the functions of this forum. Let me know if anything stands out on what you could use for your benifit.

General Forum Usage
https://www.daycare.com/forum/faq.ph...b3_board_usage

User Profile Features
https://www.daycare.com/forum/faq.ph...3_user_profile

Reading and Posting Messages
https://www.daycare.com/forum/faq.ph..._threads_posts
Former Teacher 03:39 PM 09-09-2010
Great..just when I finally get the knack...Michael is going to change it!

j/k!!!!!
Lucy 07:29 PM 09-09-2010
I think there should be separate areas for home daycare vs. center based daycare.
Michael 10:19 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by Joyce:
I think there should be separate areas for home daycare vs. center based daycare.
Joyce, I tried that one, but everyone comes here. I think it is because the search engines have indexed our main two categories and everyone enters throught them from a google/yahoo/bing search. So they never see the the front category section unless they come from the front page of Daycare.com
seashell 05:15 AM 09-10-2010
No more unregistered posters! (Just my 2 cents...)
legomom922 07:56 AM 09-10-2010
How would creating a "group" work?
Unregistered 10:29 AM 09-13-2010
Originally Posted by seashell:
No more unregistered posters! (Just my 2 cents...)
Oh, I hope this doesn't happen. I had a negative experience on one of the other child care message boards and have been reluctant to register on any other boards because of it. I happened to stumble onto this site and have been kind of "testing the waters" as an unregistered poster until I decide whether to officially join or not. I've read both registered and unregistered posts on this site and both types have been helpful and informative. I know there's more chance that an unregistered poster could try to cause trouble here but from what I've seen so far, that doesn't seem to be much of an issue here. This board seems to be closely monitored so even if an unregistered poster started to cause a problem, my guess is, Michael would ban her/him pretty quickly.
Michael 01:02 PM 09-13-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Oh, I hope this doesn't happen. I had a negative experience on one of the other child care message boards and have been reluctant to register on any other boards because of it. I happened to stumble onto this site and have been kind of "testing the waters" as an unregistered poster until I decide whether to officially join or not. I've read both registered and unregistered posts on this site and both types have been helpful and informative. I know there's more chance that an unregistered poster could try to cause trouble here but from what I've seen so far, that doesn't seem to be much of an issue here. This board seems to be closely monitored so even if an unregistered poster started to cause a problem, my guess is, Michael would ban her/him pretty quickly.
No worries. Your point is smack on. I have no plans not allowing unregistered.
Michael 01:06 PM 09-13-2010
Originally Posted by legomom922:
How would creating a "group" work?
What is a social group?
A social group is a group of people usually with a particular interest or something else in common. It provides a way of communicating between members as well as sharing photos or other images.
You can get to the list through 'Group Memberships' section on your public profile (?).
The Social Groups list page displays all groups that have been created. You can list the groups by the number of members, messages or pictures, the group name, when the group was created or by the date of the most recent message posted. You can use the controls provided to search for a group.
How do I join a group?
To join a group, click the group title then click 'Join Group'. When you have joined a group, its name will be shown in your public profile. You must be a logged-in, registered member to join groups.
Can I create my own social group?
As a registered member, you can create your own social group (providing the administrator allows this). Go to the groups page and click 'Create A New Group'. Complete the title and description for your group then select the type. There are three types of groups:
Tags:forum members
Reply Up