Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sending Home Notes....
blueclouds29 07:25 AM 10-31-2011
when you write a letter home to parents to do you email them or hand them an actual letter?
Heidi 07:35 AM 10-31-2011
Actual letters (like daily notes I was doing every day) didnt get read, and usually ended up on the floor in the car.

I now text...that's all!
sharlan 07:40 AM 10-31-2011
I don't send home notes, I speak directly to the parents.
blueclouds29 07:40 AM 10-31-2011
For instance what about reminding parents of the contract and late payments.. Email or letter at pickup?
Blackcat31 07:48 AM 10-31-2011
I speak directly to the parents and then hand them the same informationin written form.

Saves me from hearing the excuses that they didn't get the note, didn't have time to read it or whatever else....
Mrs. CC 07:50 AM 10-31-2011
Originally Posted by blueclouds29:
For instance what about reminding parents of the contract and late payments.. Email or letter at pickup?
Verbally discuss and hand paper reminding at the same time.
Cat Herder 07:51 AM 10-31-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I speak directly to the parents and then hand them the same information written form.

Saves me from hearing the excuses that they didn't get the note, didn't have time to read it or whatever else....
I do the same but ALSO post it on the daycare FB page so the spouse gets the same, first-hand, information.

You'd be shocked at what is lost in translation between parents.
Tags:communicating, communicating with parents, notification letter, professionalism
Reply Up