Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Banana Ice Cream
mema 07:57 PM 07-02-2012
Saw this on pinterest and had to try it. My kids loved it and it's only made from bananas! We tried it soft serve and hard serve and they preferred it soft. Thinking I will make it for the dck later this week since it's sooooo stinkin hot!

http://www.cometogetherkids.com/2012...anas-only.html
quailsgarden 08:11 AM 07-03-2012
I make this all the time for my group. It is also good with a tsp of cocoa powder and vanilla. You can refreeze it after too, and it scoops easy when frozen: )
Kaddidle Care 11:07 AM 07-03-2012
Question - can't you just pop the whole bananas in the freezer and peel when ready? Hmm - it looks great - and if it doesn't work out right you can always turn it into a smoothie.
Lilbutterflie 11:12 AM 07-03-2012
Mmmmm... Will have to try! Thanks!
mema 12:30 PM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by quailsgarden:
I make this all the time for my group. It is also good with a tsp of cocoa powder and vanilla. You can refreeze it after too, and it scoops easy when frozen: )
I will have to try it with the powder and vanilla! Thanks!

Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Question - can't you just pop the whole bananas in the freezer and peel when ready? Hmm - it looks great - and if it doesn't work out right you can always turn it into a smoothie.
I have frozen whole bananas, but I have never put them into a blender or food processor while frozen whole. Not sure if it would dull the blades faster???

I just bought a new blender because my other one went kaput. Without thinking, I tried it without freezing the bananas (I was super stoked to try out the new machine and couldn't wait for a little freezing!). Needless to say, that batch went smoothie popsicles Lesson learned-make sure they're frozen!
Countrygal 06:30 AM 07-04-2012
You CAN freeze whole bananas, and they're really good, but this looks great, too! I'm definitely gonna give it a try. We're supposed to hit over a hundred here in the next couple of days, and that's bad with our humidity.
crunchymama 06:25 AM 07-06-2012
MMM...this looks yummy! Wish we hadn't ate all the bananas yesterday!
BumbleBee 08:55 AM 07-06-2012
Looks delicious! I will definately be trying this. Thanks for sharing.
moshimoshi 12:44 AM 07-07-2012
Yum, I made banana ice cream last weekend, but I swirled some fudge in it. It was for me and not the kids though.
countrymom 07:23 AM 08-10-2012
I'm making this today, my dd and dcg cut all the bananas for me and we are now freezing them. I have chocolate fudge and strawberry ice cream toppings if anyone wants something different. I love this ladies site, I was going to make the other ice cream she has, but I bought fresh cream instead of heavy cream.
Reply Up