Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mmk
Leigh 09:34 AM 08-17-2015
I'm enrolling new kids in MMK who have 2 moms. I can't stand the thought of having to put one of them in under "father", which is apparently my only choice. '
Does everyone else just put the other mother under "father"? I know that the moms will never know that one of them is Father, but it bugs me!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:36 AM 08-17-2015
you could do the other as guardian
laundrymom 10:16 AM 08-17-2015
I would call your sponsor. Ask them to fix it. Ask them until it is fixed.
Scribbles 11:08 AM 08-17-2015
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
This is what I would do as well.
I have a family where the step-mother does almost 100% of the dropping off/picking up, scheduling and communicating. I listed her under guardian. Unless there are tabs that are editable so we can add our own titles in or tabs that simply say "Parent #1" and "Parent #2" I don't see a solution that is going to make everyone happy/feel included. I definitely see this as becoming an issue in lots of areas as I was thinking about this post and looked at all my state forms and all of them list "mother/father/guardian" as the only parent headings.
284878 04:07 PM 08-20-2015
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
This.
The parent that is not DNA related, can not legally make medical discussion with out the DNA parent signing off legal rights, which is done in foster care and adoptive cases.
I say this because my sister, the step mom to my nephew could not legally make any decisions when he was in the hospital in a coma. They had to wait for my BIL to get there. So unless they changed the Law the "step parent" does not have the same rights as a DNA parent.

So I would list the "step parent" as guardian.
Tags:minute menu, minute menu kids, mmk
Reply Up