Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Diaper changes with full leg brace- suggestions
mommiebookworm 01:51 PM 10-05-2015
Hi!
My new dcb has a full leg brace- it goes from his foot to almost his hip. I'm struggling with diaper changes when he has gone #2. Any suggestions? The brace is rigid and he makes his other leg stiff as well.
Silly Songs 02:14 PM 10-05-2015
Did you ask his parents about how they manage it ? Maybe they change him on the floor etc ? You probably can't do that because of licensing etc . I hope you find a solution .
SilverSabre25 02:17 PM 10-05-2015
I agree--ask the parents how they manage. It sounds very frustrating for all parties!
mommiebookworm 09:16 PM 10-05-2015
I'll make sure to ask Mom tomorrow. Thanks!
Leigh 06:30 AM 10-06-2015
Originally Posted by mommiebookworm:
Hi!
My new dcb has a full leg brace- it goes from his foot to almost his hip. I'm struggling with diaper changes when he has gone #2. Any suggestions? The brace is rigid and he makes his other leg stiff as well.
Practice. My son had a cast on one of his legs for the first 8 weeks of his life (clubfoot treatment). It just takes trial and error. If your concern is getting poop on the brace, I bought long socks (like for a 10 year old), and covered his cast with a sock to keep it clean during changes.
Reply Up