Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2019, 01:11 PM
loischerry's Avatar
loischerry loischerry is offline
New Member
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Michigan
Posts: 13
Default Taxes Unregistered Provider

hello all! i realize im new and realize this is my 1st post. i found this site by googling tom copeland. whose name i was given to look up my tax question. ive read some but most is about in home providers as a business.

background info. i am in mi, i am unlicensed. i am a seasoned daycare worker i will be 47 at the end of the month and have been working in daycare settings since i was 21. 5 years ago the center i was working in folded and closed. i am trained, with ceu's, sids, and cpr and hold a cda. 6 months after "retiring" ( 4 yrs ago) i started caring for my nephews and niece and my cousins baby. its a paycut i wouldnt trade for anything in this world. i love it. this past sept (2018) i started helping a neighbor out and watching her school aged son for 45 mins in the morning before the bus came. she pays me $10 for that 45 mins ($50 a week). she asked me this week about child care credit on her taxes and if she could have my info. i said id never provided it before and id look up info regarding it. and get back to her next week. i use one of those big guy corporations for my taxes and the past 4 yrs have claimed my income from my family as other earned income ( idk what form that is in irs talk) my family has never asked for tax info and ive never given it. ive not actually considered myself a business nor have kept any records business-wise at all. i take this as a neighbor helping a neighbor but i dont want to be taken either. im really at a loss here as i dont provide anything for this boy other than a warm place to watch spongebob and tell him when its time to walk across the yard to his driveway for the bus, i guess my questions are
1. how do i go about this? add up what shes paid? ask her for the amount shes paid?
2. what info do i give my neighbor? is there a form? do i need to legalize this info ( certified mail or notarized? )
3. how would i then claim this info on my taxes? again im unlicensed so i have no provider # how would the irs know that the info she puts on her taxes about child care is correct and how would they know what i put on mine about the claim would be correct?

TIA for any answers.
Reply With Quote

taxes - unlicensed, tom copeland, unregistered daycare

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do Your Daycare Kids Act Out at Pickup? jenh171 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 72 12-13-2018 04:57 PM
How do the daycare parents file taxes with you as their dc provider? missmolly Daycare and Taxes 1 03-18-2013 10:08 AM
Quite Upset With A Fellow Provider :( Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 13 12-26-2012 04:22 PM
Paid Vacations days during Provider Unpaid Vacation BroMoney Parents and Guardians Forum 15 12-05-2012 09:20 AM
Frustrated with Provider - Sick Days and TV frustratedmomma Parents and Guardians Forum 6 06-25-2010 11:46 AM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:32 AM.         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming