Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thermometer From The State
DaveA 04:36 AM 07-30-2020
Did any other IL providers get the thermometer the state sent out? Are you going to use it? I’m not because 1) it’s a contact thermometer when their own guidelines recommend a non contact one & 2) it wants you to download an app Nope- not giving DCFS an excuse to say they can look at my phone “to check the logs”. Not to mention we’ve supposed to have been taking temps for a while now. So we probably already have one. Ugh.
Cat Herder 05:10 AM 07-30-2020
My theory: They got a big grant. They have to spend a set percentage to divert the rest where they want it. They bought the cheapest, most easily defendable product to meet the minimum requirements of the grant writers.

Sound familiar.
DaveA 05:26 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
My theory: They got a big grant. They have to spend a set percentage to divert the rest where they want it. They bought the cheapest, most easily defendable product to meet the minimum requirements of the grant writers.

Sound familiar.
Yeah that sounds about right. One of those “oh brother” moments the state is great for.
MyAngels 02:42 PM 07-30-2020
Yeah I got one too. I have not opened it as I already have one. Typical Illinois, I would have rather had a choice of something else I could actually use
grandmom 01:25 PM 08-14-2020
No way would I put that app on my phone.

No. Stinking. Way.
sahm1225 08:11 AM 08-15-2020
Which one did you get? I got one that’s touchless and no app but the battery dies after 2 days of temp checks (I counted. 38 temp checks a day and on the second day batteries are drained).

I Ordered the one from INCCRRA on July 1st and it came last week. That ones been fine. But I bought one off amazon for $50 that’s been more consistent. I currently walk out to meet family’s With a box that contains the daily logs binder, 4 touchless thermometers, an ear Thermometer, sanitizing wipes, tissues and pens...

It’s craZy
Littlepeopleprovider 09:56 AM 08-15-2020
Great idea with the box!
Tags:covid-19 and daycare, illinois
Reply Up