Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default State Pay/Minute Menu question

I have a parent that just got on State daycare assistance a couple of months ago, so I get paid once a month by the state. Her fee is only $5/week, the rest the state pays for.

So do I enter the state pay into Minute Menu or will I just get a W2 from the State at the end of the year?
Old 10-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Celebrating Daily!

I have gotten payment from MN and WI and they issue a 1099 at the end of the year. You are not being employed by the state so you should not get a W2. I enter all the money into MM as seperate payments and make a note as to whether the state paid or the parent paid.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:30 PM
*DAYCARE PROVIDER*

can you imagine only paying $5 a week LOL...
Old 10-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Ya, that would be nice, huh? Only $5 for child care...but she qualifies, a single mom w/ no child support.

What I did last month was add the words New York State under the mom's account and when I invoice it, I invoice the state and mark the State paid "X" amount. Then it dawned on me that maybe I shouldn't be entering it into minute menu under her account (but it invoices to New york state so it doesn't show that the mom is paying it), so that's why I asked.

Tags
minute menu kids, mmk