Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Did You Ever Feel So Relieved After You Termed?

While DCB was here, I was soo stressed, moody, aggitated, etc. he was a cute great little boy, but just not for here. I swear he had ADHD at 17 months old...I could not keep up with him, and he was very violent and rough with everything. He would even hit DCG in the face daily...

I cannot tell you how good it felt to wake up this am and know I didnt have to deal him! My stress is gone, and I feel happy again! I have spent the day cleaning and disenfecting everything he touched! He had a runny nose every single day he was ever here!

Money is not everything, and even though I needed it very badly, I needed my sanity more. I guess with the way I'm feeling today, it just confirms I made the right choice in cutting him loose!

Did anyone else ever feel like this?
Old 11-05-2010, 01:15 PM

YES. Yes, yes, yes. My last termination (my second) I think I cried with relief after the letter was handed off.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Daycare.com Senior Member

YES!!!!!! when I termd the boy a few weeks ago which was still during the trial period I was VERY relieved.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

in a word,.. YES
Old 11-05-2010, 01:56 PM

Oh yes...I have never been in a position to terminate a child. However the few children in my care that were let go, I was relieved. In fact every one of them (I stopped counting at 5)...I cried with happiness.

On a side note (don't mean to hijack, just want to explain why we had a high turnover of children being termed), my former center is known as the Reject Center. We ALWAYS took the children that the other centers/caregivers got rid of. Because to put it honestly, we needed kids. No matter what the consequences were.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Daycare.com Member

I had a 2yo dcg who drove me crazy. She hit, slapped,pulled hair just a terror...plus bm was late for pick up and pay. I had to term early due to aggressive behavior and it was the best decision I made. I need the money too but I feel so relieved that I don't have to put up with her or mom again. AMEN!!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:47 PM

YES. Didn't even realize just how stressful and chaotic it was til they were no longer there. My group just feels so right now and everyone gets along so well. No one is looking over their shoulder to see if someone is going to hurt them. Very aggressive little one I had...wish I'd of termed earlier if anything.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderhearts View Post
YES!!!!!! when I termd the boy a few weeks ago which was still during the trial period I was VERY relieved.
I just termed during a trial too and it's amazing the difference!!

So to answer your question....YES!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:40 AM
Daycare.com Member

This was my first week without termed boy. HEAVEN
Old 11-08-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomom922 View Post
While DCB was here, I was soo stressed, moody, aggitated, etc. he was a cute great little boy, but just not for here. I swear he had ADHD at 17 months old...I could not keep up with him, and he was very violent and rough with everything. He would even hit DCG in the face daily...

I cannot tell you how good it felt to wake up this am and know I didnt have to deal him! My stress is gone, and I feel happy again! I have spent the day cleaning and disenfecting everything he touched! He had a runny nose every single day he was ever here!

Money is not everything, and even though I needed it very badly, I needed my sanity more. I guess with the way I'm feeling today, it just confirms I made the right choice in cutting him loose!

Did anyone else ever feel like this?
Yep! I am on week 2 now of no ODD boy and his little 10 mo brother who didn't sleep, and it has been fantastic! I love my job again!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Daycare.com Member

yes soo much it was wounderful the one time i did it!

Tags
termination