Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Nice Parents...

I baked cookies for my dcg's family and I put 12 sugar Christmas cookies in zipper bag and I gave her coloring book and beginning 8 colors. The dcm gave me two presents with card. I feel so bad because she gave me a nice one. I should have bought a book for her older sister but I didn't. I told my husband I should buy something for her and nice card so I will feel better when I stop by her house tomorrow.. My husband said it shouldn't bother because we gave it to them. Still I feel bad. What should I do?
Old 12-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Daycare.com Member

Honestly...I know how you feel but I tell you what...who cares!! You gave what you wanted and what you could and there is no shame in that. It sounds like a lovely gift to have given and you should not feel bad at all.

If they think bad about it or say anything then shame on them!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Daycare.com Member

Thank you! She texted to let me know the cookies are very delicious. At least, I feel better. My dcg absolutely loves what I gave it to her. I guess that is all matter, right?
Old 12-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Daycare.com Member

I think many people (including myself) get sooo caught-up with trying to make everything fair during the Christmas Season. Either by number of gifts given, by the monetary value, or both. I get really frustrated with people, especially my parents, because they do way too much for gifts, and have to outdo themselves every year. I often find myself feeling down (like right now) because my family is on such a small budget. We had 500 dollars to spend on everyone this year (our own kids + extended family) and that is it. I think about the kinds of gifts that will be received versus what we are able to give, and I start to feel bad.

But you know what?? It's OK! Christmas isn't ABOUT the gifts. It shouldn't be, anyways. It's about faith, hope, love, charity, family, and the birth of a special baby boy. I personally don't care if I get anything at all, except the memories and time with my family. I very much long for a time where things were simple, gifts were simple and meant something much more than they do now. I don't know how I am going to make that happen within my own family, but gosh darn it...I'm sure going to try! Magic doesn't mean the most expensive gift you can buy

I think your gift was just lovely!

Merry Christmas and God Bless,

MN Mom

Tags
good family