Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Doing Your Stuff On The Computer
countrymom 05:39 AM 02-24-2011
how do you guys keep track of your stuff for tax purposes and how about parents recipets. I do everything by hand, but I would like to do it on the computer. I need examples, telling me to do in word doc is not working because I don't know where to start.
Cat Herder 05:46 AM 02-24-2011
Minute Menu Kids Pro. It downloads to your computer and has instructions you can read a million times....

I swear it is worth it.... and trust me spending MORE money this year was not at the top of my list...

I wish I had made this investment years ago. I just learned it existed, here...

Oh, I wanted to add that I am not on a food program and I thought that was what this program was.... Sure it helps those that are on it, but it also has simplified/organized every other aspect of the daycare for me. I love the direct deposit option, too. It does all the billing for me.... Yay!!!
marniewon 05:54 AM 02-24-2011
I do all mine in an excel worksheet, but have my sign in/out sheet on paper.

Excel is super easy to use, and once you set up spreadsheet, you can "copy" it however many times you need to if you have similar pages.

For store receipts, I go through them at the end of each month and anything that has anything to do with daycare on them, I save and enter them into the spreadsheet. My headings are: Date, Store, Item. And then I have 2 columns for the amount. In the first column are the amounts for direct dc use (diapers, wipes, etc). Second column is household that could be used for dc (TSP amounts) like dishsoap, toilet paper, etc.

I don't give parent receipts. Just year end. If they pay cash, I will write them a receipt in a receipt book that I picked up for $3. If they pay by check, that is their receipt.
MyAngels 06:02 AM 02-24-2011
I use excel to track everything too, including all expenses, mileage, and receipts. I just have one workbook, with several different sheets in it, for each year. Mine is not as fancy as some, I've seen, but it gets the job done for me, for free.
countrymom 07:09 AM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Minute Menu Kids Pro. It downloads to your computer and has instructions you can read a million times....

I swear it is worth it.... and trust me spending MORE money this year was not at the top of my list...

Oh, I wanted to add that I am not on a food program and I thought that was what this program was.... Sure it helps those that are on it, but it also has simplified/organized every other aspect of the daycare for me. I love the direct deposit option, too. It does all the billing for me.... Yay!!!
i'm in canada and it won't work.
unregistered member 07:32 AM 02-24-2011
Country Mom,
I'm in Ontario and went to a home daycare income tax workshop a couple of nights ago. If you pm me your email I can send you the forms that the accountant encouraged us to use. Very simple. I put them on Word.

GL!
Amy
Cat Herder 07:42 AM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I'm in canada and it won't work.
Oh, no.... I did not know that.... That stinks I am sorry.

Before I had my computer (just in the last couple years) I did "Redneck Excel" by logging my stuff into memo books and typing them up on my Brother brand typewriter...

Yeah, I am a Technotard (In the same way that kids Pj's are flame retardant for you PC folks ) and am still learning all this stuff, too..
Lianne 07:44 AM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by unregistered:
Country Mom,
I'm in Ontario and went to a home daycare income tax workshop a couple of nights ago. If you pm me your email I can send you the forms that the accountant encouraged us to use. Very simple. I put them on Word.

GL!
Amy
Would you mind sending them to me as well? I'll send you a PM, if that's okay. I'm in Ontario as well.
grandmom 12:45 PM 02-24-2011
QUICKEN

It does everything. I love Quicken.
daycare 12:58 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:

ditto... i live by MMK
Reply Up