Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>SO CLOSE to the End of School
SilverSabre25 06:17 AM 05-15-2013
So close I can taste it. Counting today, 7 more days of school. 14 more walks to/from the bus. 7 more mornings of feeling like what we can do is limited and constricted by having to have lunch earlier than I like and get to the bus stop. 7 more days of this.

Then summer...and I'm homeschooling DD next year...and she's SO EXCITED for it, which says a lot I think. And next fall my problem DCB goes to kindy and is in a different school district so coming here isn't an option, haha. <--gleeful laugh, btw, not condescending.

And summer, when i can take the kids outside in the morning without feeling like it's stupid because we come in, have lunch, and then get ready to go right back outside to go to the bus stop.

Of course, next fall holds the pressure of having two spots to fill (DCB, and DD who turns six and doesn't count in my numbers anymore) when filling spots is always very difficult for me. But I have all of summer to enjoy before we get there....7 more days...
bunnyslippers 07:56 AM 05-15-2013
We have 26 more school days until we are out for the summer and my daycare is closed forever. I am overjoyed and can't wait for the break in the monotony of every day routines. I can't WAIT to not have to make lunches. I can't WAIT to let my own kids sleep in. I can't WAIT until they can stay in their jammies if they want to. I can't WAIT until I can let them stay up later playing in the yard and catching fireflies. I can't WAIT until I can have a glass of sangria at 3:00 just because it is hot and I feel like it. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snbauser 09:56 AM 05-15-2013
We have 18 days counting today and I have 22 days before I go on my summer schedule of working 3 days/week. I will be broke but I am so looking forward to spending some extra time with my kids.
AfterSchoolMom 12:31 PM 05-15-2013
I hear you!

We have 18 full days and 2 half days of school left. I'm SOOO excited for summer. My kids have a very hard time in school and it's a constant struggle. Summer time is the only time that we can just relax, have fun, and not argue every day!
Reply Up