Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My OWN child is the issue!! I HAVE THAT KID
jgcp 09:50 AM 03-02-2015
I decided to do childcare so I could stay home with my children. My child has turned into the worst kid here, I feel like I am ALWAYS on him, redirecting, putting in timeout, trying to get him to listen, he tells me no, tells me to stop talking?? He is super disruptive when im trying to read, sing,circle time. He is so mean to the other kids and I always have to make sure they go from room to room with me( kitchen in different part of house) or he gets really aggressive. Me and dh have tried so many different ways of disapline and nothing seems to faze him. I HAVE THAT KID, and its draining and its really making me rethink this. He is good for other ppl for the most part, I know its not the easiest thing having other kids in his home but hes 2 1/2 and ive done this since he was 9 months old! Everyone tells me its because he is a boy and 2 but its really getting to me and i kinda want to pull my hair out!! or quit and go back to the 9-5 someone else raising my child grind that i hated too ugggg Im at my wits end and just wanna cry most days
Shell 10:05 AM 03-02-2015
Been there, and still go through it some days (like today ).
The best advice I have, if you want to keep doing daycare, is to make sure your child gets out a little. If you have family, have him picked up 1-2 days a week to do something "special", go for ice cream, library, something.
For those that don't have family, 1/2 day preschool can be good- but I never liked this option, and pulled ds out of two preschools.
It's hard- they share mommy, toys, everything.
Make sure he gets special time with you (im sure you do) outside of daycare, too.
cara041083 10:12 AM 03-02-2015
Oh I feel 100% like you do! I have 2 at home on my daycare. A 2 year old and a 1 year old. Both girls are awful! They don't listen to me, they disrupt everyone. They just get worse and worse. I have even played around with putting them into a daycare down the street and filling their spots. I don't have any issues with my DCK's but being with my own 24/7 is draining me. I don't know what to do. I told my husband its going to drive me back to work if they keep it up. I do time out, early bed, I am constantly on them. Its a nightmare.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 10:19 AM 03-02-2015
My dd is 4 and she is a sneaky little drama queen. She can talk DCB (who is almost 4) into just about anything. He will do it even if he knows it is wrong. She stomps her feet and tries to back talk. It's much worse when parents are dropping off or picking up. She spent Friday in her room just sitting on her bed with books because her mouth. So your definately not alone in the having "that kid". I have thought about leaving daycare and sending her to a center that my sister works at and my older kids went to, but she will start school in September so I can hang in there.
Rachel 10:37 AM 03-02-2015
My son was like that last year. Not so disruptive (he wasn't 2 yet) but more would't nap, wanted to eat things different from teh others, always driving me batty. Here you have to send out your other kids at 2 and it's been the best thing. He's a dream for his DCP, I enjoy being with him when he gets home, he naps there and eats there and is well rested and well fed and HAPPY. I know it's not practical for everyone, but ptting your own kids in daycare and doing daycare isn't as crazy as it sounds!
Baby Beluga 12:45 PM 03-02-2015
you are not alone.

I am currently there with my DD. She turned 3 in January and has been terrible ever since. I started putting her down for nap 30 minutes after everyone else. In that 30 minutes we play in her room and read books. Since implementing this she has improved some but still has some very difficult days.
jgcp 05:41 AM 03-03-2015
Thanks everyone!!!!! It really sucks some days!! I really dont want to go work for someone else again. My dh is really good about giving me time after dck go home to get ouy of the house or time alone! So that does help. besides the not listening all thr aggression goes away when the dcks go home. Hes we're just gonna have to live with it.he'll thank me later bahahaha. Hope we can all hang in there!!
GabsKids 07:15 AM 03-03-2015
I've also been there! It can be really stressful. My son is/was the same way. He is now almost 9. I did send him to preschool when he was 3 & 4. It was only a few mornings a week, but it helped. At rest time, I would also try to give him some one on one with me, and he would rest/sleep in his own room.

My advice is to pick your battles with him. I feel as though he probably just wants your attention. Good or bad. Try to focus on the good behavior, even if it's small things, and ignore the bad. And I am definitely not saying you don't give him attention. I just think when he has to share your attention, he probably feels a little jealous. Kind of like sibling rivalry. I got through it, some days were very hard. It sounds like your dh is very supportive, which really helps! My son is now in 3rd grade and still isn't very kind to the daycare kids. My daycare is in our basement. If he is misbehaving, I send him upstairs.
melilley 10:26 AM 03-03-2015
I'm right with you. I have a 2.5 year old ds and he is terrible here on most days! He runs, recently will push and hit, doesn't listen half of the time, and screams. I always tell my dh that I'm going to send him to one of my dcm's dc. Yes, one of my dcm's just opened her own in home and brings her son here 3 days a week. And to top it off, I have a 12 year old dd who is snotty and just started her monthly cycles, so is moody a lot and I am 18 weeks pregnant and my patience is thin these days...lol

Hope it gets better for all of us!
Baby Beluga 11:40 AM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by melilley:
I'm right with you. I have a 2.5 year old ds and he is terrible here on most days! He runs, recently will push and hit, doesn't listen half of the time, and screams. I always tell my dh that I'm going to send him to one of my dcm's dc. Yes, one of my dcm's just opened her own in home and brings her son here 3 days a week. And to top it off, I have a 12 year old dd who is snotty and just started her monthly cycles, so is moody a lot and I am 18 weeks pregnant and my patience is thin these days...lol

Hope it gets better for all of us!
It's funny that you mention this. As I was reading through this thread I thought to myself how nice it might be to have providers in the same area trade childcare for each others children to help with this issue. Seems like all or at least most of us have this problem!
melilley 12:14 PM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
It's funny that you mention this. As I was reading through this thread I thought to myself how nice it might be to have providers in the same area trade childcare for each others children to help with this issue. Seems like all or at least most of us have this problem!
I'll admit that some days it would be nice. But I think I would feel too guilty sending my ds to someone else when I'm at home with other people's children...maybe...no I probably would feel bad.
jgcp 06:31 AM 03-04-2015
I have been telling dh we need to let gma or someone watch him more because he freaks out when we take him to nursery at church!!! Must mean he needs more time away from mom and dad haha.
Ariana 10:22 AM 03-04-2015
Yep same here with both my kids! They did not transition well to sharing me with other kids or other kids invading their space. It is hard!!
Tags:provider children, provider children - problem
Reply Up